Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Woman attacked with laser

S7rike

In no situation would I ever think of doing that. Unless my life is in danger.

Last edited:

This Douchebag claimed he lasers people for fun and made a video.
Sad thing is he is on LPF and mentions two main guys here he bought his lasers from.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f48/get-load-these-dips-ts-69078.html

720p HD Watt 445nm Laser Burning Gasoline; Wood, Plastic GOPRO - YouTube
"1 WATT!"Aurora C4 445nm review. Thanks to Daguin from Laserpointerforums - YouTube
Last link about 1:40, hard to hear, got to turn up vol. said," I took it to Chicago last weekend, almost got it taken away, I blinded everyone on the sidewalk, it was epic."

I hope someone kicks his femmy little ass soon.
Yea he's just name dropping a bunch of long time respected LPF members as a way to "get back" at LPF. You guys know that if enough people flag his videos as infringing on copyrights that it will get taken down right ;)

Last edited:
Wow this guy is retarded... He was risking making the women permanently blind, for something that was probably stupid. He's probably one of those guys that doesn't know the dangers of a laser and bought it off his friend.

joeyss

Our days are numbered.....wait till one of these incidents makes the news. All I can say is blame Chinese drop shippers.

Our days are numbered.....wait till one of these incidents makes the news. All I can say is blame Chinese drop shippers.

While I get what you're saying about the drop shipping companies I blame the idiots that actually commit the crime. Lasers don't just grow legs walk off and point themselves in peoples eyes.

joeyss

True, but these idiots wouldn't have the brains and times to make a laser themselves. They'd just stick to blowing up a cherry bomb or something.

Still, he's right; our days are numbered. Now is the time to buy what you want before it is too late. Get what you need, and enjoy it responsibly behind closed doors.

That idiot on youtube is appauling.

True, but these idiots wouldn't have the brains and times to make a laser themselves. They'd just stick to blowing up a cherry bomb or something.

Yea but you could say the same thing about anything that morons abuse. Guns, knives, baseball bats, crow bars. Obviously the availability of high power lasers results in more idiots having them but in the end I prefer being able to buy a laser or build one if I want. I do agree though that our days are numbered. If the number of aircraft illuminations keeps rising (which I'm sure it will) and people keep abusing lasers responsible laser hobbyists like ourselves will also be punished.

Although even if they completely ban lasers over 5mW and make possession of them illegal I still think getting them from china will be pretty easy. I feel like it's one of many laws that would end up being unenforced except when there is a serious incident.

You guys know that if enough people flag his videos as infringing on copyrights that it will get taken down right ;)

flag as terrorism. Dude brags about going to chicago with his laser and it was so cool, he blinded like, everybody he could see on the sidewalk. Sounds like terrorism.

Last edited:
I just don't see it. I can't imagine a situation in which I would point a laser at someone in anger.
Seems a bit like waving a bed sheet in a threatening manner... i.e.
If I was to make a list of weapons in my house a laser probably wouldn't even make the top 50.

A bed sheet? Are you serious?
You point a ~1W laser at your neighbor driving a car, you will be doing a lot more damage than waving a bed sheet.
This is one of the problems. It doesn't go "bang" and it doesn't have a sharp edge. But that doesn't mean it's harmless.
So many people just do not realize how dangerous they are.

Obviously the Police blew it but the woman could sue.
It wouldn't be hard to prove the flashlight cannot blind you and a blue laser can.
There is a police report and the perps statement I hope. The perp admitted guilt by handing over the flashlight.
A lawyer could easily prove that it was a laser and it hurt the victim with the medical reports..
If I was blinded intentionally I I'd hit em where it hurts, in the pocket book.

It would be hard to prove since there was no laser and no worse/permanent injury.
This does not sound like something that would go to trial with a jury and witnesses and medical experts testifying.
She was lucky. However, had the injury been much worse the police "might" have had grounds to search the attackers property.
If he was smart (and it doesn't sound like it) he got rid of the evidence.

You should tell the cop that the flash light well never be able do that and tell him to get the guys laser.

Last edited:
You should tell the cop that the flash light well never be able do that and tell him to get the guys laser.

There are these things called "rights" that make it so the cops would need a search warrant to go into the persons house and take the laser. You need to have substantial proof to get a warrant. Not to mention that the cops have better things to do. Unless the women was seriously blinded/injured the cops aren't going to bother considering there's no way to prove it was a laser.

I'm kind of surprised more incidents like this haven't occurred yet. Hopefully they will put away this @$$hole for a very good long time.

Moh, here THE THING.

If she claims blindness and pain.

and IF they found no damage.

There was no laser.

Retinal damage does not occur with pain unless there is SERIOUS damage. Something of course no one found.

I suspect she was frightened by the blue LED and suspected had had already been hit.

Moh, here THE THING.

If she claims blindness and pain.

and IF they found no damage.

There was no laser.

Retinal damage does not occur with pain unless there is SERIOUS damage. Something of course no one found.

I suspect she was frightened by the blue LED and suspected had had already been hit.

Exactly. You have to do a lot of damage to the retina to actually feel continuous pain and since they found no damage it sounds like this women is just a pyscho drama queen.