Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Which cheap DX knife should I buy?

i like the first one the most just because of the way it looks! when you get it do a review and tell us what you think!

[highlight]EDIT: change my vote to the gerber[/highlight]

laserlover said:
when you get it do a review and tell us what you think!
Will do.

I was already leaning towards the first one aswell because in my opinion it looks nicer and also i don't think i'd use the serated bit on the other knife.

If you have to cut through tough material, you'll be happy you HAVE that serrated section. My switch-blade has a 1/2 serrated blade, & I use the serrated part almost as much as the straight blade ;) Get the second one ;)you won't be sorry !

I've added a third knife which I just found.
Please use the both category for the third knife

daguin

Randomer3 said:
I've added a third knife which I just found.
Please use the both category for the third knife

Dude! It's a knife . . . NOT a fashion accessory

What do you want?

Trust me, this won't be the last knife you own.

Peace,
dave

i know for a fact that Gerber makes excellent products i have a multi-tool from them that is amazing! i also change my vote to the gerber, also because i like the look even more than the first one

These are blatently fakes, a genuine gerber or boker knife for $7, I don't think so.

That said I'm probably gonna get the "gerber" and maybe the "Foldable Manual Release Pocket Tool Knife" aswell.

Thanks for your comments, very appreciated :)

I had the gerber, it was a great knife for the price but I broke it  :'(

It came very sharp and stayed sharp the whole time I had it, and I abused the crap out of it, now i only have this one which took almost the same abuse and it's still sharp as hell http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5805

Man, that one almost looks like my BOKER switchblade :eek: Almost but not quite, & that one costs a HELL of a lot LESS than my BOKER ;) If you want to be dazzled by a whole array of knives, GOOGLE up Knives 4 Wholesale, you'll be amazed at what you can get for not too much $$$

I have the UltraFire 707A. It's quite small but sharp and the serrated part is handy. Tbh I don't like the look of any of the knives in the first post.

The Boker switchblades are really cheaply made Chinese conversion to switchblades.  There not legal at all to import as switchblades, and is a Federal Offense....nothing like importing a >5mw Laser, you'll do serious time in the slammer for importing a switch blade into the USA.  What usually happens is, they are imported as a regular knife, then a conversion is done on them by the importer.

Once that conversion has been performed, it would be a Federal Offense to ship them across any State lines.  Also depending on where you live, many States will charge you with a Felony if you get caught with one.

The only exceptions to this Federal statue is for Police Officers & Military.

The ones you posted on DX do appear to be simple folders though and you shouldn't really have any problems getting it.

If your State allows, and you can find a dealer located within your State, then you can purchase a switchblade, but I'd stay away from Chinese conversions though; they are very cheaply made and are not reliable; you'll find them around the $50.00 or lower price range, a dead give away.

Also remember if your State does allow you to own a switchblade, you probably will still be prohibited from having it on your person or vehicle; so you basically can only use it in your house.

There are a few States, usually with permits, that will allow you to carry one on your person; similar to carrying a handgun.

Go to this site, and you'll find quality American made automatics that a very reliable;
http://www.microtechknives.com/

Fortunately where I live they are legal with permits to carry or just to purchase w/o, there are several local dealers within the State that sell them along with other quality brands, and sadly yes they also carry the cheaply made bokers and other Chinese origin ones.

The bokers sold on DX are copies/clones what ever you like to call them.

knives4wholesale also sells many copies/clones too, and unless you live in Florida where knives4wholesale is located, or you are a Police Officer, it is a Federal Offense to purchase from them.  They do sell some genuine products, but most of their stuff is cheap Chinese fakes.

Please do yourself a favor and read their FAQ;
http://www.knives4wholesale.com/terms.html

If you don't live in Florida and you place an order from them, you've agreed you are a Police Officer and if your not; you could be very easily charged with 2 Felonies.  UPS, their records, and your credit card will be all the proof the government would need to to go after you....and OMG IF you had them shipped via USPS, add-in another Felony.

Seriously think about it before you place any order with them for an automatic.

-Stay safe

Murudai said:
What are you going to use it for?

Mainly cutting sticks and wood (i'm a scout)

Also I live in England, does anyone know any restrictions for shipping these into the UK?

theres no way thats a real gerber. least i hope not ::) i usually pay at least 25$+ for a decent gerber and some of them cost nearly 100$.