Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers - lying about tracking info

I still can't get my promised extra goggles or lens cleaning kit from them, nor have they replied to me about the battery situation. They have lied to us since day one, so why should they stop now?? I for one would welcome them going under, they are single handed given Asian companies a bad rap.

Apparently customs doesn't have any offices down by the boarder nor enough stickers to wrap around the heads of the illegals sneaking in....... so yes

this is what happened the last time border patrol taped an immigrants head. although this immigrant seems european.:crackup::crackup:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 2,283
Hi Danefex,
I highly doubt anyone will get the double money back guarantee or even get their money back period. I heard through the grapevine a couple weeks ago that WL hasn't been paying their vendors and is about to fold.
We shall see.

Hi Bootleg... Would you care to link your source? Hearing things through the grapevine doesn't generally justify what's really happening. Anyone could post 'zomg WL said they're closing, get your money back!!!' so please forgive me for taking what you're saying lightly.

Hi Bootleg... Would you care to link your source? Hearing things through the grapevine doesn't generally justify what's really happening. Anyone could post 'zomg WL said they're closing, get your money back!!!' so please forgive me for taking what you're saying lightly.
Hi Danefex,
Until we have proof of fact, take it lightly, like I said, we shall see.
It was from one of my vendors I heard it and this vendor was not a WL supplier, but they have been a good source in the past. You have to admit, WL has really gone downhill lately in both their customer service and ability to ship product, not that they were ever stellar to begin with and it may or may not be related and with US Customs & border patrol putting a strangle hold on their shipments to the US does not help a bit.

If you go to the import alert/ watch list.
http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cms_ia/importalert_254.html
You'll see WL and their extra phony company names/addresses listed 4-5 times, they have it out for them big time.

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more with you about WL and what they've done to their reputation. Like many, I will also not deal with them again after I get my S3 Arctic I ordered back on June 20th. I'm not going to :horse: on that one....

Whatever the case is with them possibly closing sometime soon or not, I sure as hell hope it's not before I luck out & receive my order.

Welcome to the HORSE-S**T world of Wicked Lasers. Lottsa luck, you'll need it pal !!!

Welcome to the HORSE-S**T world of Wicked Lasers. Lottsa luck, you'll need it pal !!!

Well, this is kind of a repost from another thread. I finally got a hold of Wicked Lasers, and they gave me my tracking number for order number 492xx ordered on 6/14/2010. It cleared customs through JFK on Thursday evening, so I expect it to show up at some point early next week. East Coast seems to be getting more through customs, thank goodness.

It does seem like they can only make a hundred, maybe two hundred of these a week. With a backlog of 10,000+, it is going to be a while before they get them all out the door.

That being said, I am not really happy with their business practice of saying something is developed and in stock when it isn't. I am not happy with them saying they are shipping next week, when they are not. I am not happy with them saying it has shipped, when it has not.

So it is unlikely that I will do business through them ever again. I am happier with RayFoss and O-Like.

I am glad I got out when I did, seems like it's not getting any better.

When I first came to this forum in 08 everyone HATED Wicked with a passion. Then some time went buy and I took a break from this place for a few months. I came back to find that people all of a sudden favored Wicked and a few pretty good reviews of their lasers turn up.

But ever since the Arctic came out they're now back on the shit list. I think that since they were flooded with orders they rushed productions and the product quality suffered. They're now facing lawsuits for copyright issues, they get a billion emails a day from people asking where their laser is or requesting refunds. They're trying to get signatures to get them out of deep shit with Lucasfilms but advertising it as "liberty for lasers" in red white and blue colors, playing it off as an attempt to make them legal in the US, when that isn't even the point of the issue. So are you really surprised to see all of the shit that comes from them?

IMO their way of doing business and dealing with costumers is even worse than the quality of their products.

I've never done business with them, and never will.

-Tony

rever

Wicked Lasers sure were slow to deliver...

I ordered my Arctic Laser on 9 July. I finally received confirmation of my purchase from WL on 10 August with an expected shipping date of approx. 6 more weeks. On 26 August I was sent a ship date of 27 September. The package arrived via UPS on 30 September.

Did you know:
Floppy disks stink when you burn holes through them :D

Wicked Lasers sure were slow to deliver...

I ordered my Arctic Laser on 9 July. I finally received confirmation of my purchase from WL on 10 August with an expected shipping date of approx. 6 more weeks. On 26 August I was sent a ship date of 27 September. The package arrived via UPS on 30 September.

Did you know:
Floppy disks stink when you burn holes through them :D

Did you know:
It's also toxic!

So, a quick update. It arrived on Saturday via regular mail.

No additional lenses for effects or focusing like I added onto the order, but since they haven't charged me for the laser, I'll just let that one lie.

I did get conflicting messages after I submitted a live chat message, which directed me to enter a support ticket. Joe N. told me it was seized by customs. He replied at Friday at around 7:30 responding to the live chat message, and told me they would be shipping another. At 10:45, Iya told me the tracking number when she responded to the support ticket, that tracking number was correct, and it arrived as promised.

It's more powerful than any other laser I have seen live or owned. It's gorgeous, and I am really glad I have LaserVision's excellent goggles to wear over my glasses. I'm still scared to use it in my house. I'm very glad it has both the low power mode and the training lens.

It definitely has a bar shape to the dot. I haven't tried burning anything yet, but I know it will do it.

update on this - WL provided me with a correct tracking ID ..however it doesnt correspond with what they told me.

WL advised it shipped on 26th, or 27th ..however shipping info says

2010-09-30 22:28:19 SHANGHAI Despatch from Sorting Center

whatever that means exactly ..

the little boy waits for an update