Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What happened to my laser?

Now the dot of my Romisen L-C030 looks like this.

Attachments

• DSC05696.JPG
    DSC05696.JPG
    337.4 KB · Views: 124

From what it looks there might be some junk on the lens or might be modehopping in some weird way.

Scratches form lines. Dust forms speckles. Mode hopping has an extra dot.

But that's... just weird. Make sure the aperture isn't crossing the beam or anything, and give the lens a nice good rub :)

Would a can of compressed air help clean the lens? And if it can, where do I buy it here in Perth?

i wouldnt use compressed air since it may blow whatever is on the lenses around and scratch the lenses

try a tiny microfiber cloth and cleaning it that way.

looks like liquid. Melting plastic also forms similar shapes :cool:

daguin

A simple smeared fingerprint will also give you this pattern.

Peace,
dave

diachi

You can easily take the module out of the L-C030, just screw the head off (Theres two sections, if you unscrew it and its just the driver hanging out then theres another sections just at the driver that should screw off) After you take it out just try running the lens with a micro-fibre cloth.

-Adam

JLSE

There are a few things that can give that pattern on DPSS. One of them is if crazyglue was used to install an IR filter, 2nd, which was already mentioned is mode switching. As the laser breaks in, the output beam from the crystals can change its exiting position, and when this happens the beam exits the crystal ex. to the left of the expander. Where before it was centered and now its hitting a drop of  epoxy on the optics, or an imperfection on the expanding lens. It can also be the crystal set which also happens for no reason at all. I have encountered similar annomalies in my greenie builds, several hours of use after the build :mad:

If you dont want to damage your lenses during cleaning, this is the material I use, but can be hard to find, g00d luck!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/27988-REG/Kodak_EK1546027_Kodak_Lens_Cleaning_Paper.html

I've tried cleaning the lens's (I took the laser apart) with a micro fiber cloth but no luck :-/

ArRaY

Try cleaning the inside of the lens. My lens had a small, longish dust particle on the lens-side that was inside the module, and it was glued in!!Gave a similar pattern like yours.

ArRaY

ArRaY said:
Try cleaning the inside of the lens. My lens had a small, longish dust particle on the lens-side that was inside the module, and it was glued in!!Gave a similar pattern like yours.

ArRaY
Thanks for the tip. :) Hopefully I fix it!

ben74

Yeah, my labby is so annoying the expander lens in side the laser gets dirty all the time, even after a day i need to clean it again

Ace82

It looks like the crystals might be out of alignment. Did you drop it or something? And does it seem to have less power overall?