Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1.7/1.9W 2d MAG(DTR's build, my mini review)

jakeGT

Jayrob 2d Mag Kit, Built by DTR
Jayrobs sale thread- http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/f...exmodp3-side-button-forward-clicky-57278.html

DTR's thread- http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/1-9w-jayrob-2d-mag-host-58470.html#post826541
Okay so I bought the 2d mag 1.7/1.9W 445 from DTR 5-6 days ago. I'm sure everyone or most people at least have read his review/ tutorial on it already. This is just my review of DTR/the buying experience/ laser.

Okay so here goes, this is my second review so bare with me.

I have been chatting with DTR about his Jayrob 2d mag host 1.7/1.9W 445 build for a few weeks. Ever since i saw it, I WANTED IT, AND I WANTED IT BAD.

SO, i PM'ed him and asked him a couple of questions about it. He responded very quickly and very thoroughly to every question. I asked him if i could pay half now, half in a week to reserve it and he could ship it out when I payed in full because I asked him what all lasers he had up for sale at the moment. When he said yes that'd be fine I hopped out of my chair. I was happy kid.

So a few days later I sold my 1W 445, and had the money. I pm'ed him that night and sent him the paypal payment, and next day it was in the mail and I had a tracking number!!!

4-5 days later it was at my house when i got off of work that morning!:D:D:D

I open the big 'ol box and saw bubble wrap. Lots and Lots of bubble wrap. I wondered is this laser in here? After unwrapping about ten foot of green bubble wrap I found my purple punisher!(Trying to find better name, If anyone has suggestions, greatly appreciated). I pop the batteries in and hit the clicky:eg:

BOOM!!! BIG BLUE LIGHT COME FROM LASER. ME LIKE.
I grab my goggles, put 'em on and grabbed the old CD case. I turn it on and definitely less than 2 seconds later there is a little dot on the other side of the cd case smoking my wall. I didn't even have time to focus it completely to 2' burning the smoke instantly appeared from the cd case and then bam its on the other side.

Before I do pictures I just want to say that DTR's lasers, services, customer communication, and build quality is TOP NOTCH. I love my laser, and am 1000% happy with the whole deal and transaction. DTR is a very good seller,communicator, and doesn't down you for dumb questions or for being a "noob". He is a good guy and a great laserist.

Thank you very much once again DTR.

Heres pics. Note I did not get a charger from DTR, i bought that from lighthound and this charger will charge just about any type of battery you will ever need for this hobby. It is the UltraFire WF-188. He did give me the 32600 batteries with the laser tho.

Host-
101_2032.jpg

I put the permanent marker marks on the heatsink/module for a focused position.

101_2031.jpg

101_2033.jpg

Now I know if you've seen a 1W+ beamshot you've seen em all, but I love 'em and I like taking pics.

101_2028.jpg

101_2026.jpg

101_2025.jpg

101_2022.jpg

101_2021.jpg

101_2007.jpg

101_2029.jpg

Thanks for looking, and once again it's just my second review so I hope it was alright! and thanks DTR for everything.

Peace,
-jakeGT

Last edited:

DTR

Glad you like it. Now quite burning holes in you moms antiques.:p

Glad you like it. Now quit burning holes in you moms antiques.:p

That's what I was thinking! Better be very careful indoors. Don't want to end up with holes or burn marks in all your furniture. Defocus the spot when shining indoors.

jakeGT

too late for the antique desk... but the future looks bright for the rest of the furniture!

i think i want a 2+ watt 445nm ...... I have Yob's 1-watt but i'm curious to see what doubling/tripling/quadrupling that power would look like ...

jakeGT

I had that exact laser, and I loved it! It was a kickass laser too! But i sold it too upgrade! and this one peaks at 1983mW with a g-1 lens and around 1750mW with standard aixiz.

In bright daylight it isn't EXTREMELY noticeable, but you can still tell. At night or in any slight darkness it is like a whole new ball game my friend. And burning abilities. way different. I accidentally burned a 1/4 inch hole in my moms antique desk trying to focus it for pictures from 8 ft. away.
my yob 1W could burn through cd cases but this one does it in literally 1 second, maybe one and a half TOPS. the burning power is incredible, just amazing. and at night it is like your yobresal lightsaber on freakin steroids.
I love it so much.

The only way to know is to try it! as for trippling and quadrupling power, i think we will just have to wait, but like i said doubling it is amazing. Just like the first time i saw my original 1W. same feeling!

well im sure of one thing, that 3x/4x that power would burn everything it beamed so, itd be a bit of a fire hazard in the wrong hands !!!

i think yob. is doing good things and i like his enthusiasm for lasering but im not a big fan of that 'host' / housing that the 1-watt is in ... it's too small for my hands and i dont care for the "rear clicky" .... i rather have a side-mounted/placed button / switch ...
i like the idea of a mag-lite sized housing like that one you reviewed ... more ergo-nomical that way ...

jakeGT

this one is already a bit of a fire hazard in the wrong hands!

DJNY

I can see that you had a lot of fun making these pictures.

Good job on this review.

You earned the +1 ;)

jakeGT

i had a blast, and i have a blast taking pics every day and lasing with it every time

thanks for the +rep also DJNY!

Are those brown laser spots on the blinds? Looks like your room is a warzone!

D

Delorean Geek

Just curious, what driver and setting are you using? I'm getting the same kit from Jayrob. Setting the P3 Driver at 1.7A and using his 405 G-1 lens, I would expect around 1.6W or better output, but I don't have a meter.

jakeGT

The laser is set at 1.8A on the p3 and 1.75W max with 405/455 aixiz glass and 1983mW max with 405-g-1 lens per dtrs lpm tests

Last edited:
D

Delorean Geek

Awesome....I just may be touching 1.8W when I get her done.