Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers Arctic Dissected

Many of these posts exceed my screen width. I can't or won't read them.
Stop posting in HDTV Please.

HMike

Mike, if you are using Internet explorer you can hit CTRL - to zoom out or CTRL + to zoom in.

Many of these posts exceed my screen width. I can't or won't read them.
Stop posting in HDTV Please.

Doesn't your browser have a zoom mode that you could size it down on the fly with? Even I don't have a massive monitor compared to some others (1440x900), and they fit in my screen.

EDIT: Too late...

Last edited:
That's not the point. Crop or resize the images down to 1024px or 800px wide. We don't need to see or download 6MP photos unless we want to print them at 8x10".

boscoj

so it is the Nichia A130/140 diode? there aren't any others are there?

what about Nichia production rejects?

jsyco

bummed

What a shame that one of the coolest looking factory units of all time is such a POS ! Hopefully WL will get their poop in a group and component quality and assembly will improve because I definitely want one of theses at some point. Thanks TheGr8Revealing, because reviews like this and all the posts about failures and under-spec units will eventually kill or improve this dissapointment from WL.

rathat

I really want one, I don't know if it's worth the price anymore though, should I still get one?
I like the look and I really like the smartswitch, but at $340 with shipping, I'm just not sure, what about WL's other lasers, the sonar is a great price now.

I really want one, I don't know if it's worth the price anymore though, should I still get one?
I like the look and I really like the smartswitch, but at $340 with shipping, I'm just not sure, what about WL's other lasers, the sonar is a great price now.

Absolutely not. You can get one built for you for much cheaper. Such as Jayrobs Solar thingy... cant remember the name of it.

Focusable too.

rathat

It's really the smartswitch thats the seller for me, I would love to have a low power mode.
but which laser are you recommending exactly?

Things

Whats the point of a smartswitch if the laser doesn't work? :p

Nice teardown BTW, shows how rush built these lasers really were.

rathat

I'd like to be able to use it in the house without blinding people from the refection, on low power, I could just be careful with it and it's all good.

I knew at this point however that it would be nearly impossible for me to short the caps on the Acrtic driver and hook up a good diode.

If you had access to the output connections of the driver couldn't you have used a resistor across the positive and negative output to drain any remaining current from the caps? You shouldn't have needed to directly short each cap on the driver, right, or am I misreading something? Anyway, sorry to hear that it died so soon.

Jorad

Boy does that thing ever look like a lightsaber.... if he did send a C&D just say you were copying star wars...