Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Why don't my posts work

Hello

I've tried to post my laser for sale and I have 20 posts but no one accepts it.

Why? :(

you must wait for it to be approved. if you summited it more then once you didn't read the sticky in the tread and will likely get the ban hammer!!!

And maybe you've not read the stickies, as requested before posting something for sale. If you had, you may already know about the 20-post requirement. ;)

I posted it a couple days ago

Thought I did it wrong so reported today

I'll not post any more

I'm not trying to be bad, genuinely didn't know :(

Hope it's not been banned

I thought it could be cos I'm in uk or cos I'm new

I'll leave it and hope mods like me ha

Thx

To be honest I didn't read all stickies as there are so many

I did notice the 20-post thing (which was below first time but after second)

:(

daguin

It must be 20 "laser related" posts

Posts in the welcome and off topic area do not "count"
Posts such as "me too" or "nice laser" do not count
Posts such as "Why don't my posts work" do not count
Posts that appear to be just an attempt to build the post count may result in banning

The B/S/T board is for active, contributing members
LPF is NOT Craig's List or a Classified Ad's board

Peace,
dave

Last edited:
Ah ok. I signed up interested in lasers. Got one, didn't use much, wanted to sell.

Posted ad, realised I didn't have enough posts so posted more, but tried to make them all decent with content. Yes some were general but not "I agree" and stuff

It seems silly that I have a laser for sale. Genuinely was part of this site before (check my first posts), but can't take part

I could now post 20 or so laser related posts, ask questions etc, but then you guys would be talking to someone who's not really needing help.

I'm trying to be genuine, not a spammer or troller. I genuinely have a new laser for sale

Should I try and post a few times in order to get my post count up ... Or just forget it and sell elsewhere?

I'm not trolling, I genuinely want to know what to do

Cheers guys

Dave. Just re read your post. Saying that "why don't my posts work" is trying to build my post count. I already had over 20 before this

I did start using this forum after advice. I signed up before I got my laser. I didn't sign up to sell it

I thought selling it would be good for you guys too as you get a laser and you're all interested in this stuff. I appreciate its not classifieds but thought it contained people who's genuinely be interested

As there is no way I can get post count up to sell, and as after its sold ill not be a contributing member, then I'll leave you guys alone

Honestly not trying to be a d**k, in fact I'm a little gutted that you think that. I'm a web developer so know his forums work and would think my posts demonstrate I'm genuine

But I'll leave it, keep your forums l, and maybe one day I'll be back. But for the record I respect your rules but I think that your reply is a bit harsh.

Have a nice day

daguin

I have been known to be abrupt
Remember, my posts are NOT simply directed at the person being replied to
My posts help set precedence for others
Often an answer is to help inform other members and/or to curtail future problems for others

If you read the sticky on posting in the B/S/T board, then you know that I have already stated that "justifying" or "explaining" the policy is WAY down my priority list

People who continue to try to find a way around the restriction or who do not understand it, have a tendency to raise my hackles

This is the second thread of this kind in as many days.
It was not my intention to be personally rude to you
I am MUCH better at that, than this thread shows ;)

Peace,
dave

Last edited:
No worries mate, don't worry I'll not be posting trying to convince you or up my post count

If my ad is posted then cool, if not it's no issue

Please understand-

we all have to wait before a FS thread goes up- its rarely more than a day or two- we DO want you to stay and be a part of this forum.

You may be familiar with other forums but this one can be sometimes different-- Do not worry much about post count- it can be sometimes meaningless- Some of our most valuable members rarely post.

So when you read anothers thread or post and have questions or something to add then, do post. Start any new threads you like but if they are something asked or posted many times before you will find them by using the search feature - this forum has been around a longish time and its kinda rare to see a question that has never been asked before..

I often ask my questions using PMs - and not in a public forum- make some friends here and they will help you..

there are many fine members on your side of the pond-- also if you have something to post and the previous post it also yours then click edit and add to it rather than double or triple post-- and as has been said do not make duplicate threads- & try to put your thread in the correct section.

When in doubt just search the topic and see where those earlier threads were made. If you feel that you posted in the wrong place ask any mod to relocate the thread for you.

...... if you regret making any post you can easily delete it ( I have done that many times) if you want to change the title of a thread just click 'go advance' and you can change it. That is also where you need to be when you want to place an attachment or have access to all the smilies--
as we cannot see your facial expressions or hear the tone of your voice these smilies are great to let people know when you are just kidding etc:na:++++

:shhh::)

hak

Last edited:

Gun

Also, try not to double-post like you have done twice in this thread, that makes it look like you're trying to get your posts up. :tsk:

Also, try not to double-post like you have done twice in this thread, that makes it look like you're trying to get your posts up. :tsk:

^^^^ dont mean to crititize you m8 ...

but

he was already down when you 'kicked' him-- lot worse sins here than the double post twixt the probs with his FS ad, his post count . and all ...he looks to be gone- too bad for him & too bad for the forum too. I have also been guilty of being a tad too harsh on the newcomers to LPforum--

I am trying to be a bit nicer..
hak

Hi guys just had a notification so thought I'd reply.

Yes I'm gone. No hard feelings.

If admin could delete my account, or at least stop all notifications it'd be good.

Thank you

Hi guys just had a notification so thought I'd reply.

Yes I'm gone. No hard feelings.

If admin could delete my account, or at least stop all notifications it'd be good.

Thank you

if you want to stop notifications you can do it yourself, go to your CP and there are a ton of settings there, kinda lost as to why you are gone but i guess ill read up on this thread.

Thanks guys. I've now stopped notifications so have no reason to come back. If admin can delete my account completely it would be great.

Livinloud, if you need to contact me please use my email as we have been.

hakzaw1, thanks for all your nice words via PM, nice that someone sees me in that light. Sorry I didn't reply, I've just seen the message and already have deactivated private messages.

To everyone else. I'm not going to be start a debate with anyone, mainly because I'm logging off for good now. But I'm disappointed on how this ended out. I'm not sure what you guys think but I'm a genuine person who signed up for the right reasons. All of my posts have been made with the best intentions, I have never 'trolled'. OKay I may have made mistakes, but who realistically will read every sticky when they sign up? I'm sure that I'm not the only person who you've lost this way, and won't be the last.

IMO people should try and help others and welcome them so they can sign up. I DO appreciate that you get a lot of bad posters, but don't assume all newbies are the same.

This is it from me, I'm logging off. I'd like to say it's been a pleasure but unfortunately I can't.

Once again thanks for the few people who have seen things from my point of view, especially hakzaw1

x