Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Yobresal

Wow, this thread... Wow...

Some people shouldn't be allowed online, get the idea?

I hope this won't end up damaging Yob's reputation, as unluckily, this thread will be high up in google search results if someone wonders about scams...

Yep, and u know how ALOT of ppl just read like the first page or 2 ...

@yob, u sent out another one??, why? when? could he have recieved this second one by now? or did he recieve the first one, ill be damned if he recieves 2 lasers after beeing such a douche

jakeGT

IIRC shipping with insurance is around $12? At least it was the last time I shipped stuff with insurance, and put the value at $200.

Just lower the base price of your lasers (although I think they are priced well as it is) and add +shipping, Conus, and set amount for whatever it costs to insure for $200.

Insurance depends. On priority flat rate shipping in the us my Rigel 2 from zlancerman was $4.75 extra for $265 worth of insurance. The more insurance the more it cost

Insurance depends. On priority flat rate shipping in the us my Rigel 2 from zlancerman was $4.75 extra for $265 worth of insurance. The more insurance the more it cost

Yup, you're right, but just working from memory I remember it being not very expensive. After Yobresal's problems on future sales I'm definitely going to ask people to pay for insurance, if they insist on not doing it, their problem if it gets lost.

Yup, you're right, but just working from memory I remember it being not very expensive. After Yobresal's problems on future sales I'm definitely going to ask people to pay for insurance, if they insist on not doing it, their problem if it gets lost.

not if you go through paypaly shipping. it is still sellers responsibility.

DTR

Also remember they will not just pay what you put as the insured amount. You will need to produce receipts for the cost of the item. I luckily have only had to do one insurance claim so far but they made me produce a receipt.:beer:

Also remember they will not just pay what you put as the insured amount. You will need to produce receipts for the cost of the item. I luckily have only had to do one insurance claim so far but they made me produce a receipt.:beer:

Would a sales receipt suffice? Like for example in this case, would Yobresal have been able to use the payment history from paypal as proof of the value of the package?

DTR

Would a sales receipt suffice? Like for example in this case, would Yobresal have been able to use the payment history from paypal as proof of the value of the package?

They did accept my ebay transaction after a lot back and forth. I had to show them both the item listing and the transaction details receipt. Because it had a very detailed description of the item they did finally pay for just the item not the shipping and I got my check in a swift 8 weeks.:rolleyes:

I am not sure if just a paypal transaction alone would work. I would say make sure it is a goods payment with a clearly defined item description in it. Also mine was not a laser pointer so I am not sure if that would cause any issues.:thinking:

Last edited:
I am not sure if just a paypal transaction alone would work. I would say make sure it is a goods payment with a clearly defined item description in it. Also mine was not a laser pointer so I am not sure if that would cause any issues.:thinking:

Well, unless it's someone I know personally I only send money as goods, although I've sent as gift a couple of times to people I know and trusts.

I read your thread on sending money as gifts btw, very interesting stuff:beer:

Hopefully printing out the sale thread, together with the paypal transaction receipt would be enough.

Kind of ridiculous that you have to prove value after already paying for insurance imho:undecided:

Edit: Did they give you any reason for not refunding the shipping?

Last edited:

mfo

That's ridiculous.

DTR

Yea it sucked and was a major hassle.:mad:

Last edited:

mfo

Yea it sucked and was a major hassle.:mad:

And if you can't provide a receipt, then what? Or, what if it's a custom host made by Ehgemus valued @ $100, how would you prove that?

DTR

Apparently then nothing. They said it was like insuring something in your home. After a robbery they will not just take your word that you had a Picasso hanging on the wall. They will require proof that you owned said items and proof of their costs.