Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

26650 Current

Things----
Good hearing from you again!!
10 Amps through my old body??
Not likely.....
My 26650 cells seem to have stopped
working well. I'll test these 20 Amp cells
when they arrive.
HMike

Pman

Yeah, I am very curious about those samsung cells too.

itcrowd.png

Im just saying that it only takes about 5-10mA through your heart to kill you and 10Amps will certainly kill you if it contacts your right hand and left hand

If your going to Mason City next year please remind me before hand and I'll bring you some of my "D" cell LiMno cells they can put out more than 10 amps on discharge but once there are spent they are gone sorry no recharging :yabbem:

I have lots of them :)

Are you going to PGI next August ?

I didn't see you there in Penn this year, have you seen this> http://laserpointerforums.com/f57/24-aerial-shell-build-84988-2.html#post1230501
or this> http://laserpointerforums.com/f57/just-do-85602.html#post1239651

Zeebit

Sorry to go OT but...

Im just saying that it only takes about 5-10mA through your heart to kill you and 10Amps will certainly kill you if it contacts your right hand and left hand
No. You need several Kilovolts to allow lethal current to pass through your body.

Last edited:
Sorry to go OT but...

No. You need several Kilovolts to allow lethal current to pass through your body.

Its okay I dont mind, all I can say is that it never hurts to be too careful when dealing with electricity.:eek:

I disagree. It IS detrimental to be misinformed to the point of "being too careful." If you allow yourself to become afraid of every electrical source that is capable of 5mA or more, you would be living in the middle ages.

Reactions: ARG
I disagree. It IS detrimental to be misinformed to the point of "being too careful." If you allow yourself to become afraid of every electrical source that is capable of 5mA or more, you would be living in the middle ages.

Curiosity killed the cat mein Freunden.

Things

Was taken on a friends camera, he has a 40D. Settings were ISO400, f/4 and 5sec exposure.

Even my cat isn't afraid of 18650s. He respects them by not chewing on them (well, that's more me keeping them in a latched container), but he knows that he can sniff at them and not get electrocuted.

He doesn't ever sniff at wall outlets.

But seriously, whenever I hear someone say "It's the amps that kill you," I want to beat them in the head with Ohm's law. That, or a very heavy piece of electrical signal amplification equipment.

:horse:
I=V/R