Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers Krypton "1W"

And a lot of the time the package goes "missing"... (Not directed at wicked, just packages sent as returns to HK or China in general).

I am kind of a newbie here,but i would like to add a few remarks and comments of my own.Now ,on the outside and aesthetically,the Krypton Arctic or Wicked lasers products might look quite appealing and mesmerizing in general, to the average Joe out in the consumer world,but you`re talking to people who actually have wide knowledge and a pretty good idea, as to what goes into a 1w laser or into designing and making one,as far as parts,labor and craftsmanship is concerned.
Now in a country,possibly the cheapest country in the world where, if mass produced and purchased, the cost including labor ,would be no more than 100usd total,including every single part that the Kyrpton is made from.In a country where labor is attainable for 10- 20 cents an hour to build these units,it seems a little unfair or even criminal, to charge such obscene and outrages prices for a product that is not only under spec,but doesn`t even necessarily use premium brand name quality products,such as Osram, Siemens,Sanyo,Pioneer etc circuitry and electronics in their products.The absolute cost of the awsome Iphone 4s is about 300usd,that sells for 700usd retail,how can a crummy laser like Kyrpton which probably costs no more than 50usd to build have a sale price of anything above 200-300usd.I go about logic and common sense.A reasonable price for the Kyrpton would be 350usd max for its 750mw laser.It is alwaysgood to sell a product that is understated in its specs as opposed to overstate them which is of course a marketing jargon and tactics that many companies use today to lure consumers.However one famous exception might be BMW where they have always understated their 0-60mph figures with their cars.
As a smart consumer and former a Wicked laser owner,i would not pay 900usd for the 750mw Kyrpton,however their introductory price of 199 for the Arctic was acceptable back then.349 for the Kyrpton is a reasonable price for a poor quality mass produced solely Chinese product with inferior internal parts and electronics.Don`t know if anyone has taken apart a Krypton or anyone would like to do the honors,but i can assure you,you`re not going to find many German Japanese or quality parts in it.That i know because one time Laserglow took a few apart before.As for Laserglow and their pricing they are on drugs themselves.It is amazing how people get away with ripping,naive and uninformed and educated people off in the USA and the West in general:)That is humans to you.Now if Toshiba or Pioneer had a handheld laser for sale for 600-800usd then i might give it a closer look.Simple as that.Yes we know they don`t make hand held lasers.I`m saying Wicked Lasers is no high quality engineering or electronics company.Just another venture start up company in Shanghai or HongKong,who with some good promotion and sale tactics manage to capitalize on the trends and times,that made them huge money with little input.Either than that it is just another regular Chinese laser shop with a little more flare than your average DIY laser project on this forum.Bottom line i`d take Daguin,Jrob,Igor lasers over Wicked any day.If these guys had the resources and budgets that Wicked had,they would create wonders i`m sure for a lot less.

Last edited:
I must be blessed. I have occasionally ordered lasers from WL and I have never been disappointed. Maybe Steve knows me from here but I have never been allowed to speak with him when I call.
I am happy with my few WL hand held devices.
HMike

You are welcome to buy it... no one will stop you
from spending your hard earned $$$$...:D
But please don't expect a 1000mW model to
actually output 1000mW....:crackup::crackup:

Jerry

Jerry

You are welcome to buy it... no one will stop you
from spending your hard earned $$$$...:D
But please don't expect a 1000mW model to
actually output 1000mW....:crackup::crackup:

Jerry

Jerry

You're right about the 1000 mW being a lie, but that's only part of the story. I still think 1000$ for 750 mW of green is great value. My RPL 450 cost me 1300 bucks and a LG of similar power would cost me around 1700 $. I don't even know of any handheld 532's that average in the 1000 mW range...

jakeGT

Yeah you have a good point^^^^......... Not many 532nm green handheld lasers average or can lase at a steady 1,000mW but apparently WL has an endless supply of them on tap. That's like saying well they don't really exist but WL still sells it.

There aren't many 1,000mW handheld 532s but there are a hell of a lot of them rated for 1W

Listen you read my opinion right WL has no argument,contest or defense period.1w for 1k or rather 600mw for 1k usd with a 5min duty cycle:)Is a no go scam of all scams.

Take a look! Green Laser Pointer 1 Watt | S3 Krypton | Spyder III | Wicked Lasers
It appears WL has now addressed every issue that has been brought up about the way they market the Krypton series. They now list the Krypton lasers by the minimum guaranteed output, they already had added more models reducing the output range of the previous models. Now that they have the models listed by the guaranteed minimum output are we going to be claiming their lasers are Overspec? Based on my previous logic I would have to say no. The spec is the listed range of output they published in the specifications section. Although according to others logic this would now make all of the Krypton laser OVERSPEC! Nicely done WL. It seems they are following the forum pretty closely because everything some of our members have taken issue with regarding the Krypton has been addressed and changed. Awesome.

Last edited:

jakeGT

It would appear that somebody has been watching LPF, and HOPEfULLY went back to business 101 and figured out if you treat customers like shit there gonna talk alot of shit and do whatever they can to deter people from your utter shit.

I do think it's awesome that they changed their specs. It needed to be done so people wouldn't be taken for a fiddle and a fool.

Edit: they SERIOUSLY need to change the description. They are telling people to look directly into their lasers pretty much......

Under review by Guinness World records, the Spyder 3 Krypton is the world's brightest handheld laser. Our Earth's atmosphere ends at 62 miles, but the Krypton goes beyond as it breaks through our atmosphere, into outer space. With its extreme range of 85 miles, the S3 Krypton is the first and only handheld laser visible from outer space. Directly viewing the dot of *the Krypton <1W laser (86 million lux) will appear over 8,000 times brighter than looking directly at the sun. Safety goggles are a must.

Last edited:
Now that makes more sense... I agree with their change in
advertising tactics..
That is much more honest... Can't wait for someone to
buy a high powered krypton and see what the actual
output really is.

I'm just curious what they are going to do about all the
other customers that had been shafted before this more
honest change.......

Jerry

Last edited:

jakeGT

Yeah, send them an email saying you dumb son of a bitch you should've waited a few more months to buy your krypton.... Because we just now learned what business ethics are!

Last edited:

Lase

I can't seem to find their 1W version anymore. 750mW is the max they're selling.

Lase

The 750mW version IS their 1W. It has a minimum guaranteed output of 750mW and a Maximum output of 1W. It used to be labeled per the maximum output but they have since changed their labeling system to the minimum output. And they never promised 1W. They have always clearly listed the specs of the Krypton series. The only "promise" or guarantee they made was the minimum output power.

Last edited: