Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Yobresal 1+ watt 445 with mirrors

timdp

Goggles finally arrived! Yobresal 1+ watt 445 in the bathroom with facing mirrors.

The mirror on the right is facing another mirror behind the camera for the infinite mirror thing. Five bounces in this photo.

BR1.jpg

Six bounces repeated to infinity in the next two photos. Was afraid to take the goggles off to see it in its full glory - way too many reflections.

BR2.jpg

BR3.jpg

Last edited:

Looks crazy. First time I fired up my 1W 445, I was like "0h my J33bU$" then I realized i didn't need goggles as long as I wasn't a dumb ass.

Be safe. And if you are a dumbass, wear goggles. Especially around those mirrors. And be careful not to ruin your cam.

crazy photos. maybe some green tint to make the photo happier.. :p
be careful with the ccd, timdp, and always wear goggles in any conditions.

Rafa

Lolz omg!
Great photos! +1!

Be careful with that, it's dangerous even with goggles.

timdp

Lolz omg!
Great photos! +1!

Be careful with that, it's dangerous even with goggles.

I did opt for the OD 7 glasses. (LSG-532-NF-7, OD 7 + @ 190-532nm, UV, VLT 48%, Suitable for blue and green lasers: 190-532nm above 500mW)
Can only see a small red dot when wearing them (can't see the beam at all).

crazy photos. maybe some green tint to make the photo happier.. :p
be careful with the ccd, timdp, and always wear goggles in any conditions.

Will try it again adding some red and/or green lasers.

Tim

DJNY

This are awesome pics man. Would be great if you´re able to add red+green too.

I´m looking forward to New Year's Eve :bday:

Wow, this thread got me -repped to 0 :/

I don't know what I said wrong. I advised wearing goggles and be safe with the cam.

I was told "I don't know anything about lasers" Well ok? Seriously if you want me to post about every little project I have done and make a sig way too big, lemme know.

I don't know what I said wrong. I advised wearing goggles and be safe with the cam.

I was told "I don't know anything about lasers" Well ok? Seriously if you want me to post about every little project I have done and make a sig way too big, lemme know.

THIS

then I realized i didn't need goggles as long as I wasn't a dumb ass.

Is what got you to back into the red.

Ever heard of the blue light occular hazard? You don't need to be to be hit by a specular reflection to be affected.

wow those mirror pics make my eyes hurt !
I got my Yob.445 yesterday and had fun beaming it through my 55-gallon aquarium ... the water really accentuates the beam density or seems like it does, anyway ...

THIS

Is what got you to back into the red.

Ever heard of the blue light occular hazard? You don't need to be to be hit by a specular reflection to be affected.

Did I ever say point the lasers on the wall, and get really close? No. Being a dumbass includes things that a dumbass would do, such as that. Pointing the beam outside doesn't require goggles. That's what I was getting at. I specifically told him to wear goggles when playing with mirrors. If you are smart an cautious, you don't NEED goggles. People will advise them but you don't NEED them. If everyone wore goggles all the time, we wouldn't know what color the beam was.

Last edited:

Its not whats lacking in your signature, its whats lacking in the content of your post. Namely safety

No information is more valuable than misinformation.

Last edited:
How did I misinform anyone?

I realized i didn't need goggles as long as I wasn't a dumb ass.

I suppose you dont wear a seatbelt because you dont plan on crashing your car :na:

No one advises you wear safety glasses because they expect your going to look down the lens and turn the thing on or because your going to wield the laser around wildly without concern for safety. Its because accidents happen when you live and interact in a world FULL of uncontrollable variables...we call that world reality.

When you see someone on a construction site wearing goggles its not because they are afraid of what they will purposely do to themselves. :crackup:

good goggles can be had on Ebay for $7 incl. shipping.
I bought 2 pair for myself and whomever else would be around when lasing .
you dont have to spend $30+ on goggles despite what is repeated around here.

Pretty sure a construction site is a lot more dangerous than a laser. I am not going to argue with people; its stupid. I advised he wear goggles.

Cheers

ive caught a few errant 532(200Mw.) and now, 445 beams and I do see how that 445, especially warrants caution ... even the beam 'splatter' off a wall or even semi-reflective surface can be searingly bright and white-hot to the eyes ... I have learned my lesson and will put the goggles on when lasing the 445 in the house ...(too cold these days to dick around outside ! )

Lasers = mega fun but blindness = bad