Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers Lunar and Inferno

Yeah companies want to follow a high profit margin but when its at the expense of the customer, sooner or later they will catch on and the company will sink. Apple is all about me me me me and look I have an Apple so I can afford it. Apples competitors are about listening to the customers and adding what they want, plus at a reasonable price and with good CS. Ever brought something into the "genius" bar? How bad was your wallet hurting after you left, that's the only thing "genius" to Apple is how they can take your money and consumers not care. At least Apple provides decent products, which is more than WL can say.

WL may be better now but so many people have been screwed over by them, its hard for those people to willingly give WL another chance. Only way I'd ever use a WL product is if they sent it to me for free. Same with Apple, I'd rather pay $200 to get a new Android than use a free iPhone 5s

EDIT: Plus idk if WL realizes but heat does not mean light. The reason why there flashlights can burn paper is because it is a halogen bulb, which are 100% inefficient and produce mass amounts of heat but not much light. High powered LEDs on the other hand create less heat and way more light. I'd love to see a member of the forum, who has flashlights, receive a WL torch and compare them. I bet my butt off that WL fails in every aspect other than generating heat.

Smeer, what other lights do you have in this collection of yours?

Last edited:

Encap

Safe to say all profit on any product is at the expense of the consumer along with all manufacturing costs.

Times change, companies change, prices change, products change.

Smeerworst is enjoying his hobby and has a lot of great lasers. Is unfair to take him to task because you take issue with WL prices. It is to his credit Smeerworst obtained several new generation WL pieces from them using his photo skills.

The pieces he has reviewed seem to be atttractive OK products with many things going for them. I have enjoyed his reviews.
Beyond a great looking host, the features and accessories WL has come up with make them fun and entertaining for people who buy them.

WL has had it's problems--yes over priced, yes questionable marketing statements albeit best and most agressive marketing of any company out there. The reasons for their huge success nowithstanding, WL has championed hobby lasers products and are the reason much in field ncluding this forum has happened at all.

Last edited:
I thought there was a review on here of a Torch including lumen output reaching 4100... :thinking: somewhere on here. LED museum perhaps?

Smeer, what other lights do you have in this collection of yours?

Polarion PH 40 Helios
and Olight sr 90

Then i quited collecting ^^ sinds these were both excelent.

The torch is only designed for burning in mind...
But perhaps with the new reflector and some other unknow changes, it might be a good thrower aswell.

Last edited:
Seriously guys, lay off Smeer. He's a nice guy and you don't really have the right to judge his tastes (or Apple's fans either!). I'm quite sure all of us have one or another taste that few people agree with.

I'm also curious which cheaper flashlight has better output than WL's. I'd really like to get one but their price is quite high.

The torch is only designed for burning in mind...

I'm also curious which cheaper flashlight has better output than WL's. I'd really like to get one but their price is quite high.

Based on that statement, I'd say anything with an modern LED, reflector and decently driven would be better. Fenix TK61, Barracuda, X10, K40, K50, S200C2, TN31, TN35, etc..... all either cheaper or around the same price and IMO would be better options for a flashlight. WL wins in generating heat, hands down.

BTW I have zero against smeer and I know he is a good guy. I've dealt with him before and would gladly do it again. I just dont agree with WL what so ever and obviously Apple is in the same boat. Im just going to laugh in 3 years when Apple sinks since they don't have Mr. Job's ideas anymore. Steve was Apple, without Steve and his ideas, there will be no more Apple........just my opinion and time will tell

In the end, unless its compared to several other lights we will never know. I'd love to see IE compare his lights to the WL, then we'd get an honest 3rd party opinion. Not saying smeer wouldn't give his but IE isnt involved in this convo and has no skin in the game.

You might have to consider that burning *is* a nice feature of the torch. I sure as hell would like a flashlight that burns better than our best handheld lasers!

BTW: if you consider android's creepy "data mining" good customer service then I'll be damned :p it's the only reason I stay with Apple, but unfortunately I agree it's getting worse after Steve Jobs left this world.

