Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What Should I Build Today?

Does it have to be laser related?

A SPAM-A-TRON :D

I'm gonna start a thread later after I'm finished with some studying, but what about a good flashlight mod? We never see that kind of stuff here, I saw at CPF a guy who used like 6 P5 LEDs in one host.

EDIT: Yes, we've seen Jay's cool stuff, but I'm talking about using more than one LED, like that guy on CPF.

Or maybe you can develop a kit for an easy RGY laser...

Supercars-Limited-Hulme-F1-Champion-SA-Top-1024x768.jpg

OR

nif-0506-11956a.jpg

Whichever you prefer!!

daguin

This one looks like fun.

nif-0506-11956a.jpg

I'll look around to see if I have enough parts

I may have to scale it down a bit.

Does it have to be laser related?

A SPAM-A-TRON

Good Lord, Man

I AM a SPAM-A-TRON

Peace,
dave

**EDIT** Post # 6966 -- There is a dirty joke in there somewhere

Last edited:

Lasher

How bout a nice handheld with 3 green laser modules and lens to combine the beam in to one for some stunning Beam Shots :drool:

Don't even know it something like that could be done but I would sure love to see one if it is.

Lasher

How bout a nice handheld with 3 green laser modules and lens to combine the beam in to one for some stunning Beam Shots :drool:

Don't even know it something like that could be done but I would sure love to see one if it is.

Lasher

See? That's what I was talking about, there's no combining of same wavelength beams here, there should be an easy way to get a host with two 150mW O-Like modules and one dichro to combine beams...

Dave, get a project box and a bunch of switches and and make a diode tester.....
Use a fixed rkcstr with a bunch of different resistors wired in to like 20 different switches....
(this is my next fun little project after i finish the "driver station")

sadly though, i must write my research paper for the eng comp final....i'm arguing socialized healthcare. so my tinkering must wait till tonight.

i love accelerated classes lol

Last edited:
Build a laser diode! Yeah, from scratch! That's what I'm doing today :eg:.

You just go buy one of these:
aix3.gif

Find yourself a big room full of tools, like this one:
UCSB_10ketchpict1_250.jpg
clean-room-two.jpg
(Conveniently, you don't have to buy/build your own cleanroom, you can rent time in them quite easily! The same is often true for MOCVD systems as well, so you might be able to more easily get access that way, lower capital costs that way).

And with some hard work, you'll be making lasers in no time!

daguin

I'm going to start wearing a hat like this to lecture.

clean-room-two.jpg

Peace,
dave