Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Very overspec 445nm laserpen.

Did you use a Newwish-type host from an old green laser, or from a violet laser? The latter sometimes have thinner walls than the old green ones did.

Blord

This build was in an old green laserpen. It has brass wall as you can see in the first picture in the junkbox. The tube has some black paint scrap off and beneath you see the brass metal.

I have noticed the newer green laserpens are much lighter in weight and the material is different. Also in the first picture on the top there is a silver penhost made of this material.

Great work -- What is that driver? A buck with
switch? Tooo much fun stuff here.
HMike

It almost scares me to imagine having that much power in an innocent looking penlaser.

Im fairly new to all this, and that thing looks AWESOME. I would rather have a small pen laser than a big chunky host. If I buy one of these:

1W 1 5W 445nm A140 Blue Laser Diode in Copper Module w Leads | eBay
(A140 blue diode, 2W with copper module) Do I have to do all the extra stuff, or just mount the driver and go?

EDIT* I guess this one has a lense, the G2, which I have read is pretty good. but is very expensive. Any alternatives for cheaper?

2nd Edit* I guess the 2nd link has an included driver as well. It includes the 1.8A X-Drive and the 405-G-2 already installed. It is sold by DTR, which I have already been recommended to check out by another member, so I think it looks like an ok deal?

Last edited:
It looks like your found DTR's listings. His website has quite a few more options. The different diodes he sells as well as combinations can be found here. You can purchase it with the driver and a 3-element lens which is cheaper. The 3-Element isn't as good at burning as the G2 but it has less beam divergence.