I didnt know about "data mining" but on the other hand, why would I care. I have nothing on my phone that I wouldnt share with other people. Dont search for illegal things on the internet, ***t or anything out of the ordinary. Also for the people who dont believe the govt doesnt already monitor everything we do online and our PC/laptops, well I feel sorry for them. Its nothing new and IMO who cares unless you have something to hide. All of this is way off topic so back to the topic :whistle:

BTW I think a lighter is a better "torch" than a massive WL brick, heck its better than even the best laser we can build. Also dont see how waiting 60 seconds for a flashlight to burn a piece of paper is better than a 2W 445nm in a C6/501b host that can do it in just a few seconds AND fit in our pocket. I will say that yes it is cool but its nothing I'd spend $200 on. I have lasers for that if I want.

Again, I am not taking anyones side here since I agree with points on both sides. I will however probably never agree with WL and think they have done way more damage to our hobby than they do good. Its hard for them to be on my good side after the damage and lack of responsibility they have shown in the past. They could change my mind but it'd take a lot

Thank you all for giving me back the good fealing i'm giving back to the forum in any possible way.

I just like collecting the old ones ... ''classic ones'' and these don't come from WL themselfs... I talk months to people as they are rare and collecting them.

Got two torches comming this way, and will do a field comparrison.

Only then i can say if it's worth it or not.... But i have in mind that this is designed for burning ''hench the used source''
But from old video's of the old torch... i have high hopes ^^ Higher then the phosforce will ever do.

OT: Just recieved a 808nm Wicked laser pro pointer doing >500mW (just for collecting purpose)

It's the old ones that makes it a challenge to get... and those i want.
I think it's the only company that made lasers this way back in time and in new hosts to come.... making it more fun to collect.
How about a Spyder I with 1W 405 inside it..... that's how i think. (*Ofcourse when it's not working anymore*)
But trying to get one of those host ... brrrrr .... thank god i found one :)

Last edited:
Trust me, I know the desire to collect things. I collect Motocross/Supercross jerseys and number plates. I really want to grab stuff from the riders rookie year but when most riders were rookies, they didnt give away their jerseys and plates. Its hard to find but when you do, you snag it. Just bought a few plates last week. They came up at the worst time ever since I sold my lasers to pay for medical bills but I couldn't let them get away, I'd never have the chance to own them again.

Im just lucky I sold enough stuff to be able to still pay the bills but now I have to recoup that money for next month. I have my fingers crossed that Jason Anderson now wins the SX West Title since he was one of the riders I got a plate for :D

Trust me, I know the desire to collect things. I collect Motocross/Supercross jerseys and number plates. I really want to grab stuff from the riders rookie year but when most riders were rookies, they didnt give away their jerseys and plates. Its hard to find but when you do, you snag it. Just bought a few plates last week. They came up at the worst time ever since I sold my lasers to pay for medical bills but I couldn't let them get away, I'd never have the chance to own them again.

Im just lucky I sold enough stuff to be able to still pay the bills but now I have to recoup that money for next month. I have my fingers crossed that Jason Anderson now wins the SX West Title since he was one of the riders I got a plate for :D

Hehe ''motor'' crossing fingers for you too... just becouse i'm that kind of guy ^^

:beer:

I check my account everytime aswell, but some things i just can't let go...

Having my eye on a Silver polished pulsar laser... so i can reunite them with the rest:
KIiFMlS.jpg

It will look nice (for collecting purpose) with the dragon case i got on route with the original Pulsar version before the silver polished version was released.

Last edited:
I'm sure you've seen this and want one but just in case yo havent

Wicked Lasers Sonar II Blue Ray Pointer | eBay

EDIT: is this the one you have your eye on? MINE :crackup:

Wicked Lasers Sonar II Blue Ray Pointer | eBay

No.... it's to worn and the price is way too high.... + it's not silver.
But forget about it... sinds it's rolling and having a few hours left..
Let me have my joy ^^ LOL CRACKING UP hahahaah ''serious''

No it's not the one you linked too.

Let me phrase it to you this way... i can buy 10 dirt bikes, but i think it's a waste of money.... I can ride something that gives.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that Pulsar Pro was the one I sold off on eBay a while ago... and that Sonar has been on eBay off and on for like a year now...

I'm pretty sure that Pulsar Pro was the one I sold off on eBay a while ago... and that Sonar has been on eBay off and on for like a year now...

The pulsar is on route.....

I asked for some back tracking of the unit....

Today i also recieved these :D

Great Novelty......

vfApFI3.jpg

Would make for a nice rechargable laser host..

Last edited: