Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Willing to give a laser to help the forum with donations

Just remember, if this is international; some countries dont allow fully made lasers into the country above 1mW (eg:UK). You would have to seperate it out and I think also say on the package that its private use. If customs finds out, you know the deal.

Pman

I hate this idea and I'll tell you why.... You didn't include the Pman donations;)
I was involved in most of what went on back then and it's about time something like this has come up again. I'll toss in a set of 405nm, 532nm, 650nm way overspec focusable pens and a couple of 532nm custom fasttech module builds (one above and one below 100mW).
I don't know about the REP idea thing. It's been frowned upon in the past for any deviation in how REP is earned. The mods would have to weigh in on something like that and if they agreed I think it would have to be universal for anyone who gave in the time frame allotted.
It's always a struggle with stuff like this with international shipping a lot of times costing more than the thing itself. I am all for everyone being included but there may have to be a clause on certain things if the person can't afford the shipping.
As someone else mentioned certain countries can also be an issue with complete units plus some won't want to send batteries with their units so the person who donates needs to set the parameters up front very clearly.
Would also suggest anyone who normally gives to still do that separately and treat this as a separate thing;)

Last edited:
Maybe a star for being a site supporter? A nice shiney gold one?

Pman

Maybe just a welcome to Walmart sticker;) By the way, I sure hope you weren't taking what I said as anything against your suggestion. Your the kind of member we need more of;)
+REP to laser chick. I appreciate you being here and starting something like this. I've greatly missed "the good old days".

Pi, what about an 18490/500? It's a size between 18350 and 18650. I have a c cell mag and 2 of these will take place of 2 c cells although the width is small. Easy to make an adapter though for no rattle. Any of my 18350/16340 to 26650 adapters work great for this. You can get adapters cheap from Fasttech for all kinds of things. Would highly suggest everyone take a look at what their site offers for stuff like that. Hard to beat free shipping on everything regardless of cost.
AW IMR has these 18490 at 1200mAh. Purchased a few for these odd sized hosts. Have never purchased anything bigger than 26650 yet. I will look into that size Crazy mentioned. Wondering if that's actually the same as the 18490/500 but just wider for a perfect fit.

As far as customs goes we all know the deal so if something is seized that's just the way it is. It's up to the individual whether they take the chance or not. Remember that this is more about giving back than getting. We don't need a bunch of grumbling or this kind of thing won't continue in the future.
Maybe Hak/Len will get involved like he used to and be in charge of the drawings. Len used to do an awful lot of things like this for others and he was one of the main reasons I joined after seeing what he did for James. One of the first things I did when I joined was get involved with him with that to help James out.
I can certainly add some more stuff to the pot too. Need to take a look at what would be interesting to add in. I'm sure some of my other friends here will join in with some stuff too. There does need to be some rules and I'm sorry if some people are going to be excluded but it's in the name of safety. I'm personally not interested in running this myself.

Last edited:
Love the enthusiasm, I will take interest along with my modest monthly donation... yea I'm a long time reader 2nd month member so technically it would be my modest months donation lol.
Anyway someone fluent in legal speak could draw up a little disclaimer for the recipient to digitally acknowledge, signing that they are 18+, will do no harm, understand safety, this is a kit, yada yada yada.

Last edited:
Probably a site supporter statement somewhere on your profile would be welcomed by individuals, maybe this might seem too crass to some to do that, I don't know. I will turn this idea around, for everyone who donates a dollar I will give a plus rep if the system allows it, it should if you haven't received one from me for awhile. For me to know if you did so, either PM me or post here you have. CowBoy, I just gave you one. I am happy to help promote donations in any way I can, need to edit my signature to add a link for it too.

Last edited:

Pman

I'll be putting in at least $10 to join the giveaway as soon as someone takes up the cause to run it. So, wonder who's going to step up to the plate to set this up?

I edited my last post if anyone is interested;)

GSS

I have nothing of value to give as of yet I have mostly ebay cheapies that are worth less than the postage. This thread has brought out the nostalgia of those that were here in the good days as they call it. Good people here and I look forward to logging on every morning. I would like to donate $1 for every person who is giving a laser for the sake of donations:yh:

Last edited:
I'll be putting in at least $10 to join the giveaway as soon as someone takes up the cause to run it. So, wonder who's going to step up to the plate to set this up? ;)

Ditto from me too.

I want to say that if it was not for the help me and mine got from the wonderful members of lpf we would be really in a mess. Pman, mac, and others were generous with their help and donation of lasers to help us. This forum can really pull together when it is needed. I wish I could do more i have lasers i could donate but no way to ship so I want to help but things being what they are i can not

Love the enthusiasm, I will take interest along with my modest monthly donation... yea I'm a long time reader 2nd month member so technically it would be my modest months donation lol.
Anyway someone fluent in legal speak could draw up a little disclaimer for the recipient to digitally acknowledge, signing that they are 18+, will do no harm, understand safety, this is a kit, yada yada yada.

We could do that with google docs, that way we can distinguish who is donating and also wants to join the comp or people who are just donating.

There might be a better way for a user to agree with a EULA, that way if they do win; there is no liability.

Pman

I'll post the stuff I'm throwing in before noon today.

Edit:
JQzGm8.jpg

I'll throw a cheap charger in too. Come with the batteries. The 2 with the yellow numbers are over 100mW 532nm and then there's a focusable 650nm 105mW, a 405nm 86mW and an under 71mW focusable 532nm. Both the 405nm and 650nm will easily light matches without them needing to be blackened.

*If anyone is interested in a unit like these outside of this giveaway let me know but you must be 18+ and have at least 10+ REP*

Last edited:
+6 to the OP

not at all surprised tho-- ATM I think we can just call her LC- save some time-

I can help - will add something to the goodies- i always felt the more the merirer-

I do not think LC needs to have her laser 'verified' -

shipping-- yes - dont join the 'deal' if your country is not an easy one to ship to, unless you can bear the risk.

and in the past winner pays shipping has been fair IMHO.
some may ask for the winning to be shipped to another - seems resonalbe to me..

wrap your Li-ions up -plastic with tape-

iirc the rule is: 'li-ions MUST be inside the intended device' USPS but I do not even admit to that at the P.O. as i seriously doubt they know more beyond- NO RECHARGABLES.

its like sending a gun and ammo together- can end badly

1$ per 'entry' to the giveaway may make for a very long and sometimes complicated list- maybe a bit more say... 3$- would streamline this-cant buy much these days with 1$

The 'donators' must ship in a timely manner once shipping has been paid or we will come after you-- j/k- what we can do may be worse--haha

If you have 5 $10 diodes to donate --consider doing them as one entry
again - make this easy to track-

set a deadline for both gift offers posted and donations sent to admin- in the past He has been very helpful with these-

we make a master list and he checks it for us- afaik

AND as it has been pointed out- this is a 'fundraiser' for the forum and NOT a Ra44le
You-Know -who- wants nothing to do with these- add nothing to 'notes from sender' about this deal.-- I see no problem with all donations sent to be entered for each 3$ sent ( dont send 11$ haha)

the winners contact the donors to share shipping addresses.

If you move cash into your PP acct it can be sent at no fee on either end-
I mark it as PAYMENT SENT FOR SERVICES.

if you do NOT want your PP home address to be used the winners need to work that out asap.

The actual drawing is the easy part- takes only a few minutes- random.com
go check it out- free too

Pick any Mod or Vet who has no dog in this race.. lol

hak

- or just dont send them along with the lasers- i have NEVER seen that as a good idea--

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hak, all great points as always! :beer:

I especially agree with you that the donations should be a bit more substantial, especially since there have already been a few very generous members donate some valuble items to the cause.
I have seen that in past donations such as this, that most of the time, the value of the donated items far exceeds the amount of incoming donations.

This wouldn't be to try and exclude anyone's effort to donate, but these items could be sold outright for more money, and the profits donated directly to LPF.
So let's get behind this and make this a profitable donation effort! :D

Pman

What Len said is true. Yes, it is more likely more money would come of just selling the stuff outright but I was hoping there will be enough interest in a fundraiser to breathe some life into the forum like it used to. Either way the stuff I'm offering for it is to a good cause;)
Oh and I don't think LC needs her laser verified either.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I agree with you 100%, it's definitely a good cause, just hoping this fundraiser will create a large turnout of members who want to "get lucky". ;)

What do you guys think of having more than one winner, especially if there is a large amount of donated items, maybe a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place? It might encourage more participation if there is a better chance of winning.