Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WickedLasers hacked!

as of 1:00am Asian TIme (GMT+8) i think wicker laser is on the process of rebuilding their site..

exposed they are using Ubuntu system 5.7...

whoever hacked this site... is really good..

and credit card informations are unsecured..

look at the picture..

wickedlaserhacked.jpg

Yes i agree, that would take a lot of skill

jwc

Damn. How is it possible to hack a site?! This guy must be a professional hacker with "no life"

Honestly, the pros rarely target sites like these. Usually, they target much more difficult sites because they have no interest in spending 15 minutes attacking a tiny company without heavy security.

ZRTMWA

Site's back up as of now, or at least I can see it fine.

Edit: Some of the links are still messed up. The website should be completely rebuilt by this evening.

Wicked's site never really had good security, it doesn't surprise me that this happened.

ZheolD

Why do People have to ruins someone else stuff when thay are bored or Pissed why not just send a good ol fashion hate mail, personly venting makes me feel better then destroying something :tsk:

ZRTMWA

So were they lying? :

Order Online 24 Hours a Day,
7 Days a Week, 365 Days a Year.
All personal information you submit is
encrypted and 100% secure

Guess not 100%

well if any want to know its not me.. but its not that hard to hack them.. i used to hack the pcs on my network.. not that hard at all..

here is some info that i got with a simple SQL injection

IP Address: 173.45.241.162
Port number: :80
Server location: Germany
Name: mail.slicehost.net
Sever name: unknown
Protocol used: HyperText Transfer Protocol

obvisly leaving out information.. to protect wickedlasers!

LOL and the hacker has left the connection unencryped.. so others can come and change the page if they wanted to!

how i know all this.. lets just say im pretty good with the old pc!

Did you use whois?

One of you or this site could be the next target.
NOT FUNNY OR CUTE. Hackers should have a body part hacked off.

Mike

Last edited:

Moptsp

I don't think anyone needs to worry about CC info. It really depends on how he got access to the server. Chances are all CC info is stored in a SQL database. And the MySQL server could even be else where than the wickedlasers server. But even if it was, he would still need to gain access to a different area of the server, which I would think is much harder.

And yeah they're fixing up the website now. :)

jwc

All that info was probably taken from any one of a number of DNS data gathering sites. I highly doubt he tried an SQL injection, mostly because that kind of data is so easily obtained elsewhere and is not representative of what would be in a SQL database. Databases are used to store things like purchase data. They can also be used to store site data (such as descriptions of lasers) if Wicked uses a standard CMS, but there's absolutely no need to have server data like the hosting provider in a database.

tl;dr: he probably just used any number of DNS utility sites which display standard data like that (it's all public)

Tabish

funny not you can really get into a lot of trouble doing childish things like that

Somehow I doubt it. I mean if the hacker is outside China.....rofl

It seems they are no longer selling simple pointers. Nice to see everything they have is FDA approved with 5-point saftey.

However, I think the price went up lol

Last edited:

Things

Somehow I doubt it. I mean if the hacker is outside China.....rofl

Hacking is illegal pretty much anywhere in the world (excluding a few places). Doesn't matter if you hack a website in China, or one from North Korea, it's still punishable ...