Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What do you like the *most* about lasers???

What do you like *most* about lasers???

• Hosts/physical design

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Light output. color, and beam visibility

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • The electronic workings behind a diode laser (Driver, Diode batteries etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The burning power and application in the real world

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Optics, lenses, divergence etc.

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
I would add "all of the above", but I feel that most people would choose that. I certainly would as I find all aspects of this hobby very interesting.

I'd like to focus on what's enjoyed *most* in this hobby. Purely just for curiosity sake :)

Last edited:

I voted "Light output, color, and beam visibility" there is something about seeing a laser beam of a single wavelength of light, it's not ordinary light, there is something special about it. It is beautiful to look at, it is like looking at gemstones or a field of flowers but even better.

Alan

The aesthetics of all the colors in a beam I really enjoy. Feels futuristic. Plus they're great for star pointing and fun on walks, fun to build.

Cel

Cool hosts and laser beams! :beer:
Especially nice, tight and collimated beams with low divergence and good visibility. Long range pointing.

The visible beam of energy and all the things that make it possible, the physics behind it, it's uses and future possibilities, but mostly it's just pleasing to look at in a safe manner of course.

Yeah all of the above is great but let's be honest, we all love overall output and wavelength :D

Thanks for your answers and feedback, everyone.

Very interesting, and predictable results. I myself also voted for light output & colour/wavelength.

However, I'm very surprised nobody picked hosts/design. I thought for sure at least someone would pick it.

Podo

Light output and low divergence for sure as how I love my 532nm Lasers collection.

Last edited:
the beautiful, elegant display of physics. so i guess a combo of pretty colors and the Electical Engineering.

Wow...what a question !! Some thoughts .......

The purity of monochromatic colour.
The perfection of the straight beam traveling off into infinity.
The power of the laws of optics and physics demonstrated in coherent light.
The satisfaction of design, construction and creation of technological art.
The challenge of optically correcting the beam..." forging " the ray propagation to a more controlled state.

And finally, the joy of subjecting all of you to my ....obtuse humor !!! :crackup: See pic !!

Attachments

• Prepare your minds for a new scale of physical scientific value gentlemen with text 1.png
    Prepare your minds for a new scale of physical scientific value gentlemen with text 1.png
    509.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited: