Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What's up with the gadget town ad?

Just noticed this gadgettown advertisement at the bottom of the forum pages where modwerx used to be, I dont remember hearing about them in terms of reputation and quality, yet they are advertising on the forum.
Claims to be a US seller based in NY, but they sell >5mW lasers w/o saftey features?
:wtf:

just notice it too,i don't know how it got there.there is no thread about as sponsor.
weird

Yeah, it does seem strange. I was hoping a mod or someone would drop by this thread and explain it but I guess not, they must be paying for the ad space, but I found it odd that they could even get ad space unless they had some type of positive rep around the forum. Though this wouldnt be the first time that a less than desirable seller had ad space here...

Seriously WTH. They now have two ads here and I have not even heard about them around the forum yet. What happened to the good ads like the laserbee and modwerx?

Grix

They have ads because they pay for it of course. No reputation needed.

I'm looking on their site, and I'm looking at their 100, and 200mW greens, they're pretty cheap, so if I get 80mw for the 100, or 150 for the 200, then I'm still getting a good deal.

You all know that these sellers all buy from the same source. No one seller gets better lasers than the other seller. They all sell the same crap. This is all the same stuff that DX sells, just a different seller.

I just ordered a 200mW green. I'll let you know if and when it arrives. I will also review it.

Ordering was easy and they take paypal or credit cards. Had a choice of free shipping or 2-3 day for $10. I went with free. They also let you pick a free gift at checkout lol.

I bought this one
200mW 532nm DC 3V Open-back Green Beam Laser Pointer : GadgetTown.com

Ordered 10 pm Tuesday. Received shipping notice Thursday morning. Laser arrived today.

The LPM I ordered hasn’t come in yet but it is considerable brighter than my 75mW Viper. It pops balloons and burns through black trash bags really quick.

It is storming here tonight so no outside beam shots can be done, but Ill try to do some tomorrow. Soon as the LPM comes in Ill let everyone know what mW it is.

A US seller? LOL! Really? A US seller has the phrase "Choose you like" in their banner ad? Right...

Cheap Chinese retailer, I would suspect.

Asa

A US seller? LOL! Really? A US seller has the phrase "Choose you like" in their banner ad? Right...

Cheap Chinese retailer, I would suspect.

I saw this like a week ago and laughed so harddd.

For those who are looking to attain a large quantity of Cheap RS Gold in a short period of time, though,

Buy WOW Gold for World of Warcraft can be an extremely tempting solution. Those who gain a large amount of

RuneScape Goldare able to buy new weapons and items within the game and to upgrade their characters. Also,

some players attempt to use the game almost like a virtual investment exchange, buying RuneScape Gold at cheap

prices and then attempting to sell it at higher prices. For those doing the selling, of course, it can be a relatively lucrative practice.
:gun: