Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: AixiZ replacement for Small Red Diode in Pioneer Sleds

daguin

I know that I've seen a picture of someone's replacement "head' for an aiXiz module, re-sized to hold the small red diode from the Pioneer 8X and 12X sleds. IIRC they were machined out of copper.

The metal is not that important to me, but I have a couple of these on hand now. They need to be tested ;)

However, now I cannot find the posting. I need a couple of them.

Peace,
dave

Gata

SightFx made them didn't he? I remember seeing pictures of it in his 7 Color Kit Thread.

daguin

SightFx made them didn't he? I remember seeing pictures of it in his 7 Color Kit Thread.

Maybe.

I thought it was FlamigPyro, but he says, "Not yet."

I'll send a PM to SightFX

Ta

@ Tommi -- It wasn't solder. Thanks for looking it up for me, though

Peace,
dave

daguin

HA!! It was SightFX. Thanks for the assist Gata

Peace,
dave

EDIT: I will get a pic of a diode pressed in the heat sink when I get back home to Montana. Till then here is the first pics I posted again...
3.8mm%20Module%2002.jpg

3.8mm%20Module%2001.jpg

3.8mm%20Module%2003.jpg

Thanks,
Ryan

heh, the solder blob worked well too....i just sat the module on a flat metal surface, and heated it hot enough to melt solder...and started pouring...

then i carved the hole to fit with some diff. screw driver and x-acto knifes.

i did no testings at all....but it seems like a pretty decent diode...i would randomly guess it's about the same as a LCC...or atleast a short open can.

i had sold the finished laser for $35 (since it was after all set in a blob of solder)

Kenom

So dave, now that you've found the source of this gem, did you get an availability and price? I know others will be needing these as well.
Ken

daguin

So dave, now that you've found the source of this gem, did you get an availability and price? I know others will be needing these as well.
Ken

I don't know if he is going to be offering them "commercially" or not. I will say that the price was not unreasonable for a "custom" machining run.

I am getting one in copper and one in aluminum. I'll post what results I find (as usual).

Peace,
dave

What would something like that be used for :thinking: Maybe a very small RED laser ? IDK, I couldn't think of anything else, maybe my brain is in idle mode tonight :tired:.............rob