Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

120mW 638nm for $10.99 on the ebay including other Powers. :eek:

flecom

whatever they are harvested out of is probably cheap... if they claim there are 16 diodes and they are selling them for $25/ea they are making $400 off whatever it is... so chances are its cheaper than that... or its filled with other stuff thats worth mega $$$?

mfo

Just FYI I ordered a whole batch of the 200mW 638's a few days ago.. And I have both a spectrometer AND a LPM... SO we'll see what I end up with.

My guess is they're typo'd 658's. Though the typo might have happened before this surplus reseller even got them.. Another possibility is that they are indeed 638's.. but they're large emitter 'flashlights' which will be useless to us. Or they could be some other diode all together. Nobody knows until people start getting theirs and testing them. I think the warning in the OP is a bit overzealous though. Maybe i'm just cynical, but to me it translates to 'Wait until I get mine and test them to give me a chance to try and buy out the seller first if they're legitimate and good'. People should be allowed to take chances if they damn well please. heh.

Wish I could rep you again, but I gotta wait a while.

I still demand answers for pinouts! Tell me or I will have everyone who posted in this thread banned!!!

You'll get your pinout answers when people actually start getting their diodes and testing them. Judging by the tracking and usual transit times from china, my 200's will be here in about a week, and the 500's probably the week after. Though hopefully pontiacg5 will have been convinced to test his by then.

mfo

You'll get your pinout answers when people actually start getting their diodes and testing them. Judging by the tracking and usual transit times from china, my 200's will be here in about a week, and the 500's probably the week after. Though hopefully pontiacg5 will have been convinced to test his by then.

I'm guessing these will have the same pinouts as the 638's typically have, which is the same as an 808. How do you feel about it?

Helios

Maybe we should start a bribe collection. We pool our offerings and then offer one of these sellers the combined total for the name of the product they are harvesting from.

I would gladly donate $5. If we get 15+ people it might be worth his/her while to take the free money and give up the info.

EDIT: of course we would not want them to know it is a collective bribe. Making it seem like its a bribe from an individual would be a much better idea.

Last edited:
Got my Diodes in today. Well 2 out of the 4 i order.:wave:

I got my 120mW & 100mW 638nm? in.:)

The 120mW one has something glued to the front of it and the 100mW one looks like a regular diode nothing glued to it.

I have to feed the dog really quick then ill take some picture of the diodes for all of you. There are also Numbers on the side of the cans of the diode that might shin some light on what diodes these are. Also the Pins are short on them almost as short as a 405nm 6x GGW pins are.:)

Iam happy. :D

Iam going to test them after the pictures.:)

Like i said i only have a LPM, So iam going to send a diode over to Cyparagon tomorrow so he can test everything else. I just want to confirm if they look anything ~635nm and Push it to half to what the diode is rated at. So if it says its a 100mW diode i will keep pushing it up until ~50mW as i dont have tools to tell me that it has peaked and turning the currant up wont increase power anymore.

So if you guys have anything you want me to do Let me know.:beer:

Picutres will be up shortly.;)

:thanks:

Last edited:

Fenzir

Take side by side pictures of a 660 and these new diodes at near the same mw if possible.

OK Guys Here are the Pictures.:)

First will be the 120mW Diode.

There is a code number on the Can Witch is - "L8H34AH" <<< Cant find anything on it. You guys might have better luck.:)

120mW 638nm? Pictures:

P7210107.jpg

P7210093.jpg

P7210108.jpg

P7210110.jpg

Now for the 100mW 638nm? diode.

The Code number on the Can of the diode is - "L8Y437L" <<< Also Cant find anything on it.

100mW 638nm? Pictures:

P7210096.jpg

P7210097.jpg

P7210100.jpg

P7210101.jpg

Now for both of them Side by Side. Note: the one with the Lens glass Glued to the front is the 120mW diode.

P7210113.jpg

P7210112.jpg

P7210114.jpg

P7210122.jpg

Opinions.? I know its just a diode.:)

I will be setting up to test one of the 2 diodes right now. I will keep you guys posted.

Last edited:
Reactions: mfo

benmwv

Are you going to leave the glass thing on it?

Having any extra lens for the light to pass through will decrease output, but it may have some function that I cant tell from the pics.

Fenzir

Been searching for devices that may have these.
This thing looks cool. Too bad it is probably out of our price range.:evil:
http://www.partec.com/cms/upload/CyFlowML.pdf

Interesting that that shows 561 and 638, two colors that seem newish around here.

Also my computer only loaded a couple of pages and says some have errors, how much was the price?

Although I did find this

LIGHT SOURCES
_ up to 5/3 light sources
_ blue solid state laser: 200 mW@488 nm
_ red diode laser: 40 mW@635 nm
_ violet diode laser: 100 mW@407 nm
_ green DPSS laser 30/100 mW@532 nm
_ yellow solid state laser 100 mW@561 nm
_ UV LED 365 nm
or ultra-violet diode laser 16 mW@375 nm
_ other laser power and laser wavelengths
available

Interesting about the 635nm and 40mw, seeing that's what the sanyos were.

Last edited:
Are you going to leave the glass thing on it?

Having any extra lens for the light to pass through will decrease output, but it may have some function that I cant tell from the pics.

Iam not testing the 120mW. Iam going to test the 100mW one witch doesn't have it.

Well Not for no iam not going to test the 120mW one.