Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Your E-Cig Recommendations

Hi, all. The SO and I have decided it's time to put down the cigarettes and give the E-cigs a chance to wean off of completely.

With so many brands, really cheap (scary) convenience store options, etc, it's kind of like picking your first WL! :crackup:

Now, I'm not going to go find an E-cig forum..just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with them or recommendations.

Thank you in advance.

I've got the Zmax, cost me $99, but works great, programmable, with display and runs off 18650 batteries.

Last edited:
SmokTech ZMAX - the host and driver (dunno what else to call them lol)
you also need atomizers - http://www.vaporkings.com/SmokTech-XL-1-7-Ohm-SINGLE-COIL-cartomizers-p/smoktech-xl-1.7.htm

also need driptip (mouthpiece) http://www.vaporkings.com/Silicone-rubber-510-808-901-driptips-p/driptip-silicone.htm - get rubber so it won't break....

A tank to hold the e-liquid - http://www.vaporkings.com/Smoktech-LARGE-ULTIMATE-Dual-Coil-Tank-DCT-p/udct-large.htm

and then just pick out some liquid...i personally go with unflavored.
I did some kind of menthol stuff and it KILLED my lungs.....

Last edited:
I tried Blu, got the $60 set with charger and extra cartridges. Word of warning, it's not very satisfying and personally went back to smoking outside. Has worked for other people I know, but not for me.

~ LB

I used to buy the little candy ones.... and when you're done
sucking on them you can eat them...:D

Jerry

Last edited:
Personally, Joye Tech, Variable Voltage (3.2V-4.8V)
Hits like a hookah.
Blue sucks.

Word of warning, e-cigs can put you in much more deep hole *raises hand*
You can over do your nic intake due to the fact of being able to hit it ALL THE TIME,
thus becoming more addicted to the nicotine.
And it can taste SOOO SOO good.

There's Pros and Cons with e-cigs

Check out this website: www.americaneliquidstore.com
This is where i go to get my good stuff.

Last edited:
I've bought many different concentration, and mixed them to create about 5 or 6 different steps to decrease my nicotine intake over time...
it's still hard to avoid cigarettes....when you wake up, nothing beats a real cigarette to "refill"

I think Kartracer's suggestions might work out better than Svengali :rolleyes:

Honestly it does alleviate the need and urges a bit and it's convenient. I do have a Joytech vape pen and the e-cigs might work better than Blu. Might just be me.

~ LB

Laugh all you want. I once quit for a couple of years, and only started again when I was mad during my divorce, rather than weakness. I considered it a success, overall. It was worthwhile at $100, as it saved me far more than that.

If it worked for you already, that's cool. No disrespect. I didn't realize it was something that already worked for you in the past. It just didn't work for some others I know that tried it, but they perhaps didn't want to really quit. Personally I'm just not ready to quit.

~ LB

MrBenH

I happened to have owned an electric cigarette company for quite a few years If you looking for is to traditional sized cigarette that does the job well you should get something called the 510 It is Also referred to as model number DSE 901 now every company that Carries this particular style put their own name on them but these are the basic model numbers There about the same size of a traditional cigarette some of them are Manual pushbutton activated which I prefer some of them are Automatic and activated on the draw which are not as reliable If you're really serious about it I would highly suggest a variable voltage device Which come with many options my particular model is called the Tesla it looks more like a doctor whose electric screwdriver It uses an 18650 rechargeable lithium-ion battery It is constructed out of polished chrome aircraft grade aluminum it has venting holes in the event of a thermal meltdown for advanced Features it has an Lcd display Which allows me to check the resistance of the attached atomizer in Ohms, The device also protects itself if the batteries put in backwards or if the atomizers resistance is not up to par for a safe draw in current and it will disengage automatically The best features of the device is you can choose whether you want to draw voltage or Watts and you get to select between Your output of 3.0 -6.0 v in 0.1 Increments or 3.0- 15.0 W in 0.5W Increments One of the best quality stores but pricey is totally wicked e-cigarette and totally wicked e- liquid They are based in the UK as well as in the USA If you're looking for a good China distributor that's trustworthy I use best Ecig.com And with the China company never take their sticker price send them an email talk to them they will always send you a PDF file of the discounted price list usually somewhere between 25 to 50% of the actual sticker price. Oh yeah and I'm tearing down my first DVD+R DL LIGHTscribe player for for my first build ever if you have any advice it would be helpful I JUST HAD 2 405nm 5 Mw 301 Violet LASERS And 445nm 5 mw Green laser die on me in two days I purchase them through AAA Accessories on Amazon I had the green for a couple of months but I had the blues for only less than a week

Thanks, Ben. But, it was exactly this kind of complication I was trying to avoid. I just want something easy and somewhat satisfying.

I am too busy, right now, to be bothered deciphering the vast amount of info regarding E-Cigs.

As far as your lasers go, stop buying crap online, and buy from the veterans on the forum.
Read my diode thread to avoid killing yours. Be sure to FOLLOW your lasers' duty cycles!

Read up on the threads on the forum that are related to your diode. Use the search bar. If you have any questions, post them in your build thread.

Good luck.

The best vapor pen is a G Pen, it will burn anything you put in it :) It has a huge chamber and dual wicks...
Grenco Science | G Pen Personal Vaporizer

Shop around and find your own liquids... Or, make your own Honey Oil :)

Edit: I did quit smoking for 4 months using the Blu Cigs... Newport bought Blu... But, when I drink nothing beats the real thing...

Last edited:

DTR

Got a some Ego Twists, a Provari, a Zmax and a SVD. The SVD iClear 30 tanks are awesome.

The first day I got my first mod was the last day I smoked a cigarette which was about 2 months ago. Never felt better.

My personal favorite flavors are:

Cina-bun by High Caliber
Moca Java Smooth by Heathers Heavanly Vapes
Bluberry Muffin by Heathers Heavinly Vapes
Gingerbread by Alt-Cig
Strawberry by High Caliber
Blue-Rasberry by High Caliber
Legend for tobacco flavor by Heathers Heavenly Vapes.

2mc9.jpg

p1010197sd.jpg

smem.jpg

Last edited: