Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

(Work in progress) First build: 635nm 500mW in C6 host

that was happening to me the other day. do you have any fine grain sandpaper? if you got it in half way that means things just need to be slightly altered. Also are you going in from the back of the hs? Loading in front is much easier(even if it means disconnecting the leads and reattaching). Look closely under a proper light for any knicks or scratches that may be causing that.

Last edited:
that was happening to me the other day. do you have any fine grain sandpaper? if you got it in half way that means things just need to be slightly altered. Also are you going in from the back of the hs? Loading in front is much easier(even if it means disconnecting the leads and reattaching). Look closely under a proper light for any knicks or scratches that may be causing that.

I was loading it in the front, I don't have my driver yet so the leads aren't hooked up. I'll see if I can find sandpaper tomorrow...
EDIT: I went and found an old pack of fine sandpaper in my garage.
EDIT 2: Aaaaaaaand it's in :D
EDIT 3: Well, shit. I accidentally put it in backwards. Derp...
EDIT 4: Got it in the right way and got the set screw in pretty tight. I remember seeing a picture somewhere that says you're supposed to have the module slightly recessed, so that's exactly what I did :D (or was that the diode inside the module? Can't remember.)

Last edited:
NICE! Glad it worked. Can't wait to see the completed build and the always important BEAMSHOTS!

NICE! Glad it worked. Can't wait to see the completed build and the always important BEAMSHOTS!

Just waiting on my driver now... And once I play with this thing for a while I'm probably going to upgrade to a 650-G-1 lens from Jayrob :D (that means even moar beamshots... :beer:)

Last edited:
Just got a nice orange tailcap for it, courtesy of Blord :)

v53xlq1.jpg

Still waiting on the driver...

Last edited:
slightly off topic but related to red lasers :)

Scumbag, how is your 650 @ iirc 450mA holding up?

Hey LL Cool Lase,

It's working wonderfully. Though, I suspect it's pissed at me. I swiped the G-2 lens that I had sitting on it and gave it a 3-element. And, now it looks like someone is buying my 405 S06J shoved into its C-6 host. So, now it's homeless...again.

I'll either pick up another C-6 this week, or maybe I will try it out in my MS-SSW that's coming.

alright sweet i think ill build my own then. also building a s06j and m140 or 638. have all the drivers but need to get another host :p

Well, I am thinking of buying a 520 for my new MS-SSW, and this one is homeless...It's got less than 1 hour on the diode and it's mated w/ a Moh linear. I could even tune a linear for your needs. Make me an offer, I'll see if I can part with it.

Well, I am thinking of buying a 520 for my new MS-SSW, and this one is homeless...It's got less than 1 hour on the diode and it's mated w/ a Moh linear. I could even tune a linear for your needs. Make me an offer, I'll see if I can part with it.

Don't you guys know how to PM? :crackup:

I should be getting the driver some time this week, if everything goes according to plan. Today if I'm lucky :)