Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

"Yellow" from O-like

Benm

I'd still try to go for a refund - didn't work out of the box, which is not your fault.

How much reverse voltage does that driver run such that it actually fries the diode though? Reverse ratings on laser diode datasheets are often quite low, but in practice most diodes will survive just well when reverse biased by 5 volts or so.

Hi Pete,
Im sorry buddy. I know how disappointing these orders can be. If it could help I have a lot of experience dealing with O-like. I have ordered 4 lasers from them, 2 were under spec and they made good on both. From what I have read not a lot of people have had that much success getting them to right their wrongs.
Suzy can be reasonable to work with. Th things that helped me get them to correct things was writing a calm, polite, yet stern explanation of their product and the way it didn't live up to their advertised listing. I included pics, and detailed descriptions. I also linked the threads I made of past reviews of their products. If I was you I would definitely link this thread as it shows the amount of potential sales the arrival of a working quality laser would have resulted in and also that people are watching them to see how they conduct business.

IME, I never had to send anything back. A video and pics showing the faulty item was enough for them to resend one. I was adamant yet not threatening that I would not be willing to pay fir return shipping and also reminded them I payed with paypal and would not hesitate to involve them if needs were not met. I hope you payed with Paypal. It increases your leverage quite a bit. I wouldn't mess around with the laser anymore than you have. It doesn't work, you either want a new one or a refund, end of story.

Im going tio opm you with more details.
Jeff

Pman

I sent them a third message with this link and basically requesting no return and a replacement as the unit was purchased to work as advertised. No reason why I would purchase just a simple green module at that output (didn't measure it but it's not that strong). Offered to take any measurements and pictures they want to prove it's faulty.
OF course mentioned that others were awaiting my review of the unit as some of you are interested in one also.
Please, no comments about "I'll take it off your hands if you don't want it";)

The 35mW red 685nm diode was tested with my variable DC power supply just as Jordan or probably anyone else tests them. I've tested that way for quite awhile. Trust me, it's blown. I have the paperwork somewhere. My own fault but why oh why does AixiZ make those diode connectors with different wiring configurations. There's one green wire and 2 greys. One has the green wire on pin 1 and the other 2 have them on pin 3. It was a $6 diode so not a big deal and like I said, I have another on the way.

Last edited:
Hi P,
Sorry to hear about your misfortune, It's a shame you spend money you save for something and when you get all hopes high it isn's what was advertised. On top of it all it takes a decade to get a response.. Seems like once they have your hard earned cash Game Over..
Feel bad for you brother pisses me off to see folks like us get burned.

Rich:)

Pman

No idea if they responded yet as I'm at a wedding 5 hours away and the email I use isn't on my phone. Hoping they will take it seriously and just send me another rather than wasting my time and $. Can't believe by the way this is put together you would try and repair it and it has been my experience that most items under $100 are at the very least doubled in price for profit.

No idea if they responded yet as I'm at a wedding 5 hours away and the email I use isn't on my phone. Hoping they will take it seriously and just send me another rather than wasting my time and $. Can't believe by the way this is put together you would try and repair it and it has been my experience that most items under $100 are at the very least doubled in price for profit.

Hi P,
Stay on them be persistent with them , they should make good for there products.
Hope things work out they should send you another free of charge .

Rich:)

Pman

Was away and didn't check my emails until just now. They sent 2 messages back to back:
Friday:
"Dear Peter
Could I send you a replacement red laser module ? do you have experiance in this ?"

then this one right after:
"Dear Peter
I am sorry I just saw your e-mails ,I am on business trip these two days ,
Could you return it and send me photo of post office slip .and I send you new unit at the same time ?"

Thanks and Best Regards
Susie

I don't want just the red module as it would be a mess to remove the other one.

I could do the mail thing with the receipt but of course that stinks as it's going to cost $26.50 on my end.
I'm going to offer to do that but I would like expedited shipping on the new one as I don't want this to drag on and on.

Last edited:
Was away and didn't check my emails until just now. They sent 2 messages back to back:
Friday:
"Dear Peter
Could I send you a replacement red laser module ? do you have experiance in this ?"

then this one right after:
"Dear Peter
I am sorry I just saw your e-mails ,I am on business trip these two days ,
Could you return it and send me photo of post office slip .and I send you new unit at the same time ?"

Thanks and Best Regards
Susie

I don't want just the red module as it would be a mess to remove the other one.

I could do the mail thing with the receipt but of course that stinks as it's going to cost $26.50 on my end.
I'm going to offer to do that but I would like expedited shipping on the new one as I don't want this to drag on and on.

Tell them you will send it back with a bill for diagnosing the problem for them. A consultation fee if you will.

