Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Your IQ?

Your IQ?

• 121+

Votes: 47 61.0%
  • 111-120

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 101-110

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • 91-100

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • 80-90

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 79-

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grix

Though this would be interesting. If you do not know your IQ, you can try this test:
IQtest.dk

Last edited:

Asherz

I thought I was 111-120, but I just scored 122 in the test, dammit 2 marks of joining their group thing :(

I must ask though, since I'm fairly young obviously someone older is going to score higher on things like the facts section, since over time you generally pick up on things like that.

Nice idea for a poll :)

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Haha darn, I was way off lol Here is my readout:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 953

jaycey

IQ is no substitute for Wisdom...so I keep telling myself:whistle:

I don't have a good opinion of these kinds of tests. I've known people that "CLAIMED" they had near genius I Q's but they didn't have an once of common sense. Book learning will take you only so far in this world, but you have to have an equal amount of "common" sense to balance out your intelligence. It doesn't matter if you're a mechanical engineer, if you don't know how to change a flat tire, you're on foot pal. rob

mfo

I don't have a good opinion of these kinds of tests. I've known people that "CLAIMED" they had near genius I Q's but they didn't have an once of common sense. Book learning will take you only so far in this world, but you have to have an equal amount of "common" sense to balance out your intelligence. It doesn't matter if you're a mechanical engineer, if you don't know how to change a flat tire, you're on foot pal. rob

Well said, I agree 100%.

Jaseth

Most IQ tests only test the part of your intelligence related to problem solving and abstract thought. While people we would think of as "highly intelligent" in the everyday term usually also have quite a high IQ, a high IQ score alone does not necessarily guarantee any superiority in general thinking capability.
Some people sporting a "genius" level IQ may be almost unable to string together a sentence or have basic interactions with another human being while some people with an average to low average may be exceptionally fast learners or have a similar trait linked to intellectual success.

I have always scored pretty high on these kinds of tests, but there are still many people with lower scores than me who I would consider to be more intelligent than myself. I just see patterns very easily.

Seb

EDIT: I think the test is bull.. I tried clicking random answers 3 times in a row (I usually do this to determine whether an IQ test is bogus) and I got 96, 108 and 98. I am not even going to try to do it seriously.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8382

I recommend this one:

IQtest.dk

However, as you gave me this one, here's my result.

sinttuloqr.jpg

I'm however member of Mensa Spain, scored above 98%, which means somewhere between 133 and 137, and that was a real test. If you're interested in converting between IQ scales:

Estimated IQs of the Greatest Geniuses

Regarding what's being said, look at the IQ as the CV of a car. Will that car go always faster than another one? It all depends on who drives it, apart from many other factors.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was fun even if it isn't a real test, I scored 114.......

Thanks GRIX posting posting this ;)

I hope my result speaks for itself...

25653d1266450145-your-iq-1250.png

(*10^-1)

This was with me rushing several sections, I've scored higher before, especially on NVR. Aren't some of those sections culturally biased though?

Attachments

• 1250.PNG
    1250.PNG
    71.6 KB · Views: 602
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8382

exactly, take the one I posted, it's fair and unbiased. The test I did to join Mensa was like that one.

roosl

Yes, and many other good points above. "Book learning" has nothing to do with IQ. Idiot savants have a high measurable IQ, but have trouble communicating or interacting in society. Holders of degrees often have proved only that they paid an institution to teach them what the institution decided they should know, and have a piece of paper to prove it. I've known many with no common sense and obviously low to average IQ.

This is especially dumb as an online "game", and one could get different results from one day to the next, depending on your "mood".

Professionals in the right setting, testing several times over a period of time, result in a better mean.

More important, results which may not be accurate may cause people problems. Even a professional knows that if you tell a school kid he has a low IQ, he'll give up, thinking "what's the point? I'm just stupid." If you tell him he has a high IQ, he'll stop trying, thinking "what's the point? I'm smarter than everyone else."

Finally, who on this forum will truthfully post anything lower than average?

I'm however member of Mensa Spain..
Way to go Albert. My Dad was the founder of Memphis Mensa. Those meetings were sometimes fun, but also attended by some very drab arrogant guys. I remember one guy stood up to speak, and said, "Joe Smith, 143" (or whatever it was). My Dad laughed and said, "Funny, you don't look a day over 35."

:D

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Unbelievable! So far I am the worst here? :eek: I was always hopeless at those 'find the next object in this pattern' things though, so I am not really surprised. lol

Jaseth

Simon, the result you got was meaningless. As posted above, I tried inputting random answer and each time got a higher score than you. I somehow doubt that a monkey pressing random answer would have a higher IQ score than you on any real test. Try taking the test Hallucynogenyc posted, that is from a Danish website (but available in several languages) and has given much more believable answers.

Seb

Status
Not open for further replies.