Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2W 445 DTR Frankenstein Ultrafire RL-2088 Handheld Host

DTR

I just saw this amazing build....All I can say is this is the best "Giant laser Host" I have ever seen...and I want one so bad!!!!!!

Hopefully in the future my build skills will improve and when I have money I can experience something like this as well...

:drool: :drool: :drool:

The best part is that I did not spend that much more than they want for an Arctic.:na:

Maybe the Frankenstiein should be added to T_J's 32 reasons not to buy an Arctic.:D

HIMNL9

LOL, that host is large enough for hold 4 diodes and all the needed optics for build a 6W handheld ..... if only the batteries can give enough current :p :D

DTR

You can get it for around $139 on eBay and Kiyoukan claims he can get it for under $100.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f42/host-poll-logo-contest-vote-fast-56405.html#post796413

hey guys i get these at a different price then all of you so you might think they go for 100$ but they dont.
Again contacts in china.
So pick what ever one you think looks cool.
I will be placing the order within the next 2 weeks.
So tell your friends and and mate here on lpf to take a look and vote.

If you think about someone willing to dish out $300-350 for an Arctic then this project is not that expensive.

You can get it for around $139 on eBay and Kiyoukan claims he can get it for under $100.

If you think about someone willing to dish out $300-350 for an Arctic then this project is not that expensive.

I know right. Arctic has nothing on both the 1.5watt and 2 watt builds you made.

I saw Kiyoukans host thread but because of the images being larger than my window I totally missed the #10 which was on the far right and I really didn't put much effort at looking either :D.

ped

You wouldnt be up for machining one of those hosts would you :) ?

this is quite an engineering masterpiece i like how the head was milled out to fit your heat sink and then made to accept your focusing module. now with reference to your circuitry you have two laser drivers in parallel were they both wired on the one PCB or did you only show one in your pics?

DTR

this is quite an engineering masterpiece i like how the head was milled out to fit your heat sink and then made to accept your focusing module. now with reference to your circuitry you have two laser drivers in parallel were they both wired on the one PCB or did you only show one in your pics?

It is a single P3 Flexmod linear driver capable of 2A not parallel drivers.

Check in this thread for the section where I put the driver in and sink it to the back of the massive heatsink.

Also this link goes into some more detail about the Flexmod.
http://laserpointerforums.com/f51/how-set-up-flexmod-p3-handheld-laser-56572.html#post798901