Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Your thoughts on the iPad Pro

Android is absolute garbage. There's a reason loads of android users burn through three different samsungs and then concede and buy an iPhone. I've literally lost count of the amount of people who could have actually saved money in the beginning by just going apple, including myself. The principle isn't worlds apart for PCs and Mac either, although Windows is very good these days as long as you're not a total idiot.

It doesn't get much better in my view than iOS jail broken. My iPad mini 1 now has a variety of features only reserved for the top end iPads for free and it's still streets ahead of android, stinking awful thing.

As for the iPad pro, I'm not sure I would buy, as a slightly older jail broken iPad may be enough.

How would I have saved money if I started with an Iphone? Ive gone through 4 apple devices (3 of which are phones) and ive gone through 5 android devices.

Have you extensively used both sides? Have you jailbroken the latest ios versions (excluding 9) and use those mods on a daily basis? Have you installed custom os's/kernels/recoveries on android to customize it to what YOU want?

If you haven't done all of these things on both platforms then you are in no position to judge. I do think apple devices are alot prettier than android devices (excluding galaxy s6). I completely respect your opinion but for me, Android is the way to go!

I didn't realize this was just going to be a continuation of the Apple circlejerk... No matter what the fanboys say, Apple products are overpriced and underspec. But I guess if you slap a pretty[simple] enough UI on it, people will bow down.

I didn't realize this was just going to be a continuation of the Apple circlejerk... No matter what the fanboys say, Apple products are overpriced and underspec. But I guess if you slap a pretty[simple] enough UI on it, people will bow down.

I 100% agree :)

Last edited:

gozert

Not gonna argue about this shit anymore. Just posted my experiences with them so far.

I haven't watched the demonstration but I've never personally been a fan of tablets. My sister has an iPad and it isn't something I find myself jealous at her for. I have a laptop and find it just fine for what I need!

iPad might be better in a business or company setting due to easier portability and the sleeker, more elegant look then some laptops along with the tons of app's which come with it.

I have an iPhone 5C but plan on getting an iPhone 6 64GB since I'm running out of room on this one due to the tons of pictures I like to take :)

-Alex

I haven't watched the demonstration but I've never personally been a fan of tablets. My sister has an iPad and it isn't something I find myself jealous at her for. I have a laptop and find it just fine for what I need!

iPad might be better in a business or company setting due to easier portability and the sleeker, more elegant look then some laptops along with the tons of app's which come with it.

I have an iPhone 5C but plan on getting an iPhone 6 64GB since I'm running out of room on this one due to the tons of pictures I like to take :)

-Alex

Yes the easier portability and ease of use is a big thing, right now I am holding my iPad in one hand and typing with the other, I can't do that with my laptop. I do like my android phone and my windows laptop, they all have their uses.

Why are you running out of space on that iPhone from photos? You do know you can move them to your laptop and on to somewhere else too if you want.

Alan

Not really a fan of the tablet form factor. At home and at work I use a PC. If I'm traveling I need my laptop for work. For everything else my now quite old samsung galaxy s5 is still quite adequate.

Really only place I can see using a tablet, iPad or one of the other variants on a regular basis, is on the :toilet:

Haven't really had any issues with Android over Apple, though due to the restrictive nature of apple, I prefer android... My general observation is people don't take care of the OS and it doesn't matter what they use, mac, iphone, windows, etc., if you install 100+ apps over 1-2 years, let them all run on startup, and eat resources in the background... yeah things are going to come to crawl, no matter what you're using or how fancy your phone/pc is to begin with.

gozert

I could....but I like having my photos all on my phone :D

-Alex

I believe you get 5GB of free storage on iCloud and you can buy more for a few bucks a month. Probably better to spend some money on cloud storage than buying a new 700$ phone.

I believe you get 5GB of free storage on iCloud and you can buy more for a few bucks a month. Probably better to spend some money on cloud storage than buying a new 700$ phone.

Just make sure you use the option to only sync over wifi, or you'll easily use up your data.

ARG

It's not for me, too expensive for the function it performs. I bought a Surface Pro 3 when it came out, at the same price as the iPad pro now.

I bought it to take notes because I was carrying around a few kilos of paper notes, and that needed to stop. The ability to run x86 desktop applications was another main selling point for me, there's enough processing power in the surface to run all but the most demanding programs I need for school.

Why anyone would pay the same for less power and versatility is beyond me.

Last edited:
Be sure to back them up anyway so you don't loose them.

Alan

I should, just really lazy :D

Yes! I tried setting it up once but never managed to figure it out so I just let it be and deleted some old photos which were only taking up space.

-Alex

If people want it they'll buy it. But really for me its more practical just to take my MacBook with me. Its only slightly bigger, heavier, but it has way more power under the hood.

gozert

Yeah it's not worth getting if you already own a macbook. For me getting a macbook over the iPad is not worth it because they're even more expensive.