Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked laser fantastic service

I ended up getting another Arctic laser, just love the Look of it, one of the best hosts I have seen, seen many and don't look as good. Anyway ordered 30th last month, got it 4th of June.

All I can say is it works great, love it, sure may have got a cheaper one, but not as good looking host.

I had the first one, which was rubbish, so took the risk in getting the new 1.4 watt, works as good as any laser, and not duty cycle. I also have a Spaton 1 watt, and the Arctic is the better burner, and burns much quicker.

All I can say is their service now is really fantastic, had every question answered and super fast delivery of laser. The glasses this time round seem to be better. Also getting a laser saber attachment.

Some may say it is foolish and their lasers are expensive, but who cares, I don't, love the service I have had from them, love the laser, seen many and don't look as good. My Arctic works well and burns faster then my Spartan 1 watt. At the end of the day it's what you like and want, not the cost. Sure could have got a cheaper one, or one made, but don't look as great and many look home made.

There service has increased 1000 fold. I only had one problem with the laser. The lens cap, the glue has come unstuck, so glued it in place, and if my results where less than perfect they offered to send me another endcap.

With their great service now would buy other lasers from them. My next one a Krytpon green.

I understand everyone's frustration with them, and very poor service. I was in that boat also, had crap service and support from the first Arctic, but feel now they are not the same company they where then.

I ended up getting another Arctic laser, just love the Look of it, one of the best hosts I have seen, seen many and don't look as good. Anyway ordered 30th last month, got it 4th of June.

All I can say is it works great, love it, sure may have got a cheaper one, but not as good looking host.

I had the first one, which was rubbish, so took the risk in getting the new 1.4 watt, works as good as any laser, and not duty cycle. I also have a Spaton 1 watt, and the Arctic is the better burner, and burns much quicker.

All I can say is their service now is really fantastic, had every question answered and super fast delivery of laser. The glasses this time round seem to be better. Also getting a laser saber attachment.

Some may say it is foolish and their lasers are expensive, but who cares, I don't, love the service I have had from them, love the laser, seen many and don't look as good. My Arctic works well and burns faster then my Spartan 1 watt. At the end of the day it's what you like and want, not the cost. Sure could have got a cheaper one, or one made, but don't look as great and many look home made.

There service has increased 1000 fold. I only had one problem with the laser. The lens cap, the glue has come unstuck, so glued it in place, and if my results where less than perfect they offered to send me another endcap.

With their great service now would buy other lasers from them. My next one a Krytpon green.

I understand everyone's frustration with them, and very poor service. I was in that boat also, had crap service and support from the first Arctic, but feel now they are not the same company they where then.

Now LPM it and tell me how's your laser 2 months later :tinfoil:

It is possible to have a less powerful laser that burns better. Not saying it id though since its untested. Also you saybthe same exact thing repeatedly in your review........

Just a heads up, our dislike for WL will never change but glad your happy

Well I guess nothing is set in stone... your dislike COULD be countered, slowly. But I doubt that's going to happen :p

And yes, do get the Arctic LPM'd at some point so you can do a thorough review :beer:

It is possible to have a less powerful laser that burns better. Not saying it id though since its untested. Also you saybthe same exact thing repeatedly in your review........

Just a heads up, our dislike for WL will never change but glad your happy

To be honest, that post was so going so "hard sell" you'll think that was copied straight out of a customer's testimony for Wicked Laser lol :na:

1)I had the first one, which was rubbish, so took the risk in getting the new 1.4 watt, works as good as any laser, 2)and not duty cycle. I also have a 3)Spaton 1 watt, and the Arctic is the better burner, and burns much quicker.

Some may say it is foolish and 4)their lasers are expensive, but who cares, 5) don't, love the service I have had from them, love the laser, seen many and don't look as good. 6)My Arctic works well and burns faster then my Spartan 1 watt. At the end of the day it's what you like and want, not the cost. 7)Sure could have got a cheaper one, or one made, but don't look as great and many look home made.

8)There service has increased 1000 fold. 9)I only had one problem with the laser. The lens cap, the glue has come unstuck, so glued it in place, and if my results where less than perfect they offered to send me another endcap.

10)I understand everyone's frustration with them, and very poor service. I was in that boat also, had crap service and support from the first Arctic, but feel now they are not the same company they where then.

I'm glad for you that you are happy with your purchase but...

