Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

35MM CU Modules/DTR

Found a sweet host, hoping i can incorporate the 35mm module into, this thing is awesome. EBay item#381336070175
Can't link but worth a look

Last edited:
Cu module came in today, (along with lots of other goodies) man it fits perfect in the utilitech flashlight i modified, barely enough room left for thermal compound. I put a pic of it in my avitar, (still havent figured out how to post pics on board). A 9mm nbd7875 445nm diode should arrive tomorrow, cant wait

Man, i love these cu 35mm modules. I have figured out a simple way to use them in the mx900. Unscrew the bezel ring, drop it in, set a 1 3/4 fenderwasher on top of it and screw the ring back on. That simple. It self centers and is very snug. I have a few questions for DTR, when are the other sizes coming out, is a 5.6mm version possible and will there be a half sized back? these are the greatest thing since sliced bread!

Just found and ordered cu 1 3/4" washers on ebay, boom!

Last edited:

Pman

I would like to see some pics of how it looks with the washer in place. Did you buy stainless steel ones? Bugs me that all that lovely copper is getting hidden. There has to be another way to do it and keep all that copper visible. It doesn't fall through the top ring does it?

I would like to see some pics of how it looks with the washer in place. Did you buy stainless steel ones? Bugs me that all that lovely copper is getting hidden. There has to be another way to do it and keep all that copper visible. It doesn't fall through the top ring does it?

Yeah, 35mm is 11/2", the keeper ring is bigger so yeah, it falls through with out something to keep it in. The fenderwasher does cover most of the copper but I ordered some copper fenderwashers on ebay. I'm gonna use my mx for temp builds and testing etc. So I want it easy to break down and build back.

Last edited:

Pman

Didn't realize they made copper fender washers. Cool.

Me either, till i searched eBay, these almost look like ones you use to screw a toilet to its flange....lol
I'm gonna cut it out somehow so that it only covers 1/8-1/4 of the module

The short amount of time I had the washer on Mine made the copper discolor a little. The washer is zinc plated, don't use this one

Got my diode today, done. Pic in my avatar. Love these 35mm modules, don't think this thing has a duty cycle...lol. lit it up for over 3mins, could barely tell the temp. changed.

Hi Pman
Ill show you when i get my 1-3/4 copper washers delivered. i'm curious also . If it come out well ill polish the washer on my buffing wheels ..

Rich:)

OVNI

Found a sweet host, hoping i can incorporate the 35mm module into, this thing is awesome. EBay item#381336070175
Can't link but worth a look

Did this host work out and if so, the number isn't working on eBay? Can you double check?

Did this host work out and if so, the number isn't working on eBay? Can you double check?

The laser in my avatar is the one i just finished, it's a utilitech flashlight from lowes. The 35mm cu module fit perfect after you file the lense keeper ring down. It has a good pill also. Thinking a 26650 will fit in it, got some on order. The flashlight i mentioned above is one I ordered hoping I can use the 35mm module in also, haven't received it as of yet. It's badass and I will use it no matter.

The washers will need polishing from the looks. When I pressed the diode into the 35mm module, the back didn't screw back on quite as far as it presses on the back of the diode. This made it 1/16 + longer, just enough to affect the bezel screwing down enough as it just barely did before on the mx900. I'm gonna solve this by filing a bevel on the bottom of my 35mm module. Shouldn't take much cause the taper is gradual.

Edit: the item # is right now. Sorry input wrong

Last edited: