Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Warning about LPF member "pr0jkt" & PayPal

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnthoT

This member Laser Pointer Forums - Discuss Lasers & Laser Pointers - View Profile: pr0jkt
is a scamming buyer.

i recently sold a laser to this member & he payed the amount via paypal. he originally couldn't pay the full price so i told him he can pay the remaining 20$ a later time which we agreed to. so all was well & he payed the other part no problem, BUT then once i shipped the item he issued a "unauthorized transaction" claim on paypal which then caused paypal to take all that money away from me, AFTER i shipped the laser...

now paypal won't do anything most likely for me even though i shipped tracked insured & express so I'm basically screwed 140$....

just a warning to sellers, don't do business with this guy

For now I am just thinking that I lost the case because PayPal can't distinguish a scammer from a normal transaction so if it ends up being sent back to me I'll be happy but if not then I guess someone just got a free laser....

Paypal & the Scammers said:
Hello ,

We have reviewed your PayPal Account and, due to the excessive risk
involved, we would like to begin parting ways in a manner that is least
disruptive to your business.

-----------------------------------
Disbursement options
-----------------------------------

Option 1. If you owe refunds to any of your buyers, you can use the money
in your PayPal account to refund them. Click "Contact Us" at the bottom of
the page with the transaction details. We’ll send a refund on your behalf
using money from your PayPal balance.

Option 2. Money in your PayPal account will be held for 180 days. After 180
days, we'll email you information on how to receive your funds.

Thanks,

PayPal

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you
will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account
and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

so they don't find i have enough Disbursement options. :wtf:

anyways i already called my bank & credit card companies to file for a lost card so paypal can stop scamming me already...

So this story/ rant is done.. Phillip caused all this & he is still out there with a paypal account scamming people as we speak, PayPal doesn't care because they are collecting interest on the money in my account right now, just to piss paypal off I'm going to refund some random people. i rather people get their money back now for free then having to wait 180 days & let PAYPAL MAKE MONEY OFF MY MONEY. at least they won't accomplish their goal :)

the best thing is, paypal NEVER replied to ONE of my emails, they NEVER called me back when they said they would, They NEVER took into consideration that there ARE some scamming buyers... not always scamming sellers...

Im done with this thread & i think its purpose has been served,

hopefully people will now know PayPal is dangerous & a risk on its own, They are ALLOWED to do this FOR NO REASON, they DONT need to give you warnings or any consent of a situation like this...

It just really pisses me off how the scammers have gotten away with their PayPal's while hundreds/thousands of people have to have this happen to them when they really didn't deserve it. & to think this all started as a unauthorized transaction claim, they somehow manage to associate that with me being a scammer, who knows Phillip could very well be using a stolen credit card, but PayPal doesn't suspect him...

Last edited:

Things

Re: Warning about LPF member "pr0jkt"

Uhh, if you tracked insured express and have a tracking number, PayPal will go on your side. All you have to do is prove it was delivered.

I think the issue is the "unauthorized transaction" claim. I'm not sure how that works, but I assume he basically claims that his account was hacked or something like that.

Things

It can also mean the bank denied or retracted the payment, in which case Paypal is out of pocket also.

AnthoT

I gave PayPal the tracking and all even a picture of the package all packed up...
I called them too and they said they are working on it.

I'm just so pissed nothing's going my way lately, I lost ~500$ in my last GB so I had to take that out of my paycheck & then I sell my lasers now this guy scams me of my favorite laser I didn't even want to sell but he seems like he really wanted it do I said ok...

Now I have NO lasers :cryyy:

No it wasnt his bank, he issued a credit card chargeback... Himself

Last edited:

Uhh, if you tracked insured express and have a tracking number, PayPal will go on your side. All you have to do is prove it was delivered.

You must! Must get signature confirmation And it must be
in person. If you have anything less when Paypal comes calling
consider it a lost case.

To the OP - Can you provide proof the buyer acknowledged receipt of the Laser , either by email or perhaps here on LPF?

AnthoT

You must! Must get signature confirmation And it must be
in person. If you have anything less when Paypal comes calling
consider it a lost case.

To the OP - Can you provide proof the buyer acknowledged receipt of the Laser , either by email or perhaps here on LPF?

I can easily...

I am waiting on PayPal to decide their outcome... As of now I just lost my laser and money

Damn man, this really is baaaaaad..... :( Paypal always goes to the buyers side.... which is good for scUm buyers!

They can say whatever they think of and paypal is on their side. A friend of mine sent a rare gold plated watch for about $1000 and the buyer received it and said it was broken (most likely he broke it on purpose after seeing it and didn't like it I guess) so paypal returned his money without asking anything......

Last edited:

AnthoT

Damn man, this really is baaaaaad..... :( Paypal always goes to the buyers side.... which is good for scUm buyers!

They can say whatever they think of and paypal is on their side. A friend of mine sent a rare gold plated watch for about $1000 and the buyer received it and said it was broken (most likely he broke it on purpose after seeing it and didn't like it I guess) so paypal returned his money without asking anything......

Ouch, that is like 10 times worse them what happened to me...

Never liked Paypal, hope you get your money back.
Paypal is great until you get scammed by a *@!*#? like this, fortunately I have never been, hope you will be refunded of your money :(, I hate this kind of people

AnthoT

Paypal is great until you get scammed by a *@!*#? like this, fortunately I have never been, hope you will be refunded of your money :(, I hate this kind of people

Yeah... I'm not a PayPal fan either & I have to keep using it... Seller protection my ass these people don't protect sellers they just rape us with fees for everything & when you actually need this "seller protection" they don't do anything

ARG

This same guy was inquiring about a C6 I had for sale a month ago or so. I thought it sounded fishy...

pr0jkt said:
Can i send you the 120 and still have it shipped? I have my paycheck that I'm going to deposit along with the 120$ cash, but the check usally needs 2-3 days to clear. But I promise I am good for it, and won't rip you off..especially if i send to the 120 in a bit

He kept saying he would pay for it, and asked me to hold it for him; then I never heard back from him. Definitely a bad buyer and a scammer. :tsk:

AnthoT

This same guy was inquiring about a C6 I had for sale a month ago or so. I thought it sounded fishy...

He kept saying he would pay for it, and asked me to hold it for him; then I never heard back from him. Definitely a bad buyer and a scammer. :tsk:

Your lucky he ignored you after :)

I'm hoping my favorite laser just ends up getting returned to sender or something... I am here on a laser forum with no laser :(

Status
Not open for further replies.