Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked laser fantastic service

Yeah it's a bit like Apple... they have sooo much money that they can just send replacements for free

Last edited:

daguin

I cannot help but look very suspiciously at a member who has not posted in the forum since October of 2010 and then "returns" to the forum feeling compelled to tell us how much better WL is now.

I am especially suspicious when that members "review" contains superlatives and exaggerations

He hasn't thought about us for 2.5 YEARS and returns sounding like most of WL's marketing copy

Sounds like somebody got some sort of "deal" to get a positive post on here

Peace,
dave

**EDIT** -- When you say you got "another Arctic" are you comparing this one to your memory of the one you had to RMA way back in Aug of 2010? Also, are you comparing this laser to the three year old Spartan from your review?

Last edited:
Hmm i think i was the first that replyed on FB to help you out :D

Lol maybe.

When you say you got "another Arctic" are you comparing this one to your memory of the one you had to RMA way back in Aug of 2010? Also, are you comparing this laser to the three year old Spartan from your review?

That's kinda weird. I also had to RMA my first Arctic back in August of 2010, and got a Spartan right after.

norbyx

Well I have two WL an artic and a krypton and in my personal opinion they are among the nicest lasers I have. I really don't care if they are up to spec or not, I just like them as the lasers they are.

That's kinda weird. I also had to RMA my first Arctic back in August of 2010, and got a Spartan right after.
You're missing Dave's point.... It's not about RMAs.

I agree with Dave's evaluation of the events... They are
spot on.

Jerry

You're missing Dave's point.... It's not about RMAs.

I agree with Dave's evaluation of the events... They are
spot on.

Jerry

I'm not missing the point at all, as I was only commenting on the similar timeframes, and nothing else.

I guess if you don't really mind the underspec, WL's lasers can be quite decent

I guess if you don't really mind the underspec, WL's lasers can be quite decent

That's kinda like saying .
"I don't don't care if my car only does 90 hp instead of the stated 450hp or the car door just fell off. COS I HAVE SPINNY CHROME RIMS!!!"

But then again. How many people out there actually cares about the tech's specification..
Even if they cared , would they go as far as to having the dedication to investigate and understand the mechanism...
In the end , what most people want is a laser that is "kool" .

its dirty biz ,but then again.. Can we blame them?
They don't really LOVE lasers , they are a megacorporation that only wants your money...
Sad , but the only way they'll change is for people to realize how crap their machines are behind all the hype and marketting.

Last edited:
Sadly, their popularity spread much faster...

There's also some kind of limit you can spend your time ensuring on tech specs... beam alignment to the host, operating temperature, degree of water resistance, quality of AR coating on optics and internals, beam polarization and longitudinal modes, etc...

Plus, there are so many factors that affect the output power of the laser... at some point, it's just better to forget all the details and enjoy what you have

Last edited:
Sadly, their popularity spread much faster...

There's also some kind of limit you can spend your time ensuring on tech specs... beam alignment to the host, operating temperature, degree of water resistance, quality of AR coating on optics and internals, beam polarization and longitudinal modes, etc...

Plus, there are so many factors that affect the output power of the laser... at some point, it's just better to forget all the details and enjoy what you have

What is the fun in that ?
:yh:

Haha lol'd :crackup:

Greetings,

Not a WL fan ? To look at your sig sure seems like the majority. They get a bad rap on the forum as they have made false claims and used to be very poor customer service. I too have a couple WL lasers and as far as I am concerned some of the best hosts available. Just need to turn up the power !!

Moe

DJNY

Most of the newer members don´t know what happened in the past.

Hundreds of people waited for the laser over half a year.

We were lied several times, people waited for their refund several months.

In the end most of us got very underspec lasers with DANGEROUS "safety" goggles.

It was not just the Arctic desaster, people were lied and cheated before and after including promoting lasers as cool toys for everybody.

They might be much better these days, but what they did in the past to gain the money they now have I will never forget.

Most of the newer members don´t know what happened in the past.

Hundreds of people waited for the laser over half a year.

We were lied several times, people waited for their refund several months.

In the end most of us got very underspec lasers with DANGEROUS "safety" goggles.

It was not just the Arctic desaster, people were lied and cheated before and after including promoting lasers as cool toys for everybody.

They might be much better these days, but what they did in the past to gain the money they now have I will never forget.

To be honest ,many of the YouTubers that popularised WickedLasers are to blame too.
KipKay for example often forget to empahsize the danger associated with lasers.

Perhaps it's a good idea to move on to the present, and away from the past.

That's what improvements are for, right?

Would love to see LPM's of WL's current gen lasers. :beer: