Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

"Yellow" from O-like

I am sorry to hear this.

Did you sent it via Tracked airmail ?

As some chinese companies used to do this before ... ask you to send it back and then say they did not get it at all. And if you do not have tracking ... you are in a problematic situation.

I really hope you will solve it man.

I usually ask people to send stuff back for a repair , or I just send them a new item. but I always keep remidning them they are covered by paypal. And if someones do not want to send a borken item for a repair I usually offer a free replacement at the end.

If you paid by PayPal , then you are covered up to 180 days. No need to worry at all.

If you need any help with this ... you are welcome to pm me , or email me :beer:

Pman

Thanks Eitan.

I really don't have an update as I've honestly been busy with life things and this was way off the list of immediate concerns. I just expect the replacement to show up all of a sudden although it should have been sent quicker as Susie agreed to it. Haven't received any email with tracking information or anything stating it was actually shipped .
This reminds me I need to see If I can tell if they got the faulty one back.

Pete, I'd stay on her if I was you. I have been told multiple times my replacement laser was shipped and it hadn't. They're not the best company to deal with but if you won't go away you should get what's coming.
Did you make them sign for the return or just tracking?

Pman

Just emailed back asking for the tracking number as it should have been sent out 2 days after they agreed to the replacement.

EDIT: DHL just delivered it so they did send it faster like they were supposed too:)
It needs to sit for awhile as it is cold here in N.Y. so I won't try it until later.

My kidney pain is bad right now so all I can tell you is it does work, 153mW red, 58mW green for 201mW output meeting it's spec. Output is ...well different looking.

Last edited:

GSS

That was a nice surprise in the mail. I hope you feel better and get to play with it:)

Gabe

Woohoo! Thanks, Pete. Any quick notes on how well aligned the beams are?

diachi

2s8mnat.gif

Looking forward to seeing how this turned out! Might be a good option for a cheap RGY or even RGB (With the addition of a lower powered blue) projector.

Pman

Well it's really confusing to try and explain what I see. I need to go lye down shortly but the beams are slightly off so it depends upon what angle you are looking from. I took a lot of pics with 2 different cameras to try and capture it but I'm going to have to wade through them.
The unit itself works just fine and I ran it for at least 15 minutes at one point while I was messing around with a 100mW 532nm and my 82mW 589nm trying to show the difference. The main issue is the cameras want to show it as prett much yellow but not the same yellow as the 589nm (didn't expect it to be).
At first when I turned it on my eyes were seeing kind of like twinkling Christmas green/red beam (no fog). That basically went away as I was taking pics. The 2 dots are just slightly off. At about 20 feet away the red and green dots just barely touch on the inside edge and the outside edge of one dot to the outside edge of the other is 1/2". The beam looks better the closer you get to the unit.
Not sure what you call the little side beam you get but it is there and you can see the dots don't line up there.
Before I go any further and show pics I will say it is pretty cool regardless of what the pics look like. Fine, I was going to ye down but I'll try and post the pics. Hang on as I'll add pics and you may see some jumps as I add more to this thread. Still have to upload them and then pic and transfer to imageshack etc...

K,

Power supply showing only 340mA at 12V:
Lv4mFv.jpg

You can see the side beam:
pnHaj2.jpg

xsRAYs.jpg

Various angle pics:
h3Xa1m.jpg

Lj2dsu.jpg

hjoW7O.jpg

Pics where it blends better:

9ovo9n.jpg

AHw66W.jpg

Vt93FI.jpg

Some comparison shots wiht a real 589nm and 532nm:

O0TVqN.jpg

0K5MIh.jpg

lgwf2t.jpg

7cD0jY.jpg

lCkcxC.jpg

h0AlYM.jpg

IOERWX.jpg

uZGr9L.jpg

The camera doesn't pick up the color right as it really looks like it has more of a green tint than the pics show. It does make the 589nm look more orange. Remember, 589nm isn't really yellow but more "golden" in color. Just messed again with the fog gone and since the beam isn't quite aligned it looks kind of sparkly cool Christmas and then as you add fog it looks more and more yellow as the beams blend better. Don't know if I'll mess with the alignment or not but probably not right away.

Last edited:
Thx Pete, been following this saga from the beginning. It's great to see some pics. Looks pretty darn worth the 89$. Looks like a sunshine yellow color. .

Gabe

Very interesting Pete, thanks. Would rep, but I'm on spread. It is a strange, artificial sort of yellow. The slight misalignment makes me wish the angles were adjustable, but it still looks like it's worth the $89 like Jeff said. Cheers! :beer:

Pman

The color is more yellow than golden for sure.

I just realized you can adjust the alignment:) I have to do other things but the blocks that the laser modules are on have screws holding them down underneath;) Definitely going to mess with it. I never bothered to look under the mounting block:rolleyes: I should at least be able to adjust it a little with the existing screw holes. Can always make them bigger too.

Messed around for a bit and it isn't easy to get the beams aligned. I can get them looking like they are aligned from 0 and 180 deg but then 90 and 270 are off and you see the split beam again. What I mean is it will look great looking at it from opposite sides but then 90 either way you see your green and red. Not going to be easy at all to get the dots perfectly aligned 20 feet away plus then you have to lock it down. Will have to keep messing with it.

Would like to see some others try some of their other modules. Notice they have a "white" 400mW unit for $92 before shipping. It even gives the respective outputs for each color.
There's also a 200mW blue and green one for $95. You can easily unplug individual colors and the fan and run what you want.

I just messed with the alignment again and got it right:D The beam looks very sparkly Christmas like until you add smoke and then it looks yellow with a slight green tint maybe. Really looks like the individual yellow pics above with maybe a very slight green hue but sometimes it just looks yellow unlike the 589nm which really doesn't look yellow next to it. Maybe the 589nm could be described more as a golden orange.

Last edited:

Encap

Would like to see some others try some of their other modules. Notice they have a "white" 400mW unit for $92 before shipping. It even gives the respective outputs for each color.
There's also a 200mW blue and green one for $95. You can easily unplug individual colors and the fan and run what you want.

I just messed with the alignment again and got it right:D The beam looks very sparkly Christmas like until you add smoke and then it looks yellow with a slight green tint maybe. Really looks like the individual yellow pics above with maybe a very slight green hue but sometimes it just looks yellow unlike the 589nm which really doesn't look yellow next to it. Maybe the 589nm could be described more as a golden orange.

Great pictures----nice to hear O-Like took care of the problem----have never known them not to--Suzie has always done right by me/a good job for me.

Am sure you can fine tune anbd tweak the alignment and get a pretty goo consistent yellow----the combining units O-Like offers are certainly worth the approx. $90 when you think about it.

Last edited:

Gabe

I think since the $600 required for a 100mW 473nm Pl-E Pro is a little bit far fetched in terms of Christmas money from relatives, I might use what I get to buy either the RGB or GB module from them. Do an as in-depth as possible review too maybe. Seems like something I'd really enjoy.