Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers Evolution Pro 125 mW

Ok I was another one of the lucky recipiants of the new pro units
unit arrived from ups today packaged well as for now unit performs very good
as the graph indicated a rock steady unit at 144 mW ,

compared to my cni x100 is simular in brightness my cni is 121 average
as tested with duracell pro's very close to the 144 my kenometer showed 142 mw average
with about 157 peak

the divergence is super great and up close a really nice burner

pop balloons -yes

matches yes

flash paper yes

test info ser # GLP 9020985

mean 144.8 mW

Std dev. 7.276 mW

Min 88.18 mW

Max 153.4 mW

pretty steady i think I currently own 3 wicked type units i a core 5mw greenie leadlight type that worked very nice until i put my 6x in it lol

Techlaser infinity 95 had a button issue that i repaired myself -warranty was up
And now after a 1 year ago pot mod does 105 mW plus

and now this evo pro i will use periodically to see how it lasts
from what I can tell it runs about 600.00 usd a tad bit high for the regular enthusiust
but from what I am seeing is a quality made unit

it looks like Wicked has made a big change in thier testing proceedures
because with a graph included that seems to match my findings
this will help thier quality and name tremendously

my personal rating

Quality 9 of course nothing is perfect

Performance 9.3-this thing performs great

Price 7.5 -a bit high but if it holds up well worth it

I will update this thread if anything signifigant happens to my new FREE UNIT YESSSSSSSSSS

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 8382

Erm, honestly, I think wickedlasers is trying to buy us. I've heard kenom saying that 600$ for a 150mW green laser was just a bit overpriced, now I heard you saying the price is fair?

Come on, rayfoss sells the same at 150$!

Yours,
Albert

ok realize i also have two other lasers that cost over 1,000 each
and have been told that they are not worth it ,am I comparing
to Viasho or optotronics no its a nice little unit and i will put it to the test
by using it as i would my other lasers

was it nice that it was free heck yea
would i pay 600.00 maybe maybe not note the 7.5 rating on price

i had same model ^^

Broke the knob
Battery rattle
Sticker don't fit

Thats about the only con i see.

Erm, honestly, I think wickedlasers is trying to buy us. I've heard kenom saying that 600$ for a 150mW green laser was just a bit overpriced, now I heard you saying the price is fair?

Come on, rayfoss sells the same at 150$!

Yours,
Albert

I think everyone is being spoiled by the cheap mass produced lasers and is forgetting that there are units out there way above and beyond what is offered in the bargain shops.

Give wicked some credit.
Sure they are a little pricey... but if they could tighten up on QC they would have an awesome lineup of products. If you can't afford it, just stay away.
What rayfoss sells is not nearly the same as what is offered at Opto, CNI, DL, LG, or even WL for that matter.

Even those who have never owned a WL HATE them. There is no reason. They are doing fair business as of late, and there is nothing wrong with sending out units for review. As a matter of fact, I am VERY jealous of those that got to review such pretty things. :D

what about an opto 150 ? its not 600.00 put those two head to head . . .and see if the 450.00 difference is "worth it" John

or then again we could just be happy for you :)

D

Deleted member 8382

erm what? john lawson got one with 1.9mrad, where's the "high quality"? Come on, don't even compare optotronics with wicked lasers lol

ZRTMWA

I would take a free laser from WL. How long do you think it will take to make 2800 crap posts and promise WL I will make a review? :)

Seriously though how did you guys get on the WL free lasers bandwagon?

D

Deleted member 8382

I would take a free laser from WL. How long do you think it will take to make 2800 crap posts and promise WL I will make a review? :)

Seriously though how did you guys get on the WL free lasers bandwagon?
easy, they looked for veterans that had power meters and that didn't usually blame them

We can only work with what we have been given. If we are asked to review a laser, and it is good, we can't give it a bad review because other people have had problems with wicked lasers. The pricing is a personal thing - some think it is worth it, others do not. I think it is worth it, and if I have $600 spare, I would seriously consider buying one, for a number of reasons, not least the fact that it runs on AA batteries, and it looks damn awesome.

dont kid yourself..

your not going to a free one by saying you'd get one @600.00

erm what? john lawson got one with 1.9mrad, where's the "high quality"? Come on, don't even compare optotronics with wicked lasers lol

ok just rechecked against my rpl @ 20 foot i think i did it wrong earlier

rpl 375 .9 mrad---------1,200 usd

rpl 473 .8 mrad---------1,000 usd

evo pro 1.2 mrad-------FREE-BEE usd

i was measuring complete glare of unit not as good as a rpl but acceptable I guess

Last edited:

ixfd64

It's definitely promising when four different reviewers are saying that they got good units. However, there is one important point: since Wicked knows it is sending out "review" units, it most likely made sure the reviewers got good units. Thus, we need to see some reviews from "normal" buyers (i.e., those that are not specifically chosen by Wicked) before we can prove that Wicked has really improved its QA.