Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers releases "open source" laser

Trevor

your always tinkering Trevor you and arg have been very busy put your feet up and relax knock back a few cold ones lol

Me tinkering and me relaxing often are the same thing. :)

Trevor

Me tinkering and me relaxing often are the same thing. :)

Trevor
Well tinker away, its great when you have something that you like doing and you get paid to do it, its a simple secret ,find something in life you really enjoy and your good at and then work out a way to get someone to pay you to do it for them .

Last edited:
I ordered mine.

I wanted a different functionality on the smartswitch of the Arctic, and I suggested at the time that they could open source the controller. :)

For me, I want "off on release" so that the beam is off if the switch isn't being held.
Seemed obvious but that's not how the arctic works.

Nothing too interesting in the schematic, and I certainly wouldn't have used a PIC (gak..) but I've done PIC code before and I guess I'll be doing it again.

Great, so now even MORE idiots that know nothing about lasers can claim to be "laser pros" because "i have the wicked lasers blah blah and i control it from my iphone cuz apple is the best ever". yayyyy....i can do the same thing...just press the frickin button on your laser really fast...

Things

I see people telling their friends to look into the laser, while they stand back and enable it from the smartphone. I hope Wicked had a bit more sense than to allow that.

ARG

I see people telling their friends to look into the laser, while they stand back and enable it from the smartphone. I hope Wicked had a bit more sense than to allow that.

Idiots will find a way, if not lasers they'll likely hurt themselves with home made explosives.

Have you guys also seen that WL relesed a 2W Artic to most likely match the competition?

But at $600, that is still a huge scam :beer:

So many bad things can come of this. Any person using it can commit malicious acts without being caught, I don't know, pointing it down an airport runway? pointing in to someones window? a public event? Then run away and safely use it with no risk of being caught.

would be great if some lpf users reverse engineered it all and sold their own though

Great, so now even MORE idiots that know nothing about lasers can claim to be "laser pros" because "i have the wicked lasers blah blah and i control it from my iphone cuz apple is the best ever". yayyyy....i can do the same thing...just press the frickin button on your laser really fast...

That just made my day :crackup: