Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Why do chicks scream so much?

Because they've been allowed to believe that it is an acceptable/tolerable thing to do, probably by poor parenting. So if you encounter one of those screaming banshees, perhaps voice your discontent. Even something like questioning why they're screaming over something so petty might put into the person's head that it is an unacceptable thing to do.

Because they've been allowed to believe that it is an acceptable/tolerable thing to do, probably by poor parenting. So if you encounter one of those screaming banshees, perhaps voice your discontent. Even something like questioning why they're screaming over something so petty might put into the person's head that it is an unacceptable thing to do.

Been there. Done that. Got a weird look from her, we got into a kind of fight... well she was yelling, I really didn't care, and never really talked with her since.

yet another reason they scream is because it acually hurts when you pull their hair.;o

Very interesting to read about the biological reasons for this.

I hope I am not deviating from the discussion but it is interesting what was mentioned about the conscious or subconscious desire for the woman to have her pleasureful vocalizations heard by others. It is something I think I have noticed myself. I remember when I was 19 or so my girlfriend at the time who was a bit of an odd duck said that her male neighbor who she hadn't seen in a while had commented on how she had become a mature woman or something to that regard.

Later on that night when we were in her bedroom she deliberately cracked open the window and hinted she was trying to let more noise outside and I think was deliberately more loud so the same neighbor whose house was very close by to her bedroom might hear.

More recently a couple of years ago I was renting in the basement of this old house near the beach which had paper thin walls where you could hear the slightest noise from upstairs.

When the girlfriend of the renter upstairs was over you could hear absolutely every sound related to what you might imagine. :) She was so noisy that it was like I was in the room with them and I got so tired of hearing oh baby blah,blah, slap slap slap, bed creakings, furniture getting knocked over during the process etc.

It got so bad that I had to tell the guy above and even after that and him telling her she was still so loud you could hear her 3 houses down.

One night when it was 4am and I had a test for school the next day and I am hearing the screaming and floor shaking, I found a record I happened to have on my turntable with one song with the lyrics that repeat over and over - "Come along, Come along with me, come along". I made sure I blasted the volume so loud enough that they could definately hear the lyrics.

The next day I talked with the guy upstairs and he said that his girlfriend thought it was hilarious that I could hear them and that I had played the song really loud as a message back to them that I could hear them. You would think she was immature for not caring how loud she was but apparently she is going to be graduating from medical school in about a year or so. :p

Last edited:
That's not a bad idea to curb the screaming but I kinda like
my woman to let me know I'm doing it right...:eg:

Very interesting to read about the biological reasons for this.

I hope I am not deviating from the discussion but it is interesting what was mentioned about the conscious or subconscious desire for the woman to have her pleasureful vocalizations heard by others. It is something I think I have noticed myself. I remember when I was 19 or so my girlfriend at the time who was a bit of an odd duck said that her male neighbor who she hadn't seen in a while had commented on how she had become a mature woman or something to that regard.

Later on that night when we were in her bedroom she deliberately cracked open the window and hinted she was trying to let more noise outside and I think was deliberately more loud so the same neighbor whose house was very close by to her bedroom might hear.

More recently a couple of years ago I was renting in the basement of this old house near the beach which had paper thin walls where you could hear the slightest noise from upstairs.

When the girlfriend of the renter upstairs was over you could hear absolutely every sound related to what you might imagine. :) She was so noisy that it was like I was in the room with them and I got so tired of hearing oh baby blah,blah, slap slap slap, bed creakings, furniture getting knocked over during the process etc.

It got so bad that I had to tell the guy above and even after that and him telling her she was still so loud you could hear her 3 houses down.

One night when it was 4am and I had a test for school the next day and I am hearing the screaming and floor shaking, I found a record I happened to have on my turntable with one song with the lyrics that repeat over and over - "Come along, Come along with me, come along". I made sure I blasted the volume so loud enough that they could definately hear the lyrics.

The next day I talked with the guy upstairs and he said that his girlfriend thought it was hilarious that I could hear them and that I had played the song really loud as a message back to them that I could hear them. You would think she was immature for not caring how loud she was but apparently she is going to be graduating from medical school in about a year or so. :p

That may be due to the known fact that at 19 we (males) are really
jealous and try to find reasons to justify our suspicions....:crackup:

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Last edited:
These are some really nice guesses, but the real reason we do it is just to make you dudes wonder why and discuss the possible reasons amongst yourselves. :eg:

joeyss

orly.jpg

:) >_>

Last edited:

daguin

These are some really nice guesses, but the real reason we do it is just to make you dudes wonder why and discuss the possible reasons amongst yourselves. :eg:

That's why you make up colors too, right?

I mean cummon . . . . Taupe? Ecru?

Y'all are making that stuff up just to confuse us

Peace,
dave

The females of many primate species vocalize loudly during copulation
These vocalizations are inherently different that the vocalizations displayed during the startle response
We are even able to recognize the sounds of different primate species in these situations ;)

The vocalizations once again "draw attention" to the situation
However, this attention is for other "suitors" to be drawn in
This larger number of "suitors" increases the "competition" and increases the odds that better sperm will prevail
It also increases the diversity of the gene pool ;)

An interesting side note about humans is that these vocalizations are most prevalent in species that are NOT monogamous.
The more monogamous a species, the "quieter" their copulations.
This exposes just one more place where our societal norms and mores are in direct opposition to our innate tendencies.

Peace,
dave

Translation:
Screamer = Slut.

I think women are like cars, you need to go for a test drive before you marry or buy one.:whistle:

SOG

can't believe how such topic can get us into such deep topic, but I guess everything have small beginning...

By the way, anyone watched Prometheus ? The movie is quite nice, with alot of screaming too.