Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What do you think of this laser?

madog

It is an "Extreme Laser BLM100 473nm".

Any input would be much appreciated. I'm considering buying it because I believe I can get it for a real good deal. Seller says it is unused and offers 7 day money back.

Thanks in advance for your input.

I think this is it.
Extreme Lasers : 10-100mW 473nm Blue Laser Systems

I've never heard of this company.

I think you could get better quality (and perhaps even pricing) from CNI or Viasho.
The laser I linked to (is that the correct one?) looks like a CNI laser. If so, you are still probably better off buying from CNI directly. Shipping charges will be a little high, but depending on what kind of a price break you get, it might be worth it.

I know CNI's warranty is 6 moths for portable units, it may be the same or longer for Lab lasers. Viasho is probably similar with their warranty policy.

I wouldn't recommend buying from an unknown company unless you have a calibrated power meter.

Perhaps a link to its page?

If we can see the ad, it would be a lot easier to tell you.

C'mon guys, don't be too lazy to use Google- especially if you are going to recommend it.

Also, madog, you may be more likely to find someone here with experience dealing with Extreme Lasers if the title of the thread was more specific to the company.

I'm just being picky today.

Last edited:

madog

It was an ebay buy. I went ahead and took a chance. I'm getting a BLM100 473nm. Hopefully it will push at least 60-70mw! And at $350 shipped,I think its a good deal.
Let me know what you think.

Well, it doesn't matter what we think, you asked for help, the bought from ebay...I wouldn't chance $350 for an ebay laser. From CNI, hell yeah it's worth it. But ebay....eh...

I think this is it.
Extreme Lasers : 10-100mW 473nm Blue Laser Systems

I've never heard of this company.

I think you could get better quality (and perhaps even pricing) from CNI or Viasho.
The laser I linked to (is that the correct one?) looks like a CNI laser. If so, you are still probably better off buying from CNI directly. Shipping charges will be a little high, but depending on what kind of a price break you get, it might be worth it.

I know CNI's warranty is 6 moths for portable units, it may be the same or longer for Lab lasers. Viasho is probably similar with their warranty policy.

I wouldn't recommend buying from an unknown company unless you have a calibrated power meter.

C'mon guys, don't be too lazy to use Google- especially if you are going to recommend it.

Also, madog, you may be more likely to find someone here with experience dealing with Extreme Lasers if the title of the thread was more specific to the company.

I'm just being picky today.
Okay-- I live a short drive to Seabrook and Houston both- Extreme is in both cities apparently--I wrote them a few yrs back about doing a local pick-up if I won an Ebay auction-- never heard back-:cryyy:

- Ext. Lasers has good feedback and done a ton of eekbay sales IIRC- but I never won an auction-- they start out at like 99 cents-- bidding seems to stay low up til the end of auction but then always seems to go up higher real fast at the end.:thinking:

I had hopes of meeting them- in hopes that, maybe, they had some good 'as-is' deals on returns etc., but nada. Perhaps I will reach out again-- maybe they(& AixiZ) would host a Texas laser meet in Houston:whistle:that would be sweet!!!-

anyhow-- since you already took the plunge- you will be able to tell me much more about Ext. L. and your new laser---we want photos!!!---Hak

Extreme Lasers buys CNI lasers, and sells them as a higher power. This is probably a 50mW model. I have had horrid experience with their customer service, but I've heard it's improved slightly.

madog

Okay-- I live a short drive to Seabrook and Houston both- Extreme is in both cities apparently--I wrote them a few yrs back about doing a local pick-up if I won an Ebay auction-- never heard back-:cryyy:

- Ext. Lasers has good feedback and done a ton of eekbay sales IIRC- but I never won an auction-- they start out at like 99 cents-- bidding seems to stay low up til the end of auction but then always seems to go up higher real fast at the end.:thinking:

I had hopes of meeting them- in hopes that, maybe, they had some good 'as-is' deals on returns etc., but nada. Perhaps I will reach out again-- maybe they(& AixiZ) would host a Texas laser meet in Houston:whistle:that would be sweet!!!-

anyhow-- since you already took the plunge- you will be able to tell me much more about Ext. L. and your new laser---we want photos!!!---Hak

It will be my pleasure to tell everyone wether or not I made a mistake. But I hope it went well. I'll be sure to give a report with pics

madog

UPDATE

I hope you all understand that I didn't include a link. I was affraid of competition driving up the price. After an exchange of a few emails, I recieved a LPM readout of the unit and it seems like Cyparagon was right about extreme "upselling" CNI lasers because this unit only pushes 62mw while being rated for 100mw. After he told me this I got him to drop the price to $300, shipped. Sounded decent to me, we'll see! I'll be sure to post some pics on the day it arrives.