Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

XJ-A150 News

cd520

Nice find, interesting info to see what comes from this.

Garoq

I found this line interesting: "C***o tweaked the wavelength of the blue laser..."

>445nm to increase visibility?

Last edited:
maybe its 473nm instead of the 445nm. if the price is right i will buy one. and find out.

I'm willing to bet they're just mass-cooling the diodes heavily to lower the wavelength, the video showed truer blues. That or they've done something with the type of phosphor being used, they mentioned that. Although heating the diodes would make them brighter...and kill them faster...:thinking:

Garoq

I'm willing to bet they're just mass-cooling the diodes heavily to lower the wavelength, the video showed truer blues. That or they've done something with the type of phosphor being used, they mentioned that. Although heating the diodes would make them brighter...and kill them faster...:thinking:
Yep. Need...more...information.

Last I read anything about the 150 they said there were scapping it. looks like they had a change of heart--curious tho about the 1-145?? do they mean A-140?? Also I wonder if C*sio made any changes to how the diodes are secured into the array?? guess we will know soon enough. I bet it is just another better binned 445 diode w/ better cooling maybe. 1200/24=$ 50 a diode-- do I smell a GB coming???

hk

Last edited:

DTR

May have to pick one up just to find out.;)
1299/24
That is $54 a diode.:thinking:

EDIT CLOSED

Alright this is sort of turning into a quasi group buy.

Thanks for those that want to share the risk/reward

They will be $54 plus $2 shipping(US International Priority $13.50) and $2 paypal fees. In the end it will cost me time and probably money but I just have to know if there is anything special about these. PM me if you would like to participate. I will move this post to the group buy section if needed.;)

1.hakzaw1 -------Paid-------
2.Garoq --------Paid---------
3.aryntha --------Paid---------
4.Morgan --------Paid---------
5.iFoSh --------Paid---------
6.ShaneL --------Paid--------
7.SHIN --------Paid--------
8.Flaminpyro -----Paid-------
9.MojoLA ------Paid--------
10.laser_freak -------Paid-------
11.Crazy Jay -------Paid--------
12.kiyoukan
13.532 with Envy

Last edited:

dnar

It will be interesting to see if they have implemented additional "anti-harvesting" measures....

JLSE

Wouldn't a lower wavelength react better with the phosphor?

I hope they didn't change the diodes to a lower value...

I'm really hoping there isn't a block of cement around those
LD's now either. :D

DTR

Has anybody bought from projectorpeople.com before. If so do they ship quickly.:beer:

And it is $1299 not $1200 so that is $54 a diode not including shipping of each diode and other expenses.

Last edited:
Has anybody bought from projectorpeople.com before. If so do they ship quickly.:beer:

Let's do a Google search, shall we?

They have a blog which they keep updated so they should have some legitimacy: Projector News, Projector Reviews, Home Theater Projectors | Projector People Blog

EDIT: See newest blog entry, there's a coupon: We’ve got scary movies playing on the LG CF181D. We’ve got cupcakes as big as your head in the break room. And for our customers, we have a coupon code for free 3-day shipping on select projectors!

Just use the code “SCARY” to get free expedited shipping on all in-stock projectors more than $799. The code is good through Oct. 31, 2010.

DTR

Let's do a Google search, shall we?

They have a blog which they keep updated so they should have some legitimacy: Projector News, Projector Reviews, Home Theater Projectors | Projector People Blog

EDIT: See newest blog entry, there's a coupon: We’ve got scary movies playing on the LG CF181D. We’ve got cupcakes as big as your head in the break room. And for our customers, we have a coupon code for free 3-day shipping on select projectors!

Just use the code “SCARY” to get free expedited shipping on all in-stock projectors more than $799. The code is good through Oct. 31, 2010.

Yea did all that already. When you look them up on Google they are paying a bit of money to have the spotlight with the individual links below. So I have no doubt they are a serious business. What I was asking if anybody knew how fast they get stuff out the door. Which I did not find on my search. And there is already free shipping already applied to this unit. I even tried their coupon code DEAL1173 to see if it would work. No love.:yabbmad: