Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

405nm AR glass lenses - fit AixiZ  FEELER

Krutz

Re: 405nm AR glass lenses - fit AixiZ  FEELER

DanQ said:
[quote author=Krutz link=1212842385/816#824 date=1234290957](where is the "insane" smilie?)
how's this?
krutz_insane.gif
[/quote]

aaawwwww, my own smilie, and its insane! thats so kind! *smiles*

500 or 1000 lenses, 20 to 30k$, holy cow! no, i didnt realize it got/will get *that* big!
..now if only a custom-made focussable nut will be available too, perhaps extra apertures/pinholes to "clip on", and a few dollar per lens (or per order) extra for all the incredible effort igor did..? yay! xmas will be in spring this year! :)

manuel

Krutz said:
500 or 1000 lenses, 20 to 30k$, holy cow! no, i didnt realize it got/will get *that* big!
..now if only a custom-made focussable nut will be available too, perhaps extra apertures/pinholes to "clip on", and a few dollar per lens (or per order) extra for all the incredible effort igor did..? yay! xmas will be in spring this year! :)

manuel

If you consider that the only mod is replacing a lens, you cant beat the boost for the buck ratio. Hell you could drop the power on your laser making it last 10x longer and use the lens to bring it back to what it was originally. That's what I'm going to do with mine. :cool:

What are the advantages of using a Meredith lens over a glass Aixiz lens? How do they compare?

daguin

Cappernicus said:
What are the advantages of using a Meredith lens over a glass Aixiz lens? How do they compare?

The Merideth gives you more output, but has a "messier" beam than the AixiZ.

Peace,
dave

Cappernicus said:
I would answer that, but you are spamming.
Send me a PM and I'll answer your question.

daguin said:
[quote author=Cappernicus link=1212842385/832#835 date=1234425688]What are the advantages of using a Meredith lens over a glass Aixiz lens? How do they compare?

The Merideth gives you more output, but has a "messier" beam than the AixiZ.

Peace,
dave[/quote]
Though the Meredth gives you a thinner beam and focuses better...
The glass is of better quality and sits closer to the diode.
Also, the focusing ring doesn't wobble.
Therefore, the Meredith is superior to the AixiZ.

i am interested in 1 or 2 for my blu-ray laser projects... i have never bought of of laserpointerforums before so i dont really know how to do this. my email is:

pianoman2011@yahoo.com

please email or message me about these lenses... i would love to buy some

rkcstr

Hey pianoman, since you're new, I'll say 'Welcome'. However, typically you should give a short read-through the past 2-3 pages of such a long thread such as this before asking questions because the answer to your question gets posted on just about every page....

First of all, this is a "Group Buy", which means that the typical course of events are that someone organizes it and gets everything in order for it to happen (where this GB is at now), then money gets collects from everyone to pay for a large order, then the order is placed after all money is collected. The organizer gets the items from the supplier and then proceeds to distribute them to all members of the GB.

So, to answer your question: there is no way to pay yet as there is nothing to pay for; Igor is still organizing the buy.

Also, I'd suggest removing your email as that just invites spam to your mailbox.

Spoz

Put me down for two if this is still going

If this fits an aixiz module.

Im in for one 405nm one layer lens.

IgorT should should say that it would be a big help if they add 5 USD to there payment for the hardwork he has done. :p

if everyone that wants one does that he would get 255 USD. :eek:

Hopfully that would be enough for all the stuff that IgorT has done to organize this. ;D

Well heck....I will take 2 or 3. Let me know when and where to paypal the money. Im just getting started in this hobby.....I need all kinds of things.

Rick

Krutz

AusLasersSuck said:
IgorT should should say that it would be a big help if they add 5 USD to there payment for the hardwork he has done. :p

if everyone that wants one does that he would get 255 USD. :eek:

Hopfully that would be enough for all the stuff that IgorT has done to organize this. ;D

i read all the pages until here, its bigger than you think, even! :)
his spendings by now go into the thousand(s?) of dollars, with checking available lenses around 60$ a try and ordering several custom-made lenses already. check when the first post was made to get a vague idea of how much time igor must have invested.
this easily is the largest single project ever done in a lasercommunity to get sweet stuff to us. heck, it will be in the top-10 of the largest (hobbyists) laserprojects altogether! :)

and it was absolutely worth it! the outcome is stunning, and i'm glad it receives the attention it deserves. the ordered lenses will, when the time comes, probably be in the 500+ or 1000+ area. i personally would find "a single dollar" on top of a single lenses' price for igor almost too low, and even then it would rise the price less than 5%, and still be somewhere around 1/3 to 1/2 of the price of the next available (inferior) lens online.
lets see.. 1000 lenses, 1 dollar each extra, we'll be somewhat over the stated 255 dollars ;-)
anxious to see how many lenses and orders there will be, in the end!

..and did i mention already: "oh boy, oh, boy, they are coming, the waiting is almost over!"

manuel