Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Youngest vet here?

No need to "rush" your way in........
Hah! True, I don't think I'm having much of an issue, member since December 2007...with only 100ish posts!? hwhhaaaa??? I'm sure some people are confused when they see such an "old" member since with such a low post count...At my current technical post rate it will take me 7000+ days to reach vet! I define not rushing it hehe ;)

daguin

I'm 15 as of last month, so I'm like 4th place. I think jamilm wins.
grin.gif
And what about Artix? I'm pretty sure he's 13 now.

IIRC, Artix was 12 in 2008.

Peace,
dave

The "veteran" term bothers me a bit. There's only two people in this thread who have been around longer than me.

Meh, if I was really concerned about it I guess I could have post-whored in off topic. LOL I've had five digit post counts on car forums before :p

daguin

The "veteran" term bothers me a bit. There's only two people in this thread who have been around longer than me.

Meh, if I was really concerned about it I guess I could have post-whored in off topic. LOL I've had five digit post counts on car forums before :p

The "term" is c0ld's. That's what he called people with over 1K posts.

Peace,
dave

I have a lot of my posts in B,S &T, so I guess I could be demoted from vet status? n/p ;) -Glenn

HIMNL9

Hey, i'm almost 48 .....

:umbrella: I won the game, i won the game ..... :na: :friend:

..... or not ? :thinking: ..... *reading older posts*

..... oops :eek: ..... it was the youngster, not the oldest ..... sorry, it's the age, you know ..... nevermind :p :D

(j/k)

All over achievers:) Oh... I think the term Vet goes to some heads and linking the term to post counts is probably not the right thing to do. The number of builds and other factors such as a pre-set of "milestones" is what in IMHO set apart a true VET.

They know who they are and command respect on this fine forum.:) The amount of attention they give here and the knowledge forwarded is what keeps me around.:thanks:

Asherz

All over achievers:) Oh... I think the term Vet goes to some heads and linking the term to post counts is probably not the right thing to do. The number of builds and other factors such as a pre-set of "milestones" is what in IMHO set apart a true VET.

They know who they are and command respect on this fine forum.:) The amount of attention they give here and the knowledge forwarded is what keeps me around.:thanks:

Well said, I have over 1000 posts but would not consider my self a vet in lasers.

I have some knowledge but no where near as much build experience as some of the other members around here.

Well said, I have over 1000 posts but would not consider my self a vet in lasers.

I have some knowledge but no where near as much build experience as some of the other members around here.
Same here.
Excuse the lack of modesty, but I think I know a lot on diode lasers and accompanying drivers,
but I don't know anything about gas lasers and their PSUs, which is fundation of this hobby.

daguin

Same here.
Excuse the lack of modesty, but I think I know a lot on diode lasers and accompanying drivers,
but I don't know anything about gas lasers and their PSUs, which is fundation of this hobby.

Remember, the term "Veteran" here only refers to the number of posts. While it is true that BS'ers rarely survive to 1K posts (there have been exceptions), by the time one gets to 1K, we are pretty sure of your personality and willingness to help others (and time available ;) ).

There are veterans who have never built a thing. However, they contribute to the forum in other ways. There are others that are VERY knowledgeable and even integral in our portion of the hobby that do not have 1K posts.

Veteran here refers to involvement in the forum NOT knowledge or service.

The Veteran's board also used to be a secret (hidden from non-members) so these discussions never came up before

Peace,
dave

Last edited:
Remember, the term "Veteran" here only refers to the number of posts. While it is true that BS'ers rarely survive to 1K posts (there have been exceptions), by the time one gets to 1K, we are pretty sure of your personality and willingness to help others (and time available ;) ).

There are veterans who have never built a thing. However, they contribute to the forum in other ways. There are others that are VERY knowledgeable and even integral in our portion of the hobby that do not have 1K posts.

Veteran here refers to involvement in the forum NOT knowledge or service.

The Veteran's board also used to be a secret (hidden from non-members) so these discussions never came up before

Peace,
dave
Darkarmyofone ?

Who namely? Sounds very weird...

Billg519. Not a question, a rock solid statement this is!

Veterans section is really kind of... dead.
I like to hang out here where I can be of help to others, there I cannot.

We can see here how different views on 'Veteran' exist.
It is not simply a person with 1k posts, it is someone who knows their stuff.
As a general rule (one with 1k posts knows stuff), it is also susceptable to exeptions, like any other rule. Hence the split opinion on vets.

daguin

zaery

There's also some people who aren't technically vets, but really should be. Namely: Dr Laser and roosl, and prolly some others I'm forgetting.

daguin

There's also some people who aren't technically vets, but really should be. Namely: Dr Laser and roosl, and prolly some others I'm forgetting.

A few members (like drlava) have been invited in before they reach 1K posts. This, however, is not the norm.

Peace,
dave

Yes! This is a well articulated version of the thought that I was attempting to convey!

At the same time, it does seem though that a lot of the folks who fit into that category also have a butt load of posts.

edit- I don't think that I deserve to be a vet, I'm just clarifying. Some lurkers do though.