Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What do you do with your laser.

I was just thinking what do you all do with your lasers? I was hoping to find abit about yourself and what you do with these. From what you use your smaller ones and your stronger ones for.

I have just purchased a 5mW green laser from LEDSHOPPE, and I thought I would start by saying I want to get into lasers but want to start of small and get some good goggles before getting into anything to intense at these stages. Yes I value my eye site allot!

So come one lets hear about what you use your lasers for.

Well my 100mw 473nm is collecting dust atm and my 60 watt co2 is doing the same thing :( ,

I use mine to make patterns on the wall with various moving mirrors, Shine them through glass objects, spook unwanted wildlife in the yard, namely coyotes (I respect yet hate coyotes, they killed three of my cats) My dogs love to chase the dot, and one of my dogs jumps in the air trying to bite the beam.

I have a collection of optics, I like to experiment with lenses and such.

Spook trespassing humans from my property too.

Nice, Do you use goggles with all of your lasers and isnt chasing your dog with lasers etc abit dangerous especially with the green ones?

I am careful with the dogs, and I only use my low power pointer for that.

Goggle use only for set up, I view from a distance, and goggles take away a lot for that.

I have various lasers for different things. I use my violet to make stuff weird colors and glow. My red is for burning. My green us just cool to laze stuff and shine in the air.

EDIT: I do not use goggles. Don't judge me.

I have used my co2 for burning , that does get boring quickly i think , i have used my blue for making patterns and that but not much eals

I have various lasers for different things. I use my violet to make stuff weird colors and glow. My red is for burning. My green us just cool to laze stuff and shine in the air.

EDIT: I do not use goggles. Don't judge me.

I will not judge you It is your safety not mine :) And I like what you use these for.

I am careful with the dogs, and I only use my low power pointer for that.

Goggle use only for set up, I view from a distance, and goggles take away a lot for that.

I see, I think I still need to invest in some myself tho.

Hmmmmmm care to explain :p

Mine all hav their own purpose, violets' flourescense properties are nice in a dark room, my red's got a lot of the burning power, my green pointers just look great in the sky and turn off streetlights (love doin that lol), and my green portable is my best burner AND the coolest looking one in the night (or late dusk) skies.

I do car about my safety it's just laser goggles defeat the purpose of the color of the laser. I would like clear protective goggles. I used to always hate 3D goggles till I saw the Avatar ones.

Nice, Do you use goggles with all of your lasers and isnt chasing your dog with lasers etc abit dangerous especially with the green ones?

Hardest part is getting the dog to wear the goggles LOL---seriously-- I would avoid the eye area of any pets--btw some dogs get obsessed with a laser and it can become a major problem--its a mistake to confuse an anxious/obsessed dog with a 'happy' one..IMHO--HZ

I do car about my safety it's just laser goggles defeat the purpose of the color of the laser. I would like clear protective goggles. I used to always hate 3D goggles till I saw the Avatar ones.

Here is how it works at my home/laser/music parties-- I try very hard to keep all beams either over you head or below your knees-- I pass out the goggles(right ones for the nm I am doing)- once I get my 'show' running people can look over their goggles once they are certain to be in a safe zone. for example to view liquid sky or tunnel-only after one is certain to be above or below the 'sky' line can they remain in the same spot and look over the goggles-- for the 'tunnel'(s)I invite them to position themselves inside the center of it and CAREFULLY look at it but they must remain inside the 'safe zone' of the tunnel--and even with all that an accidents can happen--so you have to know and trust your friends to be careful. This method is by no means fool-proof but watching a laser show with goggles ,seems to me, negates a lot of the point. p.s. I have 2 pair of all (except red) goggles and 7 for green lasers..............whatever you do--don't put your other eye out!!!!---btw I don't think 'clear goggles' would not provide any protection except if someone threw a pointer at you.

I don't think 'clear goggles' would not provide any protection except if someone threw a pointer at you.

hamster.gif

Here is how it works at my home/laser/music parties-- I try very hard to keep all beams either over you head or below your knees-- I pass out the goggles(right ones for the nm I am doing)- once I get my 'show' running people can look over their goggles once they are certain to be in a safe zone. for example to view liquid sky or tunnel-only after one is certain to be above or below the 'sky' line can they remain in the same spot and look over the goggles-- for the 'tunnel'(s)I invite them to position themselves inside the center of it and CAREFULLY look at it but they must remain inside the 'safe zone' of the tunnel--and even with all that an accidents can happen--so you have to know and trust your friends to be careful. This method is by no means fool-proof but watching a laser show with goggles ,seems to me, negates a lot of the point. p.s. I have 2 pair of all (except red) goggles and 7 for green lasers..............whatever you do--don't put your other eye out!!!!---btw I don't think 'clear goggles' would not provide any protection except if someone threw a pointer at you.

I mean I wish some how they could make clear protective laser goggles. I want protection but want to see the true color.