Hmmm...
I'll go though this one by one...

1) Agreed they sell rubbish.
2) How long have you run the Laser to claim that as fact.
3) that only shows that one Laser is higher in power than
the other. Your Lasers mat still be 25%-35% below spec.

4) yes they are... I and any informed consumer cares.
5) I don't love the service either.
6) This means nothing about the actual Power of your Lasers.
7) Yes you certainly could have...
8) Only after you purchase 1000 Lasers without any problems
from WL can you make that statement. With the 2 lasers that
you have both have had a problem that you needed to fix on
your own. I'd say that's not 1000 times better.
9) There you go.....
10) You are absolutely correct...

BTW... you sound like the other WL shills that have tried to
boost WL lousy reputation... I don't buy it... Sorry..:cryyy:

Jerry

Last edited:
It's perfectly fine for people to be satisfied with their WL product, lol. Just because most people here didn't have a good experience with WL doesn't mean the every single person on here must have a bad experience. Out of curiosity, when was the last time you've purchased something from WL?

This is one guy that feels he got a good deal and doesn't
care to spend $$$ on "chrome". (Chrome= something that
doesn't make the car run better)

He is only one in the very few that are happy compared to
the no doubt thousands that got shafted by WL.

I will never again but anything from WL..... They will not
lie to me again...

Jerry

Last edited:
Not everyone on this forum hates WL, there are a number of LPFers who've been quite happy with their products/service including myself. No doubt there are a lot of people unhappy with them, I too believe they've come a long way since the infamous arctic fiasco from a couple years ago - but you will find a handful a good WL reviews here with some searching. It's nice to hear something positive again, glad you had a good transaction with WL :beer:

I am decently satisfied with their service and products, I recognize that dealing with 30x the normal amount of orders they usually get in one year in one month, plus a lawsuit and PayPal holding funds can be quite a fiasco. They have come a very long way... but they are still a very long way from being what they used to be. Hopefully WL will get their act together... only time will tell.

I truly am glad that WL has taken good care of you and that their customer support, shipping and QC has improved

.... BUT

there is NO way WL can EVER undo the damage done to our 'hobby' with what some call 'brilliant marketing' and others call it a very dirty way to do biz-

When they came out with the high power 445s the listing at their site could have been no worse for us than it was. The news was flooded with reports of the possiblity of children getting lasers that would BLIND people and set flesh on fire instantly which is in some ways BULLHOCKEY and their 'whatever it takes' ad strategy was purely with making a buck in mind and NOT taking into consideration us and our lasers.

There was something definitly weird going on at their forum and we had a flood of shills and spammers hit this forum. To me the quality of members is way more important than the numbers- so many joined during that period then never came back it was astonishing-- WL accepted orders they fully knew would take way to long to fill and ship- They made lots of promises they knew could not be delivered.

Even their choice of a company name is a poor one!-- WICKED?? yeah that sounds like a company that cares about public safety ---NOT!!
Why not 'Death Ray Lasers'
Or Blind Your Neighbors Dog.Com--

looking at the BIG picture-- WL has been the worst thing that has ever happened to laser fans.

hak's dos centavos

Hak...
Why not 'Death Ray Lasers'
Or Blind Your Neighbors Dog.Com--

Lol, poor puppy ;) I don't have a WL so can't say, but I'm happy buying from members or building my own :beer:

~ LB

I agree with hak... although the popularity spike can be in part explained by the sudden arrival of very high power LD's at the more exotic blue-ish part of the spectrum

ordered 30th last month, got it 4th of June.

Huh? I ordered mine on May 9th and got it on May 25th, and I chose expedited shipping. Weird.

Anyway, the full power lens that came with my Arctic came scratched out of the box, and always produces a second dot. I told WL about this on their Facebook page, and they're sending me a new one for free. Their customer service is a lot better than it was when the Arctic first came out. Now if only they could keep all of their lasers up to spec.

Huh? I ordered mine on May 9th and got it on May 25th, and I chose expedited shipping. Weird.

Anyway, the full power lens that came with my Arctic came scratched out of the box, and always produces a second dot. I told WL about this on their Facebook page, and they're sending me a new one for free. Their customer service is a lot better than it was when the Arctic first came out. Now if only they could keep all of their lasers up to spec.

Hmm i think i was the first that replyed on FB to help you out :D