Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1 watt 447nm Laser Pointers from Dragonlasers Now Available

Moptsp

Man, all these new lasers are putting me in pain. I can't keep spendin' money. :( lol

Asa

Why don't you include the proper safety glasses with the purchase? It'd be a really nice feature, and I'm sure it'll shed positive light on the Dragonlasers company seeing as you care about your customers (I'm sure many people buying this laser already have the right glasses, but I'd doubt anyone would complain about another pair).

Why don't you include the proper safety glasses with the purchase? It'd be a really nice feature, and I'm sure it'll shed positive light on the Dragonlasers company seeing as you care about your customers (I'm sure many people buying this laser already have the right glasses, but I'd doubt anyone would complain about another pair).

Because proper (certified) goggles are expensive.
Shipping out a bunch of orders (with a small profit) with ~$80 worth of free stuff is a good way to go out of business.
If you value your eyesight you will spend the money to protect it.

I ordered one the day it was available, but as the OP stated, these lasers are in the testing lab right now, and I guess that means they are not in production.

considering the CNI prices, the spartan is a great price even without glasses.

You can say cni has better quality all you want, but if these dont have fac then wicked is better, we can clearly see from their un-collaminated facebook pages that they have corrected the fast axis in to a near perfect square, which when collaminated should give pretty much as perfect of a beam as you can expect to get from a multi-mode.

You can say cni has better quality all you want, but if these dont have fac then wicked is better, we can clearly see from their un-collaminated facebook pages that they have corrected the fast axis in to a near perfect square, which when collaminated should give pretty much as perfect of a beam as you can expect to get from a multi-mode.

An FAC would be useless on a canned diode, you would have no way to get it to butt up against the die. CNI includes correction optics in the <600mW models. The 400mW Spartan from Dragon Lasers has correction optics.

DJNY

An FAC would be useless on a canned diode, you would have no way to get it to butt up against the die. CNI includes correction optics in the <600mW models. The 400mW Spartan from Dragon Lasers has correction optics.

Without correction optics, these diodes have a rectiangel beam (like Dragonlasers 1W version), but the 1W CNI PGL-III-C has an elliptical beam.

Without correction optics, these diodes have a rectiangel beam (like Dragonlasers 1W version), but the 1W CNI PGL-III-C has an elliptical beam.

Maybe that's the reason why this one can't build a inside shutter. Because the correcting optice take out the space.

Last edited:
I just ask CNI about the correction optics. They say those 1W laser have correction optics.