Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

World Cup Thread!

Love the game-hate the plastic horns
at least the non-stop use of them
guess I am just getting old.

the soccer hooligans are a bad thing for the sport as well.

same goes for any sport-anywhere after a win or loss.

Looters are worse than common thieves- arsonists should be jailed for life.

People always get hurt and some even die.

Mob mentality- saw it in person at '68 Chicago Convention- At D.C. during the following inauguration. And on both sides at Kent State. Lost a good friend in Ohio. RIP Jeff.

hak

Last edited:

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Love the game-hate the plastic horns
at least the non-stop use of them
guess I am just getting old.

hak

Hater.

hweuqd.jpg

Morgan

So, the scores and final points are now up to date as my internet has returned! The points, etc., are not very clear as when I edited, they looked fine but all the spacing is out :thinking: . It does show the order of finishing though. The last sixteen look like this:

[EDIT: LIST AND SCORES BEING UPDATED IN POST 1]

I'll update later as and when the scores come in and put this list in the first post too.

Good luck USA for today!!! Or should that be Ghana??? :na:

M
:)

Last edited:

Morgan

We kind of expected South Korea to be beaten by Uraguay but the other game... ?

:oops: :(

Not many posts then tonight? Unlucky to go out in the first knockout round but on the bright side, USA have shown they are now a force to be reckoned with on the world stage. Well done, there's always next time... :gj:

Let's hope it doesn't go quiet on the home front tomorrow for England!

M

As usual the US let in our customary first minutes goal. I guess I have to go for Germany now. Gehen Deutschland!

I don't mind the buzzing. I hardly even notice it's there and when I do it just seems to make it more live. Can't wait to be in Rio in 2014.

Morgan

Joke! Pathetic! Even with the goal we should have had we didn't deserve it.

Massive holes at the back! With the third German goal the defense just gave up!

Bo**ocks to you England. Just what did you do for us at all Rooney, (and others)?

Screw all of you...

Worthless...

Pi**ed? Maybe just a touch!

No words left....

On with the lasers then...

M

I'm looking forward to see the dutch playing against slovakia tomorow. The dutch national anthem refers that they are from german blood. They will play against a small country that does not have german blood, so in theorie the dutch will accelerate like the germans, let's see what will happen tomorrow,... ;)

Morgan

Having somewhat got over my personal disappointment of England crashing out so spectacularly I have rallied to give those still in the competition the scores and remaining fixtures.

They are updated in the first post. Quarter finals start on Friday with Uraguay V Ghana, and Netherlands V Brazil.

Okay, not many members I know of from Uraguay or Ghana but I'm sure we have some from the Netherlands. Niko I think is closest to Brazil but I'm sure he'll be cheering on Argentina against Germany on Saturady. I KNOW I WILL!!!

M