Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What did LPF get for Christmas???

Giannis_TDM

I got stuff from DTR: Sharp 488 in a copper module with g8 lenses, Sharp 505nm diode, Sharp 185mw 638 diode, And 5 copper modules. I also got a pre built 700mw 525 from Trinh.
1577298711795.png 1577298996534.png
Wow just realized how much money I spend this Christmas. I should learn some self control...

HI G,
Awesome purchase you might have sent a little more than usual, but you will have therefor a long time. Enjoyand thanks for sharing the moment with LPF.

jbuenavides

I never bought any gift for myself this year but I did receive stuff like a new watch and air fryer.

Reactions: GSS
Family exchanges token stuff although I did have a nice steak dinner and I bought myself some guns, a portable ham radio and a RGB module which is pretty good for what I paid, the white ( RGB ) is pretty good but the yellow ( RG ) and sky blue ( GB ) are really good and well aligned which was a suprise. :D

SANY4479.JPGSANY4479.JPG

SANY4523.JPG

SANY4483.JPG

SANY4482.JPG

This is my RGB and it outputs 120mw@520nm, 300mw@638, 400mw@450nm which was a pleasant surprise as it was listed as 520nm(80mW)+638nm(120mW)+445nm(400mW) ............the green and blue are a very good match as for beam dia. and the red is very close, pleasantly surprised for 60 bucks and it was burning my wood backstop when I powered it up doing 800mw, just can't beat it for the price, right now I have the 3 diodes switched on/off but I will make a box for it with PWM control for each later.

**Power test on my LPM but wavelength is just my best guess by eye.

SANY4488.JPG

Last edited:
This was delivered to the base post office Christmas day. A coherent 40 watt 806-810 nm FAP.

Does the FAP produce any, or full output? Was it zapped if someone touched the DC contacts without the static strap? don't know, but the price was right and can be returned. Due to the sellers location and scrap business, I believe this was purchased as part of some scrap from Coherent, doesn't appear it ever made it into equipment and might have plenty of hours left on the FAP. Aside from the possibility of having a FAP in like new condition, what I liked is the optics are all there. No TEC present and due to the circuit board and chassis having multiple thermistor sensors I believe the whole assembly was meant to be mounted on something to control the temperature.

Robert, OK, you did it, I ordered one of those RGB's too, have been watching them for a long time.

Edit: I just opened this thing up a few minutes before posting this photo, appears what I thought was a YVO4 crystal is perhaps a mirror, but I don't see any adjustment for it and the other side of where that N167 piece is appears to have a place to mount a coupling, perhaps a temperature coupling, don't know. If anyone recognizes this piece, please let me know what it might have come out of or was designed for.

Edit again: Well..... this isn't what I thought it was from the photo when looking at it on ebay, appears to be some kind of leveling accelerometer using a FAP laser, but I don't understand why they would use a high power FAP for this. Maybe I'm completely wrong, donno.

Last edited:
This was delivered to the base post office Christmas day. A coherent 40 watt 806-810 nm FAP.

Does the FAP produce any, or full output? Was it zapped if someone touched the DC contacts without the static strap? don't know, but the price was right and can be returned. Due to the sellers location and scrap business, I believe this was purchased as part of some scrap from Coherent, doesn't appear it ever made it into equipment and might have plenty of hours left on the FAP. Aside from the possibility of having a FAP in like new condition, what I liked is the optics are all there. No TEC present and due to the circuit board and chassis having multiple thermistor sensors I believe the whole assembly was meant to be mounted on something to control the temperature.

Robert, OK, you did it, I ordered one of those RGB's too, have been watching them for a long time.

Edit: I just opened this thing up a few minutes before posting this photo, appears what I thought was a YVO4 crystal is perhaps a mirror, but I don't see any adjustment for it and the other side of where that N167 piece is appears to have a place to mount a coupling, perhaps a temperature coupling, don't know. If anyone recognizes this piece, please let me know what it might have come out of or was designed for.
Family exchanges token stuff although I did have a nice steak dinner and I bought myself some guns, a portable ham radio and a RGB module which is pretty good for what I paid, the white ( RGB ) is pretty good but the yellow ( RG ) and sky blue ( GB ) are really good and well aligned which was a suprise. :D

View attachment 67347View attachment 67337

View attachment 67349

View attachment 67338

View attachment 67339

This is my RGB and it outputs 120mw@520nm, 300mw@638, 400mw@450nm which was a pleasant surprise as it was listed as 520nm(80mW)+638nm(120mW)+445nm(400mW) ............the green and blue are a very good match as for beam dia. and the red is very close, pleasantly surprised for 60 bucks and it was burning my wood backstop when I powered it up doing 800mw, just can't beat it for the price, right now I have the 3 diodes switched on/off but I will make a box for it with PWM control for each later.

**Power test on my LPM but wavelength is just my best guess by eye.

View attachment 67340
Hi Red
What firearms did you get??

Lagomorpha

I got Pokémon Sword+Shield steel book edition(don't judge me, I'm a 30 year old boy) from my sister up north, I got a small sushi making kit from my oldest niece(I used to work at a sushi restaurant) a chocolate orange from my ex brother in law(still family) and a 25$ movie gift card(lady friend got one too) from my step-father. All in all, a fun christmas.
Oh. And I got a medical grade silicone bong that I could fold up and take anywhere I wanted from my mum a few months back as an early gift but it got stolen off my back porch.
EDIT: Oh, AND I charged an H Series Thor on LPS a few days back, and if I don't have money by next month my mum will help me pay for it(I am disabled and have an SSI hearing next month)

@ GSS: That's interesting GSS, have you used it yet? :)

@ Lifetime17: I scored several great deals and made some interesting swaps, there's been a gun show every weekend this month here, I also contribute regularly to GOA , SAF and many others plus I joined the VCDL to help in the fight for our rights in Virginia, it's going to continue getting ugly there...........well I don't want to get off topic but everyone should be aware of what's going on and what it means to our fundamental Freedom.

tmoney321

I bought myself some guns, a portable ham radio and a RGB module which is pretty good for what I paid
Exactly what Ive been buying as of recent, you have fine tastes my friend :cool:. What radio did you pick up? I got a few Baofengs when the Oct 1 FCC change went into effect - but that didnt seem to effect anything regarding availability. When you get into them, its like 303 lasers - they lead to a desire for learning, better quality handhelds, and then SDR.

GSS

Red, just cut a few pieces of some old injection mold railing from a 60 year visible V8 model for now. The saw on it now is carbide tipped and cut pretty clean with no gumming up.
Came with another diamond dust blade and a fiber cut off type. Will play some more. For $37 it is a deal I think..

On another note, I should of went for pistol permit years ago, but I have a FID card in MA which makes it legal to have a Rifle or Shotgun.
I can't carry them in public but at least have them at home..

Lagomorpha

Also I hot a frickin' sweet tobacco pipe with some Cherry flavored tobacco from my father in law(just relapsed on smoking again because of all the stress that i have had over the past year/few month. He also gave me some Anime on DVD.

Attachments

• received_516394865890985.jpeg
    received_516394865890985.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 5
Exactly what Ive been buying as of recent, you have fine tastes my friend :cool:. What radio did you pick up? I got a few Baofengs when the Oct 1 FCC change went into effect - but that didnt seem to effect anything regarding availability. When you get into them, its like 303 lasers - they lead to a desire for learning, better quality handhelds, and then SDR.

Yep grabbed a Baofeng UV-5R III and I am new to ham but I indent to learn and upgrade.

@ GSS Good man, but you shouldn't have to ask permission to exercise your rights, never give them up, your right to defend yourself is a God given right.