Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: Clicky Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
hrm... he told me it would be right under 3/4 cause 3/4 was too big, so i bought him 5/8 and 11/16 retainer ring.

daguin

Oh sorry I didn't see that you were looking for the retaining ring. The size on it was an unusual size I believe it was either 7/8 or 7/16" I'm pretty sure it was teh later. I do have a spare if you cannot get one from Moh.

I don't know if this has been covered in the Kryton thread. I haven't been there in awhile. However, I figured out why many of the switches I had "appeared" to have failed. It is simply that the "nub" inside the clicky cover is too long. It pushes the switch button down just enough to prevent the laser from lighting. Just pull out the clicky cover, snip 1/8 inch off of the nub and re-install. No more problem!

Peace,
dave

Kenom

Actually dave, that's not the only problem. Those switches were failing completely. Even with the spring cut down they failed 40% of the time. No continuity through them at all.

You are correct 11/16" it is.

daguin

Actually dave, that's not the only problem. Those switches were failing completely. Even with the spring cut down they failed 40% of the time. No continuity through them at all.

Guess I've been lucky then. I like lucky.

Peace,
dave

Oh sorry I didn't see that you were looking for the retaining ring. The size on it was an unusual size I believe it was either 7/8 or 7/16" I'm pretty sure it was teh later. I do have a spare if you cannot get one from Moh.

hrm... he told me it would be right under 3/4 cause 3/4 was too big, so i bought him 5/8 and 11/16 retainer ring.

Moh is sending me the rings he found at his local store. Ill try them both. I have a feeling one of them should work, but if not I will let you know kenom.
Thanks in advance
-Grant

danq

Guess I've been lucky then. I like lucky.
Peace,
dave
Darn! I logged on just for this - was hoping Ken or someone would have found an alternative sw that fits... those switches are a real Achilles' Heel for the Kryton! I've built 4 Krytons so far, and all are flaky - the switch is the cause of every one. I'm holding off on building any more of mine, until I find a reliable fix for the switches... won't sell or gift anything that I can't be sure will be solid.
This isn't a rag on you, Ken - the Krytons are the greatest thing since laser-cut whole wheat! Just a bad part-supply issue.

DanQ

Kenom

Well danq, I do have an alternative. They just aren't cheap. (around $5 each) If you would like I'd be more than happy to send you some replacement clickies.

I also found this one, but it requires that you sand off the threads around the edge.
http://www.shiningbeam.com/servlet/the-93/Forward-Tactical-Click-Switch/Detail

I know that this one is a bit spendy but it is exactly what I was looking for in a replacement.
https://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=124

and here:
http://www.lighthound.com/Fenix-For...0-L-P-and-TK-series-flashlights_p_8-2468.html

Last edited:

danq

Well danq, I do have an alternative. They just aren't cheap. (around $5 each) If you would like I'd be more than happy to send you some replacement clickies.
Wow! I wasn't expecting that kind of response... well, guess I should have known - Kenom always has bent over backwards to accommodate people. No need to send me anything - just tell me which to order. I'd like to know which fits and/or operates better in your opinion. That $6.00 "LXX Switch Module? I had no idea that there were alternatives available, thanks!

DanQ

Kenom

honestly, the only one I've tried is the first one listed. Took me a little time with the file to get rid of the threads. I've just not had the money to invest in which one is the best alternative. However, a person with a little engineering skills can make ANY of the alternatives work.

Got what I needed out of this thread. =D

Thank you styropyro for the Clicky, and Mohrenberg for the retaining ring. The 11/16" ring works fine.

danq

honestly, the only one I've tried is the first one listed. Took me a little time with the file to get rid of the threads. I've just not had the money to invest in which one is the best alternative. However, a person with a little engineering skills can make ANY of the alternatives work.
Ok, thanks - gotta find that Engineer Hat... around here somewhere...
:beer:
DanQ

i noticed that "he who must not be named" ....and cannot be named due to the forum filter sells them ;)

I'm happy one of those retaining rings worked. Good luck with the build!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.