Pman

Well I just responded via email and on their site as I haven't a clue if they actually look at an email you respond too. I've yet to find out what my actual order number is as I paid with paypal and they never told me a thing and there's no indication of an order on their site from me. They also have not responded to the email I sent days ago linking this thread so I mentioned it again.
Looking at their policy they are supposed to send me a message to print and put into a return package before it is sent out and I don't have that or the order number which is required so I can't even do anything and every time I send them another message I have to wait over and over for another response.
If they want others to have more faith in their system they should just expedite ship another as it's certainly in their best interest at this point. Any review I do will be fair and accurate to the best of my ability. Obviously I would prefer a working unit over $ back. It's certainly not fair to say that just because I got a faulty one means that anyone else would.
The bottom, line now is how it is handled at this point. I would rather get a faulty unit and deal with a decent company than a good unit from a company that treats its customers poorly. I have an account there and they should be able to see all my past purchases not to mention many here have bought from them from my recommendations on a product I reviewed myself. There are some very good deals there and you should check often as you never know what's going to pop up.
I was really pretty excited about this purchase though and it affected me more when it didn't work. Ended up being easy enough to figure out the power connection once I really examined the board closely. Don't know if it is normal for modules like this to come with no documentation at all.
Yes I could fix it with a new red module but it's really glued in place well and for a product review it isn't something anyone should have to do as many would not attempt the repair. I want the review to be as it should be with an as advertised just add power and that's it.

I would never ship it back on my own expense. There's always the chance they'll send another DoA. You should tell them how much shipping is going to cost and ask them if they'll reimburse you of shipping costs.

FYI to O-Like if you are reading this - To date I am considering this a review. (And I was considering buying a 635nm 5mw pen from you... Guess you guys are out of a whole 7.99 from me)

Last edited:
Pete,
My opinion, is you have done more than enough to try to work with them. Contact PayPal. Once they release their hounds from hell on a seller you would be suprised how effeictent they suddenly become at resolving this matter. You have more than enough documentation to prove your claim. This is why I always use PayPal.
Trust me, if they loose their PayPal acct it will cost the, tens of thousands of dollars a year and you only get so many strikes before they shut you down.
Release the Kraken.

Last edited:

Pman

Received a reply to the message I sent to them that contained this from me:

"Received your e-mail and sent a message back stating:
> I would agree to this if you expedite the shipping (send the replacement
> with a faster shipping method) as it is going to cost me $26.50 to mail the
> other one back.
> Transaction ID: 4K672122GF5******
> I still do not even know what my order number was for this transaction and
> have asked for it repeatedly.
> As stated an another email I sent here's the link to where this issue and
> product review was going to take place that you should look at as many
> others in the laser pointer forums are seeing how the transaction is handled
> and awaiting a product review to decide if they will also make a purchase.
> I've received no response for the other message I sent you when I linked
> that before a few days ago.
> http://laserpointerforums.com/f40/yellow-o-like-95085.html"

They said:

"Dear Peter
OK ,Pls send the item back"

and added the long address to send it back and:

" Pls don't copy our e-mails on forum ,it is our privacy for address"

I am not going to copy their address stuff back as they asked. I went to the post office an hour ago and took pics and emailed them back with them.

This means that my order is supposed to sent out with expedited shipping at the same time I send the faulty one back so I am hoping they hold their end.
I was able to get first class shipping at $16 which is less than the $26.50 I expected. Was shocked to find out my next option was $45 and up!

Please give them the benefit of the doubt and not write them off as we all know things like this happen. They do have some VERY good deals and the other things I have purchased were worth the $. This one being faulty really got to me though and if it all works out I would like to see some others purchase one as a working one would be nice to own especially for those who haven't got the $ for a real 589nm.

At this point I'm rooting for Susie to take care of this for not just me but us. I WANT this to work out for all of us including her/O-Like.

Thanks to all with your advice. It's all good;) This is the way I have chosen to go and $16 isn't an unreasonable amount to eat on my end. REALLY hoping I still get to recommend them.

Don't know why they won't give me the order number as I've asked them many times for it. If you have an account with them you can look at all your orders and it's not a transaction id# but a different shorter number. Maybe they don't assign one when you ask to pay by paypal and they send you a bill through them but I could have sworn I always still got an order number I could click on on their site. The importance of the order # is you can click on it and see at what stage the transaction is and I don't see a way to do it with just the transaction #. It's why I've had to email them and ask what the status was/is of the original order. They never sent an email saying it was shipped even though it had been and was actually in the states when I checked the tracking #.

Last edited:
They don't want you having the order number so you can't make a claim with Paypal I would guess.
Suzy has done right by me a couple times it just get incredibly frustrating because the language barrier. I still don't think you should have to pay for return shipping but if you're happy I'm happy. Hope this new one works out buddy/

Last edited:

Pman

Thanks and we shall see. TheIR return 0olicy is that you pay. If they expedite my shipping on the replacement that's good enough for me. They agreed to it even though they technically don't have too.
I've never had to do a charge back to anyone which is honestly surprising considering how many purchases I've made on Ebay and other places. Have always found another way to work things out.