Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

wicked lasers stole my money

I bought a 2010 pulsar pro 100mw laser from wl and had problems from begining my bank had the purchase marked as fraud so I had to verify. I got the payment through and it said thankyou and asked me to do a survey. I got no confirmation email so I called them and got voicemail every time I left some messages and now it says number blocked when I call. I sent two 'tickets' through there site and got no response. I researched them here and on the web before my purchase and I haven't heard this happening before. So my question is did I get ripped off by them or not.

I even got 10% off with this banner ad promo why would LPF sponsor them if there a scam?

I've heard a lot of things about Wicked, but I can't remember ever hearing about them outright stealing someone's money. They have been known to send out sub-spec units, but are they a fraud? Not that I know of.

Last edited:
I think you could be a bit too worried and anxious, China just had a 4 day holiday, and I would continue to try them from the website's online help email as I am sure they will get back to you. If not posting would be a good idea. -Glenn

There phones are still out and no response to any messages or tickets. Anybody have any contact with them lately

Steve finaly responded saying the whole pulsar pro seris is not available to ship and he dosent no when thell be out.

Jaseth

I would have thought it quite obvious that you cannot buy the laser yet. It's name includes "2010" which appears to be next year, if you are into dates and that kind of funny stuff.
There have also been many many reviews of the new WL lasers here on LPF stating that they were not out yet.

I have to ask though.. how did you attempt to purchase it? Did you just transfer some money to them or did you buy it through some sort of form on their website?

In the case of the latter it would seem like the fault of WL to have made the laser seem available when it is not.

Either way, you should request your money refunded or, if you want, wait for the laser to come out in several months.

Seb

I bought it off their page clicked add to cart and checkout. Go look at the page for the pulsar pro it clearly states under availability In stock now! With the exclamation point.

Jaseth

I must admit that this is very misleading and it is indeed their fault. IMO you should ask for your money back and for them to remove the "In Stock Now!" notice as it is a downright lie.
If I were you I would go with another company such as Optotronics or Laserglow. You could also consider buying a custom made laser from someone on the forum.

$200 for a 80mW red pointer is completely ridiculously expensive. You can get a 200mW which can perform up to around 240mW simply by using 3.6V batteries for around $40. Look at DealExtreme: Cool Gadgets at the Right Price - Site-Wide Free Shipping (Page 1) or www.o-like.com
Granted, the design is not as nice as the WL pen, but it is 2 to 3 times the power for a fifth of the price.

If you buy a custom made on the forum from members such as likeitbright or IgorT you will get an incredibly well made, beautiful, around 320mW red laser for more or less $200 IIRC.

I would like to add 2 other points:
First of all, Hallucynogenyc, why are you spamming? You may carry some deep grudge against WL but that does not allow you to just run around feeling superior to anyone who has trouble with them.

Secondly, kingdave, you say "why would LPF sponsor them if there a scam"
This is a misunderstanding.. LPF is not sponsoring or endorsing any laser companies. LPF is an independently run, self-moderated forum. Our admin, c0ldshadow, gets a lot of the revenue which goes towards maintaining and improving the forum from selling advertising space here. He will usually remove a company ad if the LPF community does not want it (which happened to another WL banner ad, at a point where their reputation was very bad), but apart from that those who pay get to advertise. That a company has an ad here therefore usually means that they are not complete scammers, but it does not mean that they have fair prices, good service, quality products or anything else like that.

Seb

Last edited:
Hey kingdave2357...

before you come to a public Forum as a new member stating that someone
stole your money... I think you need to make a little more effort to find the
relevant info that your statement true...
You haven't even mentioned when you paid for it... or even if you have an invoice
confirmation from WL...:undecided:

From what I know of WL they are trying to change their reputation image
and this accusation makes no sense...

You are dealing with a foreign company and you can't expect them to respond
as if they were down the street... as has already been stated they have different
holidays than the rest of the globe...:cool:

You could try to leave a PM to the CEO of WL... here is his profile...
http://laserpointerforums.com/members/firestorm/

Jerry

Last edited:
you got it wrong.. LPF is not sponsoring WL..
WL is "sponsoring" LPF... by giving the forum money... for advertising them.

and yes, if the company was THAT bad... the forum wouldn't have allowed them to advertise here.

though there are always other options.. i typically choose the other options.