Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

200mW of green for $125 shipped!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DTR

They take as long as they take. I have a green pen pointer that acts similarly. It runs 5-7mw until you play with it for a few minutes, then it'll *pop* to 27mw. It just depends on the crystals, and what temp they want to run at to get in the mode with the most power. From the pics i've seen of these particular lasers, the TEC just cools the diode, not temperature stabilize the crystal pair. But someone correct me if i'm wrong on that. I'm only going by pics after all.

Like I said before. These are cheap chinese lasers. That means they're made of the lowest cost parts the manufacturer could find. This doesn't always mean it's substandard quality, but it does guarantee it's not going to be of the highest quality though. My guess is these are sold as 150mw because this is a rare case of someone being honest, and going by the lowest common denominator, power wise, instead of the highest. Otherwise they'd be listed as 350mw lasers.

And there's pics of one opened in this thread:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/triangle-lights-150mw-532nm-tec-lab-laser-review-54447.html

Good deal that was what I was looking for. I have not had much experience with DPSS and thought the rise or fall would be more linear.

I did see those pictures. I guess I will tear it open when I get home. Maybe my pot just needs a little finesse to see 350-400mW.

I might get one of these to use in a scanner. If I want to use analog modulation, can I replace the existing driver with a flexmod?

wow glad i waited. i was looking at the ttl now it has analog that is great news.

Howie

Mine just arrived and there may be a problem. Forgive my stupid newbie question but the black and red wire on the back don't need to be connected to anything to run CW right?

I plugged it in and........nothing :(

Mine just arrived and there may be a problem. Forgive my stupid newbie question but the black and red wire on the back don't need to be connected to anything to run CW right?

I plugged it in and........nothing :(

This laser has a delay of about 5-7 seconds after you plug it in. At least mine does, I guess it's part of the "soft start" execution. Also I noticed that when unplugging, about every fifth or sixth time, the laser will discharge a brief flash within ten seconds of unplugging. I believe it is the capacitors of the driver discharging, but be careful because you may think it's off b/c it's unplugged but it may still let out a burst.:yh:

BTW....The black and red wire are for TTL modulation, you are correct, they are not needed for CW operation.

Last edited:

plexus

This laser has a delay of about 5-7 seconds after you plug it in. At least mine does, I guess it's part of the "soft start" execution.

yes, this is a safety feature that all lasers above a certain class must adopt which is a delayed start. it gives you time to ensure that the laser and everything in the beam is safe before it actually turns on.

Howie

I set everything in a cool room, about 70F, for a couple hours thinking maybe it was the 82 degree heat that was causing problems.

When I plug it in, there is the 5-7 second delay before the fans kick in but no visible output. I'll try it again when I get home this evening but I'm thinking I may have a lemon. :( If anyone else has any ideas what to check, I'm all ears.

If you have no output at all after 5-7 seconds I'd contact the seller. They should be willing to replace the unit for you..