Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What do you do with your laser.

I also, from time to time, enjoy an intergalactic stroll with my laser, destroying the planets who's existance was futile to begin with... Ya I agree, kinda boring, but oh well, as long as I get my check from the fleet admiral at the end of the week... :crackup:

I mean I wish some how they could make clear protective laser goggles. I want protection but want to see the true color.

They do. I use clear UV blocking safety glasses. It took me a while to find a good pair with a heavy coating, but they block around 90% of my blu-ray lasers. I would not trust them with a direct hit, but for normal viewing, and long reflections they work well.

I'm making some steempunk projects. Also a laser lighter, IR security system, and some other stuff I'm still toying around some ideas with.

Hardest part is getting the dog to wear the goggles LOL---seriously-- I would avoid the eye area of any pets--btw some dogs get obsessed with a laser and it can become a major problem--its a mistake to confuse an anxious/obsessed dog with a 'happy' one..IMHO--HZ

Reminds me of Sam Kinison comedy routine he did, Dog psychologist .

Out of the 100's of uses, my favorite has got to be:
I use a 405nm to impress people who have not seen a "real" laser before.
I'll set up little balls of flash paper all over the house. Then as I walk though the house with the person, Poof, Poof,Poof, quickly light them. Because I have blackened them, they can't be seen, so it seems to the person, that I am shooting out fireballs at random objects. Never fails to highly impress the person. Having my wife in the background, screaming, "Your going to set the house on fire","Be careful", "Hope you have a fire extinguisher handy"., just adds to the effect.:crackup:

Out of the 100's of uses, my favorite has got to be:
I use a 405nm to impress people who have not seen a "real" laser before.
I'll set up little balls of flash paper all over the house. Then as I walk though the house with the person, Poof, Poof,Poof, quickly light them. Because I have blackened them, they can't be seen, so it seems to the person, that I am shooting out fireballs at random objects. Never fails to highly impress the person. Having my wife in the background, screaming, "Your going to set the house on fire","Be careful", "Hope you have a fire extinguisher handy"., just adds to the effect.:crackup:

I love it! -GH

I just remembered this one:I have a little black ant problem in my house... My portable green and my red focusable can deal with them :) they smell so bad when they're burning though...

I just remembered this one:I have a little black ant problem in my house... My portable green and my red focusable can deal with them :) they smell so bad when they're burning though...

From how far away can you blast ants? In the summer I get occasional moths here and I'd like to be able to smoke their asses from the couch...how powerful of a laser do I need to use?

^you need some power, my red works pretty good for it, focusing is not an option, you won't be able to burn them with a non-focused beam of any reasonable power... I use my 150mW portable the most, they said it peaks around 220mW and averages in the 190-200mW area, but I don't have an LPM so I don't know for sure.

^you need some power, my red works pretty good for it, focusing is not an option, you won't be able to burn them with a non-focused beam of any reasonable power... I use my 150mW portable the most, they said it peaks around 220mW and averages in the 190-200mW area, but I don't have an LPM so I don't know for sure.

You think my 100mw o-like bluray would do the trick? It seems to be a pretty good burner, but I'm definitely ordering a waterproof 200mw red focusable from Rayfoss soon :yh: