Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers Haters Club ?

jamilm9 said:
how are you going to get a 237nm laser diode? :-[

Not any time soon. After I heard they will be coming out with 237nm 5.6mm laser diodes. I went ahead and put it on my build list. :)

Midknight said:
[quote author=SenKat_Stonetek link=1213325146/24#25 date=1213766757][quote author=Midknight link=1213325146/24#24 date=1213761260]Who is wicked lasers distributer for the Spyder II series?

Huh ? Wicked lasers distributes them.... I think there may be a few affiliates out there that sell them as well...is that what you were asking ?[/quote]

I thought they had a distributer for the Spyder series. Isn't that also why they charge $40 for shipping. Also when I contacted them about purchasing an empty Spyder II host. They said they will contact their distributer to see if they have any Spyder II hosts in stock.[/quote]

Well, according to everything I have heard, you have been mislead I think ! Now - just like YOU heard that, I HEARD the rest of it, so it is really anyone's guess I suppose. The story I have heard is that Wicked has a manufacturer that exclusively produces Wicked items. Maybe that is what the rep meant instead of distributor ? Dunno !

I mostly agree with FrothyChimp, Buyer Beware! However, I dislike that which hurts our hobby! I feel that too much use of over inflated claims and hype makes for disappointment. I like the Core Laser and the Dragon Case, and believe a few other folks got really nice lasers from Wicked (and, yeah, I have an Evo -15 bought second hand and does 50 mW), but lots and lots of people were over promised and under delivered. That is bad business.

A fool and his money are soon parted, and the fool is by no means a victim. Anyone who is willing to invest > $100 in a laser ought to check the field before purchasing. Wicked Lasers doesn't have a monopoly, and there are a lot of choices available, not to mention the wide availability of sources like LPF where you can read somewhat biased reviews of companies, or just ask for suggestions.

Then again, it might not matter anyway. For many people, it's not about value or that last mW from that laser, but the fact that they have a powerful laser. Their friends can oo and ah at their laser, and the pricetag they can cite only sweetens the "prestige" of the laser. It's like name-brand clothing, or diamonds: you're paying extra for little additional value, but in the end you're not buying it for that. Wicked Lasers has its place.

I have never actually bought from them but my reason for hating them is:

Reciculous prices for low powered lasers
Repeat claims to have the most powerful lasers when it is far from true
Absolute crap service
Dodgey specs
Heard really bad storys about broken and damaged lasers

On the upside they do seam generous giving out freebies all be it a damaged broken 5mw greenie that you have to buy 10 'powerful' lasers.

Ace82

I personally have no direct experiences with WL or DL for that matter, kinda just stayed clear because of the obvious "trash talk" about them. Reputation has a HUGE impact on how a company does business, and I was no fool. I've heard several nasty things about the company, many proven FACTS about their products and customer service exercising piss-poor practices at best. I've made a few critical judgmental comments based on some of the threads bashing/mocking their "live chat" and other aspects of their customer service, and it seems pretty clear that they false advertise. I am a man of honor and truth, even in the corrupt society of the dollar bill, (I am a business man myself) I find truth most admirable.

I voted neither.

Murudai said:
And I don't regret any of those purchases. Only maybe the Fusion, after finding that there is similarly powered lasers for cheaper. But it is still a beautiful laser, very good quality and it's favorite, I can't wait for my power meter to arrive so I can test it :)

And the power meter did arrived, and I did test it. Guess what the readings were for this 125mW laser?

80mW peak, 50-60mW average.

I revise all comments I made on the quality of WL products. An average output half that of advertised is just appalling, especially considering the price of this unit. I'm going to keep returning it until I either get a refund or something that doesn't suck.

Razako

Murudai said:
[quote author=Murudai link=1213325146/0#1 date=1213326088]
And I don't regret any of those purchases. Only maybe the Fusion, after finding that there is similarly powered lasers for cheaper. But it is still a beautiful laser, very good quality and it's favorite, I can't wait for my power meter to arrive so I can test it :)

And the power meter did arrived, and I did test it. Guess what the readings were for this 125mW laser?

80mW peak, 50-60mW average.

I revise all comments I made on the quality of WL products. An average output half that of advertised is just appalling, especially considering the price of this unit. I'm going to keep returning it until I either get a refund or something that doesn't suck.
[/quote]
How are you going to return it with the laser ban in place?

Ah, and the secret plan will be revealed ;)

I should be able to export it okay, since the law is for imports. So it'll get to Wicked fine.

But when they try to return it, no doubt customs will pick it up. Now, I direct you to this part of their FAQ: http://www.wickedlasers.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=37&nav=0,4

If it doesn't arrive, I get a full refund and 100 Wicked Bucks! :D

Pure genius :cool:

EDIT: Oh, and I went to LC and made a topic about it. In my topic though, I just said that I must of been sent an 'Extreme 55mW' laser instead of a Fusion. I mean that's completely harmless, I'm sure when all the laser models look exactly the same there can be shipping errors some times. So you know what they did? They banned the new account I made and IP banned the proxy I was using >_<

MB500

I'm happy with my WL products. Overpowered laser actually. Even if you don't like them, you can't argue that they at least bring more attention to lasers.

Why do I hate WL, banning me from their forum for asking a legit question. Almost sucking me into buying their crappy tripod that they show on display thats made of metal and shinny chrome when its really made out of cheep plastic. Selling underpowered units, WAY overpriced items like their Photonic Disruptor that is basicaly a 100mw Fusion with a ruber coat on the laser with two O-Rings and a Plano convex lens and it costs over 200$ more. And the list goes on and on...

Well the jig is up Greg, did you cash Wicked Lasers check yet, or do you actually have to help them increase sales first? ;D ;D ;D

I'm going to say that I don't like them, but I do have to give them SOME credit... they have some of the best casings I've ever seen. But that only proves one thing...

It is actually possible to polish a turd. ;D

MB500 said:
I'm happy with my WL products. Overpowered laser actually. Even if you don't like them, you can't argue that they at least bring more attention to lasers.

Look at the news and then tell me you still think that's a good thing.

Yeah, Wicked do have some damn slick looking lasers. But you have to pay through the ass to get one. [smiley=wink.gif]

dingle

My main issue with them is simply the output of their lasers. They should test their units before sending them out to make sure they put out the amount they are advertised to put out.

Also, having a forum about lasers in general but not allowing other laser companies to be discussed is simply immoral.

electron said:
Well the jig is up Greg, did you cash Wicked Lasers check yet, or do you actually have to help them increase sales first? ;D ;D ;D

Wow - you don't give up, do you ? Get a life, pitiful little asswipe.