Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

3.5W NDB7A75 445nm Laser Diode

IWIRE

There is some good news in the driver world ! :) I'll be watching ebay Rick !
Now if we could just come up with a buck driver that is adjustable in the 4 - 5a range. We would be seeing some crazy builds. I'm sure this diode is probably like the others with some more efficient than others and the occasional freak.

upaa27

That's pretty awesome. Might pick one later on :D

Last edited:

IsaacT

Just sent money for mine. Won't have the host built for another 1-2 weeks, but I am so excited and wanted to make sure I got one no matter what.

IWIRE

Cool ! Another flame thrower in the works ! Can't wait to see your build !
Best of luck with it !

rhd

Would this 4W/4A driver be good for this diode, it is under 10 euros at ebay?
New 4W Blue Laser Driver NDB7A75 Blue Laser Diode Driver | eBay

The first thing I note is the seeming lack of sizable capacitors. That may or may not be a deal killer. It at least looks like it's constant current - I see very low resistance sense resistors. If they're in series, it's 0.582 ohms and in parallel, 0.07 Ohms. That implies FB voltages of either 2.3V or 280mV, assuming no scaling. Both seem to correspond with actual buck ICs that exist. So at least the driver passes a sniff test, except for the skimpy caps, which is, well, par for the course with Chinese PCBs.

IWIRE

I meant to check last night and got busy trying to get yard work done between storms. I'm pretty sure I have that drive. If it's the one I'm thinking of I could never get it to flow more than about 2a.
I'm pretty sure the seller rgb labs is the same as Olike.
I have had the worse luck with eBay drives. I found a place that sells a 9a and a 5a led drive. Thinking about ordering a couple just to play with. Gotta be something out there.

It wasn't that drive I tried either. It was this drive.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/141166064421?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
I went ahead and ordered a couple of these.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-4W-blue-laser-driver-NDB7A75-blue-laser-diode-driver-/181422417181
Might as well see what it is :)

Last edited:

DTR

If they say 4W with the NDB7A75 it could just be a 2.8A maybe 3A driver. If that is the case I still prefer the 3.5A X-drive which is a known clean and reliable driver. It would be nice if they listed the current of the driver not the expected output with a particular diode.

Last edited:

Wmacky

In the description they do state 4 amps, but who knows................

I would love to see a 4 to 5 amp variable adjust driver! I thought I had solved this problem by going with a 3 diode host using 2 standard 9mm 445's + a additional green, But now that the Host has been ordered I'm having evil thoughts of a dual setup with one regular 9mm 445, and a NDB7A75, or pehaps even 2 - NDB7A75's :wave: So I need high amperage drivers for the full 12 watts!:D

If they say 4W with the NDB7A75 it could just be a 2.8A maybe 3A driver. If that is the case I still prefer the 3.5A X-drive which is a known clean and reliable driver. It would be nice if they listed the current of the driver not the expected output with a particular diode.

Last edited:
Greetings,

It is certainly worth looking at if only just to see if it really is at or close to what it is advertised to be.
If it is, then maybe someone could scope it

cheers,
Moe

IsaacT

I am going to be driving mine at 4.1A. Is this an okay amount to ask of the diode?

IWIRE

If that is the case I still prefer the 3.5A X-drive which is a known clean and reliable driver

Yes Sir. It is hard to beat peace of mind. I really like Angelos's drives. Hopefully this little availability issue will pass and we will start seeing some crazy builds start surfacing. I know the builders that can pull it off are here, I see them posting all the time :)

DTR

Hopefully this little availability issue will pass and we will start seeing some crazy builds start surfacing.

You mean on the 3.5A X-drive. I have some now and there are options for them wired to the NDB7A75's.:beer:

IWIRE

You mean on the 3.5A X-drive. I have some now and there are options for them wired to the NDB7A75's.:beer:

I already have one running at 3.4a on a xdrive and one running at 4.4a on sxb's. I'm hoping for an X-drive adjustable that's goes to 5a. I doubt I'd ever set one higher than 4.5a but who knows :eg:
I'm saving up my money right now to order 4 more of those diodes from you for a winter project I have planned :eg:

Fail post. Let me preface this but saying i should have known better.
I'm working on a build with these diodes. We all know the XXXfire 18650 are poor quality. I ordered 4 new cells from larryDFW almost three weeks ago but no package yet. So to substitute I used what I had kicking around. A few xxxfires
After about 10mins of actually run time(on and off all day working on alignment) my laser started to power down, my heart dropped "noooo".. I put it on the LPM and it measured 2W and dropping. A test with a DMM confirmed the battery was pretty dead 3.5V. Phew. I plugged in 2 Panasonics (from the other half of this build) and it powered back up. Hopefully no damage occurred. I have some purple Efests on the way.
Food for thought- put the project down and wait for the proper batteries. Patience

IsaacT

My build will be with 26650 King Kong whatever lithium's.