Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Why are most people here "anti" Sci-fi?

If it were not for Science fiction alot of ideas that were originaly just ideas would have never been brought to life! So why does it seem like if someone builds a prodject that is not a laser "pointer" people want to bash it on here? There are only a few people on this forum at all that break out of the mold and try different things, anyone can order a laser pointer...but construct your own laser scanner, sci-fi blaser, unique laser host...that aought to be incouraged. Personally I think using the "Black and Decker" cordless screwdriver for a laser host is a great idea as well as very cost effective! If anyone else has a better non flashlight style laser host, then post it. BETTER yet devote a whole catagory to it so other people can have more diversity, this forum is FLOODED with pointers, but needs fresh ideas and with everybody adding to a catagory that is unique some great things are bound to be discovered!!! There is alot of smack or trash talk on here at times WHY?

daguin

I believe you are both over-simplifying and wrong

Also, remember, it's called "LaserPOINTERforums"

There are other forums that deal with light

Peace,
dave

Last edited:
If it were not for Science fiction alot of ideas that were originaly just ideas would have never been brought to life! So why does it seem like if someone builds a prodject that is not a laser "pointer" people want to bash it on here? There are only a few people on this forum at all that break out of the mold and try different things, anyone can order a laser pointer...but construct your own laser scanner, sci-fi blaser, unique laser host...that aought to be incouraged. Personally I think using the "Black and Decker" cordless screwdriver for a laser host is a great idea as well as very cost effective! If anyone else has a better non flashlight style laser host, then post it. BETTER yet devote a whole catagory to it so other people can have more diversity, this forum is FLOODED with pointers, but needs fresh ideas and with everybody adding to a catagory that is unique some great things are bound to be discovered!!! There is alot of smack or trash talk on here at times WHY?

:wtf:are you talking about.... How about some links to back up
your bashing claims...

You must have us confused with the PL Forum where if you talk about
pointers you get Crapped on...

Maybe you haven't been here long enough or you haven't seen all the
sections that are available on the Forum...:thinking:

Have you seen the projects in the Experiments & Modifications
section... or in the Geeks' Corner section...:thinking:

And for things that are really out of the park there is the OTHER section..
Many members here have built a multitude of projects that are NOT Laser
Pointers...
I'm sure reading some of those Threads on the Forum will enlighten you...

BTW it is common sense that if I wanted to build Model Airplanes then
a Model Airplane Forum would suit me better...
but there is no-one stopping me from posting it here...

So... I can't understand the logic of your Thread...

BTW... I'm about as far away from being "anti" Sci-fi?" as you can get..:cool:

[Edit]
I just saw the B&D thread.... Now I see why you feel this way...
One Thread does not a Forum make...
Maybe responding to the members on that thread would make more sense
to prove your point of view... rather than accusing the whole Forum...

Jerry

Last edited:
Are you kidding me?
If I hated Scifi...then why else would I have gotten one of these.
ts-SciFi.jpg

roosl

I re-read this 3 times, and I still don't get it. I saw the Black&Decker drill laser thread (Is that it?). I don't see where that equates to people not liking Science Fiction.
:thinking:
But anyway, I cannot imagine that people who play with lasers would not be Sci-Fi fans!
:san:

daguin

I re-read this 3 times, and I still don't get it. I saw the Black&Decker drill laser thread (Is that it?). I don't see where that equates to people not liking Science Fiction.
:thinking:

Some people's children just have no sense of humor.

Peace,
dave

You'd think after 131 posts you'd figure out by now the whole freaking forum is full of Sci-Fi geeks lol.

Anti sci-fi? Me? That's just absurd; if anything I'm pro sci-fi :D

Just saw the Black and Decker thread.

You're taking everyone wrong man. What you should have done was post a link to the video. Plus parts lists, prices and pictures of it disassembled, and how you put it together.

HIMNL9

Uhm, i'm not sure if i hate sci-fi or not ..... i mean, til now, i only readed something like 500 books (probably a little bit more) of sci-fi tales, but i really can't decide if i hate it or not ..... maybe when i've readed another 500 or so books, i can have a better idea, about it .....

:p :D

Uhm, i'm not sure if i hate sci-fi or not ..... i mean, til now, i only readed something like 500 books (probably a little bit more) of sci-fi tales, but i really can't decide if i hate it or not ..... maybe when i've readed another 500 or so books, i can have a better idea, about it .....

:p :D

Yeah, I watched all 6 Star Wars movies like 50 times each... It's just that I hate them SO MUCH!

Come on people, We all want to know the answer for this question and only Sci-fi can give us the answer.
starwars_vs_startrek1.jpg

HIMNL9

Uhm, depend ..... if they get the help from Q ..... :p :crackup: