Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Where to Buy G9 Lens

59438d1521982918-where-buy-g9-lens-130.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ball-Lens-...621856?hash=item213b77b5e0:g:q5sAAOSwtXBatHrM

^^^This ad that says ball lens, those are from the old 130/140 diodes, there were 24 of them in the 3 rows of 8, the original diode array, they are useless as far as I know.

73D42pE.jpg

Attachments

• 130.JPG
    130.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

jnrpop

Appreciate the info Red, looks like i'll be hunting for a couple of these G9's for awhile then.
Techhood re-listed these after i told them i was after the 6.35mm lens, but i really don't know if they know what lens comes from where :crackup:

J

Edit: It definately looks like a completely different lens to the one in these pictures.

Last edited:
Those new lenses that he listed looks to be very fat,i though that the g9's are not that fat,maybe its the older 140's as redcowboy noted

Reactions: GSS
I think I will wait for someone to buy one of these lenses and post about it. I am not hurting for this lens as I have a couple "G9"s in my stock as it is. I never heard the G9 lenses called ball lenses back when they were new items. That, alone, has me sitting this one out.

59438d1521982918-where-buy-g9-lens-130.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ball-Lens-...621856?hash=item213b77b5e0:g:q5sAAOSwtXBatHrM

^^^This ad that says ball lens, those are from the old 130/140 diodes, there were 24 of them in the 3 rows of 8, the original diode array, they are useless as far as I know.

73D42pE.jpg
Looks like a short focal length pcx lens judging by the uniform front surface curvature.

Appreciate the info Red, looks like i'll be hunting for a couple of these G9's for awhile then.
Techhood re-listed these after i told them i was after the 6.35mm lens, but i really don't know if they know what lens comes from where :crackup:

J

Edit: It definately looks like a completely different lens to the one in these pictures.
I can't be certain on this. That lens looks like a plano-aspheric.

DTR

Pretty sure that is the lens from the older Panasonic units. I did a teardown thread on one and there was a ton of used ones going around 3-4 months ago from a large dump. The lens was 8.5mm. I save all the ones I got hold of. Send Angelos one after the teardown thread back in 2013. He had some awesome results with it just never got around using them due to having to figure out a way to mount them.

Here is what he first sent before putting a post about it in my sales thread which I also have below.

"Yeah those Pan lenses are pretty sweet.
I basically drilled a lens nut out with my lathe to the size of the crown on the 8.5mm lens. Which was about 7.5mm.
The Coating on the lens is also very pretty. Has that brown/tan hue to it like a G1 lens has."

EZmvqN.jpg

Here is how he mounted it for testing.

Unfortunally his pics are gone now but the video is still up.
I Just did a couple Power readings and Measurements of this lens that Came out of the "Pan" Projector.:)

Here are some Photos and Videos of my results.:)

The Power Test Videos:

I Compared this "Pan" Lens to a G2 lens in both these videos.

Here is a Power Reading using a Mitsu 500mW P73 638nm diode:

Here is the Power Reading using a 9mm 445nm diode(For some reason it wont let me Post more then 1 video at a time so here is the link):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv-CQynychk

There seems to be a Slight power difference between The "Pan" Lens and the G2 lens. I have not yet dont a Cut out module setup to see if this power difference is due to a Clipped beam or some other factor. But I believe its not being Clipped. The Focal length seems to be somewhere ~7mm. Ill get you guys the exact number when i make the cut out module this weekend.:)

Here are also some Pictures I took at 22 feet of the Dot Comparison. Sorry its a little difficult to see the numbers on the 445nm shots. It was very difficult to show it without washing out the camera picture.

First up is the 500mW Mitsu 638nm P73 diode with the "Pan" Lens:
(22 Feet Distance/ 38.69mm Dot "-" Size)
PanP733869mm_zps68046981.jpg

Dropped My Calipers during theses Pictures.:( Cracked the Glass on the display.Errr

Now with the G2 lens:
(22 Feet Distance/ 66.95mm Dot "-" Size)
G2P736695mm_zps81d0413a.jpg

Here are the Picture with the 9mm 445nm diode.

First up is the 9mm 445nm diode with the "Pan" Lens:
(22 Feet Distance/ 17.15mm Dot "-" Size)
Pan445nm1715mm_zps5edbbf4e.jpg

With G2 lens Now:
(22 Feet Distance/ 28.41mm Dot "-" Size)
G2445nm2841mm_zps1c14b18c.jpg

Here is a Picture how i mounted the lens. Basically i Machined the Lens nut out on the inside IIRC 7.6mm which allowed a perfect lip for the Crown of the lens to sit on. I used a Little Thermal Adhesive to hold the lens in place and then centered it and let it set for 12 hours. It mounted perfectly. The Module i used where the longer copper modules that DTR has and the lens fits in there perfect.:) With the Stander size Modules the problem is not the Diameter of the lens as that will fit, but the problem is the depth due to the way i mounted it the module has to be longer since the threads dont start till the lens is already past focus. Iam not sure if its possible to machine a lens nut for this lens to fit in a stander size 12mm module.
P3310003_zpsddc766bb.jpg

Here are a couple photos of the lens coating and shape:

Front:
P4050009_zps6430bee4.jpg

Back:
P4050008_zps4e38827e.jpg

Thanks.:)

Last edited:
Thanks, Jordan. That is good to know. I guess his way is about the only way to use these lenses if anyone wants to.

Dhodge77

Are any of these G9''s still available. If so Rich u should still have my paypal or shipping infor from that white Arcane host i bought just be a couple weeks ago

Are any of these G9''s still available. If so Rich u should still have my paypal or shipping infor from that white Arcane host i bought just be a couple weeks ago
Hi,
I dont have any G9 lens, but type in G9 collimating lens on Ebay and a Buch of lenses come up. Sanwu sellsG7 lenses in short and long holders.
Rich:)

Last